Ships Cobra MK IV - My new RES-site ship (mining/pirating/bounty hunting)

I was trying to work out what to use it for, but I think I've nailed it - it's got enough cargo space to be a good mining ship, but it also has power and room to engage in pretty good combat. I have a dedicated miner clipper, for hardcore mining, but this is more all-round, allowing me to do a bit of mining, pirating and bounty hunting while in RES sites.

Here's my build: http://coriolis.io/outfit/cobra_mk_...72l2l1i000n030345031qC0P453.Iw18SQ==.Aw18SQ==

I have yet to work out if I can manage the power like that, but it won't take too much tweaking to get it to work :)

What do you use yours for, and if the same sort of thing, what's your build?

How do you work with the manoeuvrability being less in combat than the Cobra MIII (awesome ship!).

I was thinking of buying the IV but is it really worth it or will I be disappointed as I was with the slow garbage truck that is the Viper IV?

Cobra 6

How do you work with the manoeuvrability being less in combat than the Cobra MIII (awesome ship!).

I was thinking of buying the IV but is it really worth it or will I be disappointed as I was with the slow garbage truck that is the Viper IV?

Cobra 6

I'll be honest, I didn't quite expect the handling to be quite so BAD. I almost died against a sidewinder and the overheating is a bit mental at the beginning of a fight. I have to rethink its role. Its a great miner, I made over 4m in about an hour with it (mainly thanks to improved mining, not the ship), and so right now I'm just using it for that. I will be avoiding fights for now.

And sorry to disagree, and passionately so, but the viper mk4 is a fantastic, fast, maneuverable ship once you get the A4 thrusters. A real dream ship, I can't get enough of it. And so much utility to it too, it handles everything I need for missions and planets

I'll be honest, I didn't quite expect the handling to be quite so BAD. I almost died against a sidewinder and the overheating is a bit mental at the beginning of a fight. I have to rethink its role. Its a great miner, I made over 4m in about an hour with it (mainly thanks to improved mining, not the ship), and so right now I'm just using it for that. I will be avoiding fights for now.

And sorry to disagree, and passionately so, but the viper mk4 is a fantastic, fast, maneuverable ship once you get the A4 thrusters. A real dream ship, I can't get enough of it. And so much utility to it too, it handles everything I need for missions and planets

Hmm guess I need the thrusters then for it to be any good.

After the Viper IV I jumped into my Imperial Eagle and instantly fell in love again, it just works so much better for me.

Cobra 6

Top Bottom