#CommanderCreations - 20/08/2021

Zac Cocken

Junior Product Manager
Frontier
Greetings Commanders!

It's time to bring another week to a close with a brilliant set of Commander Creations! Don't forget you can always get involved using the hashtag #CommanderCreations on Twitter, or by posting your creation in the replies below! Let's get underway:

Norma Expanse Postcard By DarthFabrer

4goMti4.png

Darth Fabrer has been sharing their adventures in the black, and have even sent a lovely postcard of this quite unique set of planets all lined up! Great find, and a great postcard! We'll stick it on our fridge!

Hull Seals Reminder By OmegaDrebin

NEdXyKw.png

You should always be aware of your air supply - and what you need to replenish it! This handy reminder by OmegaDrebin of the Hull Seals will save your Commander's life one day - keep it memorised!

Model Viper By LCU No Fool Like One & Daughter

Uq6kX4U.jpg

Not only did LCU No Fool Like One print out their beloved Viper MkIII, their daughter painted it to match the actual paintjob of the ship within Elite! Amazing effort from both!

Apollo 15 Expedition Poster By SlowRoastedSloth

aabK6uE.jpg

This beautiful poster was made by SlowRoastedSloth to celebrate the recent Apollo 15 Anniversary Expedition that took place within Elite! The expedition was celebrating the 50th anniversary of the real life space mission, which saw the first use of the Lunar Roving Vehicle!

That's all for this week!

Fly safe Commanders,

o7

Is it a bird? Is it a new paintjob? No, it is the ASP HAT. I reveal the secret design I have been working on for months. It is a flat cap shaped like an Asp ship. This one is mine. I will be making others.
IMG_20210820_122108_6.jpg.png

Last edited:
With the hundereds of forum subjects out there, I am not sure where this suggestion belongs. Sorry if this is out of place but, I would love to see an Odyssey upgrade on SRVs.

I kind of understand why an abandoned SRV self destructs in ED and ED Horizons. This made sense since it would no longer be recoverable by the pilot who couldn't walk.

With Odyssey I would like to see this revisited since a person could land ship and walk back to the SRV. Personally, way out in the black, I would like to accumulate 3 or 4 of them on the surface of a planet in my favorite system. Then if I wreck one, I can go get a spare without flying 7000LY to a DSSA.

When I have traveled 15 km away from my Chevy Cruise parked at a grocery store parking lot, I have never returned to find it self destructed. Likewise, if abandoned in the wrong neighborhood, Id like to see that other Odyssey players can steal it or destroy it. Clearly we already have the precident that in a hostile environment the NPC can destroy it. God knows they have destroyed countless of mine.

Top Bottom