Discussion Commanders log manual and data sample

I don't know of any such list. But there seems to be a lot of different names. I just greped these from my Journal files and I don't play that much missions:
Code:
[
    "Chain_HelpFinishTheOrder",
    "MISSION_Salvage_Refinery",
    "MISSION_Scan",
    "Mission_Altruism",
    "Mission_AltruismCredits",
    "Mission_AltruismCredits_Bust",
    "Mission_AltruismCredits_CivilUnrest",
    "Mission_Collect",
    "Mission_Collect_Industrial",
    "Mission_Courier",
    "Mission_Courier_Boom",
    "Mission_Courier_Elections",
    "Mission_Courier_Engineer",
    "Mission_Courier_Expansion",
    "Mission_Courier_Lockdown",
    "Mission_Courier_Service",
    "Mission_Courier_War",
    "Mission_Delivery",
    "Mission_Delivery_Boom",
    "Mission_Delivery_CivilUnrest",
    "Mission_Delivery_Cooperative",
    "Mission_Delivery_Democracy",
    "Mission_Mining_Boom",
    "Mission_PassengerBulk",
    "Mission_PassengerBulk_BUSINESS_ARRIVING",
    "Mission_PassengerBulk_REBEL_ARRIVING",
    "Mission_PassengerVIP",
    "Mission_PassengerVIP_CEO_BOOM",
    "Mission_PassengerVIP_Criminal_BOOM",
    "Mission_PassengerVIP_General_WAR",
    "Mission_PassengerVIP_Scientist_WAR",
    "Mission_Rescue_Planet",
    "Mission_Sightseeing",
    "Mission_Sightseeing_CEO_BOOM",
    "Mission_Sightseeing_Criminal_BOOM",
    "Mission_Sightseeing_Doctor_CIVILWAR",
    "Mission_Sightseeing_Doctor_OUTBREAK",
    "Mission_Sightseeing_Doctor_WAR",
    "Mission_Sightseeing_General_WAR",
    "Mission_Sightseeing_Tourist_BOOM"
]
They look grouped. So I guess you could get away with a group name for the icons.

Thanks, that is a beginning, but please anyone, who had more type names available, please add them here to get a complete list, until Frontier may add it to the journal manual.

I like to add:
Mission_Salvage_Expansion
Mission_Salvage_Refinery
Mission_Salvage_Planet
Mission_Smuggle
Mission_Assassinate_Legal
Mission_Piracy

Last edited:
Commanders Journal Updates

Please can you add a filesize/datemodified update after each batch of writes to the journal is completed?

This way we can use FileSystemWatcher to watch for notifications rather than constantly asking "has the filesize changed?" every second for each active journal (it can be more than one when multi-boxing).

To me, it makes more sense for the game to notify windows that the file has changed, rather than the N 3rd party apps all checking for changes every second.

Thanks.

Commanders Journal Creation

Please add a new event after Fileheader which tells us the commander name for the journal, if known, once the client is authenticated and the player is at the main game menu.

Currently we have to wait for "event":"LoadGame" which isn't even the 2nd journal entry; and it may never happen.

Please bare in mind that with multi-boxing more than one journal can be active at any given time and the only way to tell who's journal is who's is to know the commander name for the journal; and at the moment there are "unknown files" until they start a game and get into their ship; so all the recent known files have to be monitored just in case they change. If we know the commander name for the journal and they have a later journal file then we know we can ignore the earlier one.

Please also add a "client closed" journal entry too once the client has exited; this way we'll know if the journal has ended and we can safely close the file.

Last edited:
Good suggestions. Howard asked that suggestions be made in the suggestions forum because that way they are more likely to be read.

hchalkley

Senior Programmer
Frontier
New journal info in 2.3.10 beta:

* Exploration of a body includes axial tilt
* Factions info in FSDJump and Location events now includes pending and recovering states
* New Friends event for changes in friend status (Requested, Declined, Added, Lost, Offline, Online)
* New WingInvite event

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator

* Exploration of a body includes axial tilt
* Factions info in FSDJump and Location events now includes pending and recovering states
* New Friends event for changes in friend status (Requested, Declined, Added, Lost, Offline, Online)
* New WingInvite event

Awesome - thanks very much, good Sir! :D

Which beta version will this be added?

I ask because the phrasing "now includes" suggests that it would be immediate, but I can't find any trace of it.

{ "timestamp":"2017-06-07T04:31:23Z",
"event":"FSDJump",
"StarSystem":"Lindol",
"StarPos":[-17.688,86.688,2.813],
"SystemAllegiance":"Alliance",
"SystemEconomy":"$economy_Refinery;",
"SystemEconomy_Localised":"Refinery",
"SystemGovernment":"$government_Democracy;",
"SystemGovernment_Localised":"Democracy",
"SystemSecurity":"$SYSTEM_SECURITY_medium;",
"SystemSecurity_Localised":"Medium Security",
"Powers":[ "Edmund Mahon" ], "PowerplayState":"Exploited",
"JumpDist":11.685,
"FuelUsed":0.143338,
"FuelLevel":31.856663,
"Factions":[
{ "Name":"Indaol Independents", "FactionState":"Outbreak", "Government":"Democracy", "Influence":0.284000, "Allegiance":"Alliance" },
{ "Name":"Lindol Galactic Co", "FactionState":"Boom", "Government":"Corporate", "Influence":0.054000, "Allegiance":"Independent" },
{ "Name":"Lindol Alliance Union", "FactionState":"Boom", "Government":"Patronage", "Influence":0.064000, "Allegiance":"Alliance" },
{ "Name":"Lindol Crimson Drug Empire", "FactionState":"CivilWar", "Government":"Anarchy", "Influence":0.041000, "Allegiance":"Independent" },
{ "Name":"Lindol Travel Services", "FactionState":"CivilWar", "Government":"Corporate", "Influence":0.026000, "Allegiance":"Alliance" },
{ "Name":"Perez Ring Brewery", "FactionState":"Boom", "Government":"Corporate", "Influence":0.531000, "Allegiance":"Alliance" }
],
"SystemFaction":"Indaol Independents",
"FactionState":"Outbreak" }

Compare that to the right hand panel:

lMOXoAC.jpg

Department of minor nits: The Cargo and MarketBuy events use commodity types like "biowaste" and "alliancelegislativerecords", but the PowerplayCollect and PowerplayDeliver events use "$alliancelegislativerecords_name;". I'm guessing the $ and _name; parts can simply be stripped out if present, but is this mapping consistent?

Correction: the name is actually misspelt as "alliancelegaslativerecords". Being an ID, that might be better off not changing.

Last edited:
Which beta version will this be added?

I ask because the phrasing "now includes" suggests that it would be immediate, but I can't find any trace of it.

{ "timestamp":"2017-06-07T04:31:23Z",
"event":"FSDJump",
"StarSystem":"Lindol",
"StarPos":[-17.688,86.688,2.813],
"SystemAllegiance":"Alliance",
"SystemEconomy":"$economy_Refinery;",
"SystemEconomy_Localised":"Refinery",
"SystemGovernment":"$government_Democracy;",
"SystemGovernment_Localised":"Democracy",
"SystemSecurity":"$SYSTEM_SECURITY_medium;",
"SystemSecurity_Localised":"Medium Security",
"Powers":[ "Edmund Mahon" ], "PowerplayState":"Exploited",
"JumpDist":11.685,
"FuelUsed":0.143338,
"FuelLevel":31.856663,
"Factions":[
{ "Name":"Indaol Independents", "FactionState":"Outbreak", "Government":"Democracy", "Influence":0.284000, "Allegiance":"Alliance" },
{ "Name":"Lindol Galactic Co", "FactionState":"Boom", "Government":"Corporate", "Influence":0.054000, "Allegiance":"Independent" },
{ "Name":"Lindol Alliance Union", "FactionState":"Boom", "Government":"Patronage", "Influence":0.064000, "Allegiance":"Alliance" },
{ "Name":"Lindol Crimson Drug Empire", "FactionState":"CivilWar", "Government":"Anarchy", "Influence":0.041000, "Allegiance":"Independent" },
{ "Name":"Lindol Travel Services", "FactionState":"CivilWar", "Government":"Corporate", "Influence":0.026000, "Allegiance":"Alliance" },
{ "Name":"Perez Ring Brewery", "FactionState":"Boom", "Government":"Corporate", "Influence":0.531000, "Allegiance":"Alliance" }
],
"SystemFaction":"Indaol Independents",
"FactionState":"Outbreak" }

Compare that to the right hand panel:

http://i.imgur.com/lMOXoAC.jpg

Are the pending and recovering states covered in the commanders log in beta as of now? Could someone kindly insert a sample FSDJump / Location journal event covering it?

Last edited:
Are the pending and recovering states covered in the commanders log in beta as of now? Could someone kindly insert a sample FSDJump / Location journal event covering it?

From a "gameversion": "2.3.10 (Open Beta 2)" journal file:

{ "timestamp":"2017-06-13T18:43:56Z", "event":"Location", "Docked":true, "StationName":"No Moon", "StationType":"Bernal", "StarSystem":"Synuefe XR-H d11-102", "StarPos":[357.344,-49.344,-74.750], "SystemAllegiance":"Independent", "SystemEconomy":"$economy_HighTech;", "SystemEconomy_Localised":"High Tech", "SystemGovernment":"$government_Cooperative;", "SystemGovernment_Localised":"Cooperative", "SystemSecurity":"$SYSTEM_SECURITY_medium;", "SystemSecurity_Localised":"Medium Security", "Body":"No Moon", "BodyType":"Station", "Factions":[ { "Name":"Dedicated Testers", "FactionState":"Expansion", "Government":"Cooperative", "Influence":0.963000, "Allegiance":"Independent", "PendingStates":[ { "State":"CivilUnrest", "Trend":1 }, { "State":"Lockdown", "Trend":1 } ], "RecoveringStates":[ { "State":"Boom", "Trend":0 } ] }, { "Name":"Network Gurus", "FactionState":"Lockdown", "Government":"Cooperative", "Influence":0.037000, "Allegiance":"Independent", "PendingStates":[ { "State":"CivilUnrest", "Trend":0 } ] } ], "SystemFaction":"Dedicated Testers", "FactionState":"Expansion" }{ "timestamp":"2017-06-13T18:56:04Z", "event":"FSDJump", "StarSystem":"Synuefe XR-H d11-102", "StarPos":[357.344,-49.344,-74.750], "SystemAllegiance":"Independent", "SystemEconomy":"$economy_HighTech;", "SystemEconomy_Localised":"High Tech", "SystemGovernment":"$government_Cooperative;", "SystemGovernment_Localised":"Cooperative", "SystemSecurity":"$SYSTEM_SECURITY_medium;", "SystemSecurity_Localised":"Medium Security", "JumpDist":1.685, "FuelUsed":0.010084, "FuelLevel":31.989916, "Factions":[ { "Name":"Dedicated Testers", "FactionState":"Expansion", "Government":"Cooperative", "Influence":0.963000, "Allegiance":"Independent", "PendingStates":[ { "State":"CivilUnrest", "Trend":1 }, { "State":"Lockdown", "Trend":1 } ], "RecoveringStates":[ { "State":"Boom", "Trend":0 } ] }, { "Name":"Network Gurus", "FactionState":"Lockdown", "Government":"Cooperative", "Influence":0.037000, "Allegiance":"Independent", "PendingStates":[ { "State":"CivilUnrest", "Trend":0 } ] } ], "SystemFaction":"Dedicated Testers", "FactionState":"Expansion" }

Someone with a journal file from a little later in the beta (this was almost a week ago as you can see from the timestamps, might have something better, including what range of values 'Trend' can have. If Howard is reading an updated manual would be good :) .

Could the ApproachSettlement event be improved? Currently it's lacking quite a bit:

{ "timestamp":"2017-06-22T19:27:21Z", "event":"ApproachSettlement", "Name":"Hughes Base" }

If this could be updated to include the planet it's on and the faction owner, it would be very helpful. Something like this:

{ "timestamp":"2017-06-22T19:27:21Z", "event":"ApproachSettlement", "Name":"Hughes Base"
, "SettlementType":"Mining"
, "SettlementSize":"+"
, "SettlementFaction":"Lords of Purui"
, "SettlementGovernment":"$government_Feudal"
, "SettlementAllegiance":"Independent"
, "SettlementBody":"Purui A 2"
}

I'm sorry, but ...

2.1 File Location
The journal files are written into the user's Saved Games folder, eg, for Windows:
C:\Users\User Name\Saved Games\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\
The filename is of the form Journal...log, similar to network log files

I do not have anything similar on the computer mentioned files and directories.
And of course, know what the folder "Users / User Name" means

(Windows 7 Home SP1, Elite Dangerous)

I do not have anything similar on the computer mentioned files and directories.

Try to put "%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games" as location in explorer. The "Saved Games" part could be localised but should work in it's native form (for me it says "Gespeicherte Spiele").

Top Bottom