Codex "Reported" unreliable?

(I've already searched the forums and didn't find anything)

I'm about 15 kly out from Sol, in the Outer Orion Spur, and am currently following Codex Reported discoveries to Confirm them.
In 2 separate systems (I don't have the names in front of me I'm at work) I was looking for reported bullet mollusks.
When I get to the systems, I follow any Notable Signals and I keep finding only Space Crystals instead. I fly around them and nada. Nothing.

Is the Codex unreliable in this regard?
Should I be doing something different?
Where the hell are these Reported Bullet Mollusks?

In addition to the Composition Scanner Doesn't Do Anything With Space Crystals bug, this is killing my exploration enthusiasm.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Commander Nascimento of the Coconut Avenger

(I've already searched the forums and didn't find anything)

I'm about 15 kly out from Sol, in the Outer Orion Spur, and am currently following Codex Reported discoveries to Confirm them.
In 2 separate systems (I don't have the names in front of me I'm at work) I was looking for reported bullet mollusks.
When I get to the systems, I follow any Notable Signals and I keep finding only Space Crystals instead. I fly around them and nada. Nothing.

Is the Codex unreliable in this regard?
Should I be doing something different?
Where the hell are these Reported Bullet Mollusks?

In addition to the Composition Scanner Doesn't Do Anything With Space Crystals bug, this is killing my exploration enthusiasm.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Commander Nascimento of the Coconut Avenger

In my experience the reported ones have been reliable most of the time. You sure you are plotting to the right system? and the composition scanner has been working fine for me you have to be pretty close for it to register.

Last edited:
If the system has multiple NSPs, sometimes they have a slightly different selection of things in them. Also, some types of creatures (particularly the smaller molluscs and "anomalies") are quite small, and can't be seen from far away. You have to follow the radar blips.

Top Bottom