• Serious Cat is Serious

Votes: 8 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When FDEV, WHEN?

13557076_480887865443380_555734961_n.jpg

Thanks to CMDR mung0 for the picture!

Last edited:
Hmmm. Nice thought, but without inertial dampeners and artificial gravity - said cat would not live for very long in an ED ship. It would very quickly turn to jam ;)

HCS made a ships cat .. 100 sounds in the library by look of it. If you use autohotkey, somewhere (if I can find it) I made script from a random music player for a bit of fun. Would need to put it together and link to the purrs etc. .. at the moment it's a ship's crocodile. Umm.

Drawbacks are, the cat turns into a charging rhino, if you emergency drop from SC and they're a complete liability if you happen to pick up a hostile xenomorph by accident, and need to turn the self destruct back off again, to find that darned moggy. With a heartfelt RIP (again) to John Hurt.

Actually a fun thing to have aboard imo. [up]

Last edited:
So, this gets a 'No' vote from me and my co-pilot, Cmdr Daisy Chainsaw (Combat Rank - Master, which is great when flying with paws!).

Having a cat onboard would really distract Daisy when in a combat zone! :cool:

FnWf-Cmdr-DaisyChainsaw-900.jpg

Oh, and T.j... I dare you, don't mess with the poll results! This is serious business.

Good to see people finally taking note of how dangerous TJ can be! :D

I have three cats all of whom are my co-pilots. Sometimes they all want the job at once, a couple of years ago and they could all fit on my lap but now it just ends up being a furball of teeth and claws when they try with the only casualty being my legs and flying!

They also don't really take to well to seeing other cats on a screen so having a virtual cat on the dashboard will require some kind of strong metal cage around the monitor but even with such a screen saving device I don't think I'd be able to see past the enraged furball as they try (and eventually succeed) to get past the protective device and kill my on screen pet.

I already live in fear for my monitors safety since Rebel (Small black and white female) started to notice ships in SC moving across the screen... This is just one of the reasons I stay as far away from the bubble as possible.

irl, I have a 7 month old kitten, she just loves to jump on my lap when I'm not expecting it playing elite. Mainly to give me the hint that I should be giving her attention rather than a game. Her favourite follow up trick is to walk on the keyboard, causing somewhat random effects.

I have enough cat in my life!

If you are going to have cute little "kittens" in microgravity you will need to breed them with little wings so that they never get stranded in mid air. Otherwise you would have to keep grabbing them, and I don't think they'd like that without their consent.

edit... This is a British website and so we should have a British swear filter, but I concede that my choice of wording was intended to be a double entendre. Mrs. Slocombe would not be amused.

Last edited:
Top Bottom