Discussion Commanders log manual and data sample

Sorry if I missed it but I'm looking at the log for load out data but don't know what the item is named in game, like Slot":"FrameShiftDrive", "Item":"Int_Hyperdrive_Size4_Class1"
Is there a database or file to look up the item to get more information.
Thanks for any help

On a similar note as itguy327, I see there's a description of how localisation works in the PDF, but some terms aren't included and have inconsitencies.

For example, note the case of TelemetrySuite below:

<pre>
{
"timestamp": "2017-06-27T21:08:17Z",
"event": "MissionCompleted",
"Faction": "Yin T'ien Corp.",
"Name": "Mission_Delivery_Boom_name",
"MissionID": 157621112,
"Commodity": "$EvacuationShelter_Name;",
"Commodity_Localised": "Evacuation Shelter",
"Count": 16,
"DestinationSystem": "Lombor",
"DestinationStation": "Bachman Prospect",
"Reward": 411065,
"CommodityReward": [
{
"Name": "TelemetrySuite",
"Count": 4
}
]
}

{
"timestamp": "2017-06-27T21:17:15Z",
"event": "MarketSell",
"Type": "telemetrysuite",
"Count": 4,
"SellPrice": 2953,
"TotalSale": 11812,
"AvgPricePaid": 0
}
</pre>

Last edited:

hchalkley

Senior Programmer
Frontier
Mind elaborating on what the Trend value is and what it means, and what values it could have?

I think the trend value can be either -1, 0 or 1, indicating whether the pending or recovering state is falling, steady or increasing - but I'm not an expert in the background simulation.

Since there is already so much information in the Journal could you add Infos about the other ship systems too?
Like Hardpoints deployed, cargo hatch, landing gear etc.
It would be really useful in building reactive lighting for RGB hardware.

Since there is already so much information in the Journal could you add Infos about the other ship systems too?
Like Hardpoints deployed, cargo hatch, landing gear etc.
It would be really useful in building reactive lighting for RGB hardware.

We have asked this before, but i don't think they want to include such real time info in the journal.

If FD ever want to do something like this (please) and give us real time info about ship state, ship movement, and UI state (such as what panel the user is viewing - be very useful) I think another API other than the journal would be a better option. A UDP stream for instance, or a TCP server..

The Journal.log file is inconsistently recording CMDR text messages.

Examples:

Working correctly:

{ "timestamp":"2017-07-11T22:18:13Z", "event":"ReceiveText", "From":"$cmdr_decorate:#name=Lt.Practicality;", "From_Localised":"CMDR Lt.Practicality", "Message":"hi", "Channel":"player" }

Not working correctly:

{ "timestamp":"2017-07-11T21:14:25Z", "event":"ReceiveText", "From":"&Gihren Thrace", "Message":"watch what I type", "Channel":"player" }

As you can see, when the log records the CMDR comms correctly it prefixes 'From' with $CMDR_decorate:#name=CMDRNAME - and there is a 'From_Localised' tag. When it is not functioning correctly the 'From' tag drops the '$CMDR_decorate:#name=' prefix and it is replaced with a '&' symbol, the 'From_Localised' tag is missing completely.

This bug seems to happen randomly.

Additionally I notice that all NPC comms are being reported on 'Channel:Local' even direct communications. When direct communications should be on 'Channel: Direct'

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
@Howard: Would it be possible to write current state information for a Community Goal that the CMDR is signed up to when the relevant page in the Left HUD or in the Missions dock menu is viewed?

The following would be great:

1) Community Goal Name;
2) CG System;
3) CG Dock;
4) CG Start time / date;
5) CG End time / date;
6) Current Tier;
7) total delivered;
8) number of participants;
9) current CMDR delivered;
10) current CMDR participation band (Top 10, Top 10%, etc);
11) current expected CMDR reward.

Last edited:
@Howard, this would be extremely useful for the Threshold Calculator page i run, which relies on CDMR's entering thier own data. Extracting from the journal automagically would increse the efficacy of the results, and reduce the burdon on CMDRs to enter data..

https://sites.google.com/site/cgtthreshcalc/home

Nice one Robert M!

@Howard: Would it be possible to write current state information for a Community Goal that the CMDR is signed up to when the relevant page in the Left HUD or in the Missions dock menu is viewed?

The following would be great:

1) Community Goal Name;
2) CG System;
3) CG Dock;
4) CG Start time / date;
5) CG End time / date;
6) Current Tier;
7) total delivered;
8) number of participants;
9) current CMDR delivered;
10) current CMDR participation band (Top 10, Top 10%, etc);
11) current expected CMDR reward.

Hi, I also have a request :p

Would it be possible to add also the localised names (and maybe the commonness like rare/very rare) of materials to the messages (events "Materials", "MaterialCollected" and so on) ?

E. g. "tg_residuedata" and "tg_structuraldata" are very abstract names :O

Duke Jones

Last edited:

hchalkley

Senior Programmer
Frontier
Journal manual for v2.4 beta:

Download links:
http://hosting.zaonce.net/community/journal/v12/Journal_Manual_v12.doc
http://hosting.zaonce.net/community/journal/v12/Journal_Manual_v12.pdf

Summary of changes:
• Added "Luminosity" property to "Scan" event for a Star
• Added "MissionRedirected" event
• Added "SearchAndRescue" event
• Added "SellShipOnRebuy" event
• Include Latitude and Longitude info in Screenshot event if appropriate
• Include transfer time to FetchRemoteModule
• Include info about online friends at startup
• The 'Scan" event is generated for all bodies in a system, when scanning a navigation Beacon
• Added "RepairDrone" event
• Added "Music" event

Top Bottom