Ships Cobra Mk IV Owners Club

Hello fellow cobra mk iv owners, anyone still active? I’ve recently fully engineered mine and wondering if anyone would like to form a combat squadron exclusively of this ship :) pm me here or “Kafka” in game.

EDIT: In game squadron has now been created... "Cobra MKIV Owners Club" ID:CMK4 if you already belong to a different squadron I think we can still have wings/teams with non-members on an ad-hoc basis. If there is enough interest I will setup a discord channel for us.

Last edited:
Yes, still have mine and take it out for a spin occasionally. It now has 5 rail guns.
I've tried the all rail idea but I am ***e at aiming so mine is currently a gimballed frag/torpedo build ( https://s.orbis.zone/ivi- )... works great PvE or 1v1 larger ships if I can lock the torpedo's on it will take out almost any shields and the frags make short work of the hull. It's hopeless against faster PvP ships (ie Krait's, FDL, Mamba..etc..) because I can rarely get a torpedo lock close enough to hit, but maybe a team of four C4's with various complementary abilities would be a fun melee against the typical gank squad's found at CG's. The other fun thing is my insurance is only 700k cr and I recently sold my FC so I have over seven thousand rebuys available :)

I wish I has access to that Cobra MK4.
Well, i bought one just to see what all the fuzz is about. It turned out i liked it.
It is a good multipurpose ship with plenty of internals. While the Cobra MK III is the better interceptor, the MK IV is better at hauling and fighting. I use 3x Small Gimbaled Beams and 2x Medium MCs. Works like a charm. And the Weapon convergence is so good that u can hit even with fixed weapons very nicely.
You can't buy it though unless you bought Horizons at a certain "promotional point". I wouldn't have minded getting the Cobra MK4 but don't have access to get the ship in-game from a station. Been to a few stations that so called sell it to check - and have never seen it listed for sale, then I read that you can only get the ship if you bought Horizons at a certain promotional time

Last edited:

You can't buy it though unless you bought Horizons at a certain "promotional point". I wouldn't have minded getting the Cobra MK4 but don't have access to get the ship in-game from a station. Been to a few stations that so called sell it to check - and have never seen it listed for sale, then I read that you can only get the ship if you bought Horizons at a certain promotional time
Yep, that's the sore point. It's high time FDEV made it available for everyone.

You had to have pre-ordered Horizons before the release date of Dec 15, 2015. I can't believe it has been seven years and I have been playing this game since 2014 myself. There is nothing particularly amazing about the Cobra Mk IV except that is does offer lots of module slots for a small ship and with five hardpoints can be a capable combat ship. Unfortunately speed and maneuverability are below average so it is not a good PvP ship at all unless maybe you had a wing of them (4 ships) with complimentary abilities (I would really like to try this if I can find three other C4 owners that are willing).

It is also multicrew compatible if anyone just wants a ride in one let me know :) There wouldn't be much for you to do normally but I could swap out some of my hardpoints with turrets just for the crew to have something to do. Or I could add a scorpion SRV (it is two person right?)

That could be solved... say, by a CM4 meetup somewhen?
This is a good idea, and seeing as there are 44 pages to this thread that contain many posts by commanders that once owned the ship I could possibly try and invite them, assuming they even play the game anymore. It's hard to believe it's been that many years.

Meetup activity ideas: races (maybe in conjunction with buckyball), 1v1 pvp event, a visit to the Jameson crash site

This is a good idea, and seeing as there are 44 pages to this thread that contain many posts by commanders that once owned the ship I could possibly try and invite them, assuming they even play the game anymore. It's hard to believe it's been that many years.

Meetup activity ideas: races (maybe in conjunction with buckyball), 1v1 pvp event, a visit to the Jameson crash site

Nice. Maybe a FFA PvP event as well ;)

My poor CMIV got a little beat-up tonight against a deadly Anaconda NPC, but I did manage to beat it with some hull left :)
Edit: sadly the damage effects seem to disappear after you exit the game and return, I was hoping it would become my paintjob for a while until I fixed it
beatup_cmiv.PNG

Last edited:
sadly the damage effects seem to disappear after you exit the game and return

There's only one ship in game that works properly where damage is concerned, and that's the Anaconda. Sadly all the other ships, while being able to take and show damage, the instant you change instance, like going into cruise for example, the damage to your ship simply disappears. Typical FD to only get the job half done as usual.

There's only one ship in game that works properly where damage is concerned, and that's the Anaconda. Sadly all the other ships, while being able to take and show damage, the instant you change instance, like going into cruise for example, the damage to your ship simply disappears. Typical FD to only get the job half done as usual.
Now I want to go out and get my Conda bashed up, kind of a budget raider-look ship kit.

Top Bottom