COMPLETED CG Colonia Bridge Project Phase Four, Week 4 - Alcor (Trade)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Hey all - we've seen you're getting through the CG at some pace so we've added some extension tiers :)
Unachievable level again so everyone wins! So typical of modern society, why work for anything when someone is prepared to give it you for nothing.
Sorry Zak but this is not the way to do it. People need to work for rewards not have them given on a plate.

Unachievable level again so everyone wins! So typical of modern society, why work for anything when someone is prepared to give it you for nothing.
Sorry Zak but this is not the way to do it. People need to work for rewards not have them given on a plate.
What do you even mean here? The extension means getting in the top 75% will require even more work. Are you saying you want to exclude anyone with a job, or kids, or [insert commitment] from getting anything? You can't seriously think that a CG ending before the weekend is a good thing for participation. Do you think it's fair to exclude as many people as possible?

I say this as a nerd that did 7kt during work hours on Thursday.

What do you even mean here? The extension means getting in the top 75% will require even more work. Are you saying you want to exclude anyone with a job, or kids, or [insert commitment] from getting anything? You can't seriously think that a CG ending before the weekend is a good thing for participation. Do you think it's fair to exclude as many people as possible?

Well said mate

Extension tier? Staying in the top 10% is going to take up all my free time this week, isn't it?

"Every Commander who has contributed to any of the Colonia Bridge initiatives will receive a Brewer Corp decal."
Think wording has been edited... No calculation of colour has been announced...

You dont have to do this CG, any of the CGs will have counted for Brewer Corp decal...
The explorer decal is this CG exclusive... And not demoed yet... zac had no access to the explorer decal..
The exploration decals might be the "Explorer" ones from the Colonia xeno samples CG last year (the pics are under a spoiler tag in the first post). Wouldn't be the first time that a CG decal has been recycled.

A long CG benefits the people without job and kids the most, as they can run all week long, while those with job and/or kids are mostly restricted to the weekend and can't compete all week. So while it allows more people on a whole to come on board, it also allows less people to compete for top tier.

A long CG benefits the people without job and kids the most, as they can run all week long, while those with job and/or kids are mostly restricted to the weekend and can't compete all week. So while it allows more people on a whole to come on board, it also allows less people to compete for top tier.
FD are a bit damned if they do damned if they don't on this one. on one hand I get that this extension is really punishing for those who want to go for top 10% OTOH equally it is unfair on other time zones or people who can't make it on right this second if the CG ends super early.

not sure what the answer is really..... I guess you could argue most people can play in a weekend. so one way may be to have a high final tier (with no prizes in the last tier) but at the same time end the CG at midnight Sunday at the point in the world where Sunday is the latest. which according to Google are the line islands (Kiribati) UTC +14.

edit I got that wrong... it would be the other way it would need to go so midnight at UTC -12. (I blame lack of sleep)

still not perfect but maybe something.

Last edited:
FD are a bit damned if they do damned if they don't on this one. on one hand I get that this extension is really punishing for those who want to go for top 10% OTOH equally it is unfair on other time zones or people who can't make it on right this second if the CG ends super early.
...and of course if they'd just set the Alcor tiers to double what they originally were in the first place, it'd still have ended a little early but no-one would have known.

yeah, considering the prizes they should really have figured 50mil for tier 3 was too low. I get it, balancing the must be hard to make them achievable but challenging but you are right. 80-100mil top tier would have been doable but lasted longer.

I will just add I have really enjoyed these CGs tho and all the main good stuff is in the 75% so not really too demanding. so much so I have taken a break from it to go and see Felicity farseer to engineer and mod half a dozen of my FSDs (they are on legacy engineering but it's time to modernise them)

Last edited:

not sure what the answer is really..... I guess you could argue most people can play in a weekend. so one way may be to have a high final tier (with no prizes in the last tier) but at the same time end the CG at midnight Sunday at the point in the world where Sunday is the latest. which according to Google are the line islands (Kiribati) UTC +14.

edit I got that wrong... it would be the other way it would need to go so midnight at UTC -12. (I blame lack of sleep)

still not perfect but maybe something.
But usally CGs are Designed already to run the whole week.

And this Colonia CG was more or less announced 3 weeks ago (no surprise the last one had the more interesting prizes). Everybody could prepare.

So if one is 5k out in nowhere he had 3 weeks to return or it is a personal decision of priority.

And main point still is, that they didn't helped and adjusted / balanced week 3 Colonia CG where nobody had a chance for a prize because wrong setting by FD, but in week 4 Alcor they adjust where it is not needed! I already stopped playing because disappointed of this weak management of this 4 week campaigns. I stayed 3 weeks in Colonia, now returned on Thursday to the bubble to have at least a chance for a high rank and now this decision.

It looks like the original CG could have ended today later times. Enough time to participate and get a share.

I do see your point..... like I said it is not an issue for me as I never aim for the high levels anyway. 75% is not a major time investment and that has all the really good stuff in. all the rest is gravy (just imo , I am not saying you are wrong)

Would be nice to have something between feast or famine thought

Hey, what about last chance of getting pre-engineered FSD's ?

I see only PP in rewards. (n)
You must be thinking of this CG which did give people an extra chance to receive the double-engineered FSDs?

You must be thinking of this CG which did give people an extra chance to receive the double-engineered FSDs?

No, i mean about this final phase.

I haven't read anything about FDev giving us three chances to get the triple set of double-engineered FSD, just the two that we already got.
Which makes me twice as happy that I did both FSG CGs in both locations. That way I have 4 FSDs each. But I honestly was expecting phase 4 to put them into the tech brokers' shopping list. I could still use many more size 3 and 4....

Quite right.
The only thing I could perhaps criticise on FDev's part is that they would ideally have acted faster. People who threw everything into reaching the top 10 *** for that first day when it seemed like the CG would be over way before the weekend have been thrown under the bus (or at least those of them who can't sustain that level all week, which will be most of them I imagine).
Given how rapidly the CG progress was rising, waiting more than 24 hours to tackle it seems kinda strange.

[*** but it's not like this is unprecedented, so honestly those people should probably have expected the completion bar to be raised; the truly weird thing is that last week's Colonia CG had a stupidly high Tier 1 and that was not adjusted at all, which was plain wrong.]

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom