Colonia's Jameson Memorial?

Again, thank you all for the help, I do have a level 5 access to Mel now. And also true, I did not need Nameless bounties, so double checked.

I was unpleasantly surprised to be ganked when going back to Colonia where my exploration Conda is parked - and the beauty is also the reason I need Mel, want some changes and do NOT feel like going all the way back to the bubble. The ganker was properly dressed up for the occasion; engine disruption, corrosion, the whole deal. I barely escaped with an A rated Python. Didn't even try to fight as a ship with no engineering... You know. I was so surprised I didn't even know what to do for the first few seconds, I was laughing at myself later. So we went low wake, emergency drop (a mistake on my part, I really should have decelerated enough) and just as the ganker dropped in on me he was able to see the jump.

Anyway, Colonia seems to be populated enough to be interesting for the gankers, too, which is really nice (the player population bit, not the ganking).

Again, thank you all for the help, I do have a level 5 access to Mel now. And also true, I did not need Nameless bounties, so double checked.

I was unpleasantly surprised to be ganked when going back to Colonia where my exploration Conda is parked - and the beauty is also the reason I need Mel, want some changes and do NOT feel like going all the way back to the bubble. The ganker was properly dressed up for the occasion; engine disruption, corrosion, the whole deal. I barely escaped with an A rated Python. Didn't even try to fight as a ship with no engineering... You know. I was so surprised I didn't even know what to do for the first few seconds, I was laughing at myself later. So we went low wake, emergency drop (a mistake on my part, I really should have decelerated enough) and just as the ganker dropped in on me he was able to see the jump.

Anyway, Colonia seems to be populated enough to be interesting for the gankers, too, which is really nice (the player population bit, not the ganking).
Nah, emergency dropping isn't a mistake, it's a tactic. The potential damage to your ship is worth it if it means escaping a gank. As you said, you were jumping out (to safety) as he was dropping in on you. Definitely worth the extra repairs rather than a rebuy.

Nah, emergency dropping isn't a mistake, it's a tactic. The potential damage to your ship is worth it if it means escaping a gank. As you said, you were jumping out (to safety) as he was dropping in on you. Definitely worth the extra repairs rather than a rebuy.

Absolutely, but it would have been wiser to decelerate and drop to normal space regularly - this was I'd be able to high wake far sooner. Emergency drop ment my FSD seemed to be cooling down for ages, I was cursing at it while waiting! But I did grin when I saw when the ganker dropped in, just to realize he was wasting his time. :D

Absolutely, but it would have been wiser to decelerate and drop to normal space regularly - this was I'd be able to high wake far sooner. Emergency drop ment my FSD seemed to be cooling down for ages, I was cursing at it while waiting! But I did grin when I saw when the ganker dropped in, just to realize he was wasting his time. :D

Don't you just love how players up the excitement level so much? You were never really in any danger, yet I bet your eyes were locked on that FSD cooldown. :)

Journal File. And, if you made it to Colonia, why don't you have EDDiscovery already running? That would tell you at a glance.

Guys, there is no safe heaven. Went to Explorer's Anchorage (surprisingly fast via neutrons) to collect my previous modules for some SLF fun and decided to drop by SAG-A. Fourth time, but if I'm in the vicinity it would be a sin not to jump there, too...

Anyway, a ganker at SAG-A, too! A mistake on my part, I did see the ship (visually in SC, didn't scan it) but never expected a ganker to be lurking at the centre. Long jump ranges and Explorer's Anchorage obviously changed things a bit. This time no low waking, large ship. Luckily I have stronger shields than long range jumpers, fully engineered light weight hull and 6A thrusters (same highest speed as 7A at exploration ship mass) and not totally incapable distributor, so I managed to escape at 53% hull. If there was one more volley of PA up my behind, I'd be pulverized.

I did not return to EA at first, decided to take it like a man and stay in open, use repair limpets and all. Each only repaired 2% of hull, so I changed my decision, did not take it like a man, logged into PG and repaired the ship at EA in safety. My time counts, after all.

Anyway, if you travelled from the bubble to visit SAG-A, at least carefully dock at EA and sell your data before sightseeing.

Unless, Rat, the poor do-gooder has a KWS, which is grounds for immediately vaporization in Carcosa as you may recall. 😉

Shame this isn't the case in other systems, I might then get one just for the fun!

I never get ganked in my combat ships, only ever my mining ones which is a little annoying as it means I have to mine in solo

Colonias Jameson memorial is just Jameson memorial.

It's not tedious to watch the loading screen for hours, so you just jump back there when you want to use it.

I thought colonians all agreed on this?

Colonias Jameson memorial is just Jameson memorial.

It's not tedious to watch the loading screen for hours, so you just jump back there when you want to use it.

I thought colonians all agreed on this?
"jump" back there? I just suicidewindered then had my DBX transferred back to the bubble. If you wanted to be really cheeky, you could have two long-range DBXs fitted out (far far far cheaper to outfit and transfer than a jumpaconda and almost as fast) and leave one in the bubble at all times, then have the other transferred when you head back out to Colonia. If you wanted to be really really cheeky you could specifically park it in your starting system (so for me, right there at Baker's Prospect) so you could get on your way as soon as you pick up your new loaner.

Top Bottom