CM's please read RE: Community goals and Solo Vs Group and Open (Image intense)

o7 Commanders,

So I've been having some inconsistent issues which I think are important enough to bring to your attention.
(UPDATE: I have now added or upvoted all of the issues stated below in the Frontier Issue Tracker)

Since update 3.0 I have not been able to team up with my squad in either Open or Private Group modes even though they are able to team up together without issue. Before 3.0 I could only team up with them in certain systems and stations but not all so it was always a roll of the dice. We have since given up trying to science the problem and I have just been playing in solo, in the hope that this may be addressed in future updates. But to date it is still the case.

Today I thought that I'd participate in the community goal but was greeted with this when I arrived at Ashby City:
20210618214437_1.jpg

This confused me however I thought that I would just keep keeping on in the hope that it might sort itself out.

I delivered 471 Synthetic Reagents and 1 CMM Composites but I could not see any progress or change in the CM state.

As an experiment I decided to go into Open and low and behold, what did I see but this:
20210618221441_1.jpg

Yeah, I have made a little profit but that was not the point of making the jumps and getting the commodities in the first place.

because:
20210618220126_1.jpg

Nope! No CM advance for you CMDR EAVOLVE!

I really want to love this game and while I have been trying to remain positive, in spite of the attitude of my fellow squadron who are 6 year veterans to the game (and seemingly 90% of the CMDRs in this forum), I feel like I keep getting kicked in the teeth every time I log in. I invested in the Alpha and now I'm starting to question that decision as I have less and less to show for it every day.

Neutron stars used to be my friend when I travelled from the bubble to Colonia and then back via Sag A* but now they are all trying to kill me with no indication of the danger zone anymore. I can't play with my squad but I am seemingly forced to not play on my own either. Was there fine print somewhere stating that Community goals must be done in Open or private (even though for me everything seems to be Solo anyway)? Is there a reason I am forced to go alone but not log in alone? No teams for me. No community for me. But be in Open or Group or "ye shall suffer commander!"

I remain positive but it's harder and harder every time I log in to feel excited and enthusiastic. This game use to be my happy place and now it's just a minefield of frustration and disappointment.

Can you please give me some answers because no one else seems to be able to or wants to even though I have brought these points up multiple times here in the past.

This is a rant. I am at the end of my tether. I feel gutted.

Please help?

P.S. If any of the grumpy, trolling, childish Commanders who have been staining this forum with their rubbish come here to speak filth with nothing constructive to say then hear this: Not interested! I am not one of you. If CMDR Sally or any of the other CM's know me then they will know that up until this point I have had nothing but positivity and constructive input to give. Crawl back into your hole. Nuff said.

Last edited:
Did you check to see if this is on the tracker to add your +1 and did you make sure you added it if not?

I think the issues you're raising has been discussed in the actual CG threads so maybe there's a collective of people right there willing to help you get this pushed into Fdev's view and so potentially fixed.

If you've not done this then I suggest you get onto it. This is what I do when something wrong with the game bothers me enough. Still worth feeding back here but it sure helps to have a link handy so we can all assist and jump in. I'd vote for it.

Did you sell your cargo before loading into Open and joinng the Community Goal?

As mentioned, you're probably better off looking for an issue tracker to upvote. I reckon Sally has had her quota of the forums after yesterday.

Did you sell your cargo before loading into Open and joinng the Community Goal?

As mentioned, you're probably better off looking for an issue tracker to upvote. I reckon Sally has had her quota of the forums after yesterday.
Indeed she has had her fair share. Last time I checked she wasn't the only CM though. Where are the blokes hiding I wonder? Hehe!

720 Synthetic Reagents mysteriously disappeared from my cutter yesterday! Felt bad for 5 minutes but knowing small matters like this should not waste precious time of Fdev Support especially more important things needed fixing right now (and likely no response anyways) so just took it in my stride...

Is there something in this CG that really needs Odyssey? If there is such a bug in EDO, I'd suggest just switching over to EDH and play it there. Safe zone.
You can't really do more than reporting it in the bug tracker and perhaps lobbying for it to be confirmed and upvoted. Ranting might vent off your anger a bit, but it is not worth to feel gutted when there still is the alternative to use the old - mostly bug-free - client.

Is there something in this CG that really needs Odyssey? If there is such a bug in EDO, I'd suggest just switching over to EDH and play it there. Safe zone.
You can't really do more than reporting it in the bug tracker and perhaps lobbying for it to be confirmed and upvoted. Ranting might vent off your anger a bit, but it is not worth to feel gutted when there still is the alternative to use the old - mostly bug-free - client.
Agree RE: Ranting. Guess I've just been bottling it up for a while now. Like I say... trying to remain positive.

The community goal initially showing greyed out looks like a state issue of some kind, i had the same thing when i first for to Ashby City this morning, already in open, so its not a solo vs open thing.

A relog later it was available to sign up.

The community goal initially showing greyed out looks like a state issue of some kind, i had the same thing when i first for to Ashby City this morning, already in open, so its not a solo vs open thing.

A relog later it was available to sign up.
Yeah right! Could be the case. Just logged back into Solo just now to see after getting my 75% dealt with in Private Group and it's now available. It did stay that way for a while though, as I was hopping around between Group, Open and Solo earlier when I was having the problem and it was still greyed out at that point (around when I originally posted). Thanks for the info!

Top Bottom