Newcomer / Intro Cobra standard shields are they poor ?

I was interdicted on my way back to a station and prepared for combat.
The other ship took my shields out in a matter of seconds and reduced my hull integrity down to 40% in another couple of seconds.
I've had little combat experience as I've been avoiding it until I've got a decent ship so lack of experience probably played a part in it, however I'd barely got my weapons deployed and thrust up before I was out of the game.
I've since upgraded my shields to C4 class so hopefully getting a little bit more time before they fail.
Is upgrading the hull useful I noticed it pushes the weight up significantly
I also need to upgraded to some decent beam weapons when I get the cash.

sounds like you were hit hard from close range by a powerful ship.... yes.upgrades will help alot but all smaller /medium ships will be badly damaged if attacked like that... my viper is maxed out with upgrades but i still.need shield cells and plenty of movement to kill larger ships python asp anaconda are slow but have v big weapons.... next time be prepared to.leg it ???

standard shield are a bit poor.
Upgraded shield generators can soak up a bit more damage, but a downside of them is they also take a bit longer to regenerate to full again (but that's why you have shield cell banks anyway).

The most important thing however is your power distribution.
When being attacked and having no firing solution on the enemy, having power in weapons serves no point.
Put 4 pips into systems and you'll boost your shields quite a bit, making them regen faster, and soak up more damage.

You can also put 4 pips into engines (remaining 2 into systems) and run away as fast as you can with the boost button. Engage FSD when clear and get out of there...

That's how I normally escape from interdiction when I find out it's an Anaconda who pulled me out of supercruise.

Top Bottom