Commander, this is Ground Control

I know I'll be getting Odyssey no matter what, but.....

30 Freakin' Big Ones for a DLC! :mad:🤬

Ouch. Horizons only cost me £20. I hope FDev have got all the old major bugs fixed when rolling Odyssey out.

The footage looks great by the way and can't wait. (y)

From "My orders", 5 years ago:

• 1 x Elite Dangerous: Horizons - Pre-order
£29.99
No doubt in time sales etc will change what people have to fork out for this DLC too.

Yeah, but Iv played since day 1, got nearly 11k hours on the game clock. I don't buy too many cosmetics, think last one was about 3 years ago (not counting getting stuff with my free ARX).
So all in all, paying the price, for a game Iv got REAL value for money from.....it's worth it to me.

(I bought X4 at full price & haven't played it at all after 1 month!)
Like I posted, I'll be buying it. I just think £30 in a bit pricey.
I've spent upwards of £100+ on cosmetics & ARX and if I had to put a REAL value for money price on this game, I couldn't afford to buy it now even if I had a spare couple of grand. Nothing comes close in value for money. ;)

LEP players will get the Deluxe version :) - Will pop a post out at 12 on socials to confirm - Arf

Wow, I think that's very generous of FDEV! Thank you very much! And now that I have the certainty of no longer having to buy Odyssey, I will instead once again invest in ARX to further support the project. I can't wait to finally have both feet on the ground of a moon and explore the area. In Corona times, finally something to look forward to. :)

Elite Dangerous: Odyssey is available to pre-order NOW on PC!
Elite Dangerous Odyssey
£29.99/$39.99/34.99EUR

Will include:
  • The Odyssey Expansion
  • Exclusive 'Pioneer' suit skin

Elite Dangerous: Odyssey – Deluxe Alpha Expansion Pack option
£39.99/$54.99/46.99EUR

Will include:
  • The Odyssey Expansion
  • Official Digital soundtrack
  • Exclusive 'Pioneer' suit skin
  • Alpha access - more details to follow in the new year
Pre-order for PC here!

o7 Commanders

Can you clarify what items LEP holders have access too?

(I bought X4 at full price & haven't played it at all after 1 month!)
Yea, I did that, but for me, VR-less space sims just feels too tiny and remote (still occasionally play XRVR).
Like I posted, I'll be buying it. I just think £30 in a bit pricey.
I'm actually happily surprised, felt sure they'd charge £50. It may be called DLC but pretty sure it's gonna be full game sized. If you put all of Horizons together (ignoring the bugs / poor networking / aneamic addons) it was a pretty big release - from landable planets to alien incursion...

Yea, I did that, but for me, VR-less space sims just feels too tiny and remote (still occasionally play XRVR).

I'm actually happily surprised, felt sure they'd charge £50. It may be called DLC but pretty sure it's gonna be full game sized. If you put all of Horizons together (ignoring the bugs / poor networking / aneamic addons) it was a pretty big release - from landable planets to alien incursion...
To me (with the game footage/trailer) it looks like a complete game overhaul. I can't see anything like that working if it's just tacked on DLC.

@Stephen Benedetti

So I have a question as someone who won't have this DLC right away. Will I have any interactions at all with people using their space legs? For example, will I see people running around on the airless moons I can visit now, and will I see them looking at me from the windows in the station's lounge? Or will they exist in a different instance than me, with my Horizons game looking no different than it currently does?

@Stephen Benedetti

So I have a question as someone who won't have this DLC right away. Will I have any interactions at all with people using their space legs? For example, will I see people running around on the airless moons I can visit now, and will I see them looking at me from the windows in the station's lounge? Or will they exist in a different instance than me, with my Horizons game looking no different than it currently does?

Message to everyone, I suggest we all crowd around Old Ducks ship and just stare through the windows ...

I know I'll be getting Odyssey no matter what, but.....

30 Freakin' Big Ones for a DLC! :mad:🤬

Ouch. Horizons only cost me £20. I hope FDev have got all the old major bugs fixed when rolling Odyssey out.

The footage looks great by the way and can't wait. (y)

I find this price absolutely reasonable. You can't compare Horizons with this expansion. If Odyssey is anything like the trailers promise, then E: D will be playing in the league of Star Citizen in the future...a game that, after many years of development and over 300,000,000 USD in funding, is still in a poor alpha status!

Oh, and by the way, the cheapest entry into the world of SC's alpha costs "just" 45 USD + 20 USD if you want to play SQUADRON 42 as well, whereby the latter has by far not even been published yet!

Against this background, I cannot understand your complaint with the best will in the world.

Well, I will go buy some ARX now to support E: D. ;-)

Last edited:
IKR, Take Call of duty for example. Those guys at Infinity ward are money grubbing s. 119.99 I think it was for their Alpha and beta. (And NO I didn't buy, and won't be.)

Top Bottom