Summary of changes:
• Added "Luminosity" property to "Scan" event for a Star
• Added "MissionRedirected" event
• Added "SearchAndRescue" event
• Added "SellShipOnRebuy" event
• Include Latitude and Longitude info in Screenshot event if appropriate
• Include transfer time to FetchRemoteModule
• Include info about online friends at startup
• The 'Scan" event is generated for all bodies in a system, when scanning a navigation Beacon
• Added "RepairDrone" event
• Added "Music" event

Once again thanks Howard - you're awesome :)

Please please can we have "End of Journal" event when the client quits?
And can we have a Commander Name event that logs before Event:Cargo & Loadout?
Surely you know who the commander is by the time you find out what their ship is and what cargo it contains :)

And in "Factions":[{"Name":"SomeFactionOrAnother","Influence":0.045817}] can you please add in influence trend -1/0/1?

Last edited:

hchalkley

Senior Programmer
Frontier
Regarding the engineering modification changes, there has been some work on this, for the 'companion api' - but I don't know exactly when this will go live. It doesn't need to be synchronised with a game update.

Here's a short summary of journal changes for the next beta (in a few days time):
• Added "CommunityGoal" event
• Added "AfmuRepairs" event
• Added "Population" info for system in "FSDJump" event
• Added info on Station Services in "Docked" event
• Include TransferTime property in "ShipyardTransfer" event
• Added a NavBeaconScan event
• Added MissionName to MissionRedirect event

Regarding the engineering modification changes, there has been some work on this, for the 'companion api' - but I don't know exactly when this will go live. It doesn't need to be synchronised with a game update.

Here's a short summary of journal changes for the next beta (in a few days time):

Awesome :) So glad you added NavBeaconScan! Can't give you any more +rep at the moment ;)

Thanks Howard. I assume that long term you want that information in the Journal instead of the Companion API, or are both going to be maintained for the foreseeable future?

sounds great. Thank you for that.

keeping fingers crossed for fixing bug about enigneering data missing from api. 2.4 is so close :(((

This is awesome, thank you.

I would like to request one more addition to the "FSDJump" event, which (as far as I can tell) would make it complete.

Would it be possible to add an array of all system assets (the ones available in the system map I mean) and their respective owners, along with a true/false value to indicate the controlling asset?

Something along the lines of this for Ao Kond:

* Name: Fettman Enterprise; Type: Ocellus Starport; Controlling asset: True; Owners: Albisaki Prison Colony

Granted, Ao Kond isn't the best example, as it only has the one asset, but I couldn't think of a system that didn't have half a dozen or more, and I didn't feel like doing a lot of typing.

While we're all throwing out our 'beta wish lists', please allow me to mention a long-standing pet peeve. :D

While there are Journal events for launching and docking fighters, there are no corresponding events for destroyed or reassembled fighters.

This makes it impossible to create any code logic to track fighter status without some (manual) human intervention.

It would be very helpful to have the ability to connect these dots.

Anticipation intensifies.... :D

Code:
{ "timestamp":"2017-08-24T16:54:26Z", "event":"CommunityGoal", "CurrentGoals":[ { "CGID":405, "Title":"Earn a Special Ship Decal", "SystemName":"Komovoy", "MarketName":"Silves Dock", "Expiry":"2017-09-04T09:00:00Z", "IsComplete":false, "CurrentTotal":74447, "PlayerContribution":21, "NumContributors":2373, "PlayerPercentileBand":100 } ] }

No idea what a sign-up or a delivery looks like, I signed up and contributed during closed beta when this event did not exist yet.

Code:
{ "timestamp":"2017-08-24T16:54:26Z", "event":"CommunityGoal", "CurrentGoals":[ { "CGID":405, "Title":"Earn a Special Ship Decal", "SystemName":"Komovoy", "MarketName":"Silves Dock", "Expiry":"2017-09-04T09:00:00Z", "IsComplete":false, "CurrentTotal":74447, "PlayerContribution":21, "NumContributors":2373, "PlayerPercentileBand":100 } ] }

No idea what a sign-up or a delivery looks like, I signed up and contributed during closed beta when this event did not exist yet.
It's the same event again, just with the data updated, but with a 'ScientificResearch' (in this case) event before the second 'CommunityGoal' event. This is 1) sign up, 2) hand in 1 Focus Crystals:
Code:
{ "timestamp":"2017-08-24T23:13:29Z", "event":"CommunityGoal", "CurrentGoals":[ { "CGID":405, "Title":"Earn a Special Ship Decal", "SystemName":"Komovoy", "MarketName":"Silves Dock", "Expiry":"2017-09-04T09:00:00Z", "IsComplete":false, "CurrentTotal":82255, "PlayerContribution":0, "NumContributors":2674, "PlayerPercentileBand":100 } ] }
{ "timestamp":"2017-08-24T23:13:51Z", "event":"ScientificResearch", "Name":"focuscrystals", "Category":"Manufactured", "Count":1 }
{ "timestamp":"2017-08-24T23:13:55Z", "event":"CommunityGoal", "CurrentGoals":[ { "CGID":405, "Title":"Earn a Special Ship Decal", "SystemName":"Komovoy", "MarketName":"Silves Dock", "Expiry":"2017-09-04T09:00:00Z", "IsComplete":false, "CurrentTotal":82256, "PlayerContribution":1, "NumContributors":2675, "PlayerPercentileBand":100 } ] }

Many thanks for the update. Will there be an updated version of the Manual published?

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Looking back at my request:

@Howard: Would it be possible to write current state information for a Community Goal that the CMDR is signed up to when the relevant page in the Left HUD or in the Missions dock menu is viewed?

The following would be great:

1) Community Goal Name;
2) CG System;
3) CG Dock;
4) CG Start time / date;
5) CG End time / date;
6) Current Tier;
7) total delivered;
8) number of participants;
9) current CMDR delivered;
10) current CMDR participation band (Top 10, Top 10%, etc);
11) current expected CMDR reward.

... and the resulting log entry:

It's the same event again, just with the data updated, but with a 'ScientificResearch' (in this case) event before the second 'CommunityGoal' event. This is 1) sign up, 2) hand in 1 Focus Crystals:
Code:
{ "timestamp":"2017-08-24T23:13:29Z", "event":"CommunityGoal", "CurrentGoals":[ { "CGID":405, "Title":"Earn a Special Ship Decal", "SystemName":"Komovoy", "MarketName":"Silves Dock", "Expiry":"2017-09-04T09:00:00Z", "IsComplete":false, "CurrentTotal":82255, "PlayerContribution":0, "NumContributors":2674, "PlayerPercentileBand":100 } ] }
{ "timestamp":"2017-08-24T23:13:51Z", "event":"ScientificResearch", "Name":"focuscrystals", "Category":"Manufactured", "Count":1 }
{ "timestamp":"2017-08-24T23:13:55Z", "event":"CommunityGoal", "CurrentGoals":[ { "CGID":405, "Title":"Earn a Special Ship Decal", "SystemName":"Komovoy", "MarketName":"Silves Dock", "Expiry":"2017-09-04T09:00:00Z", "IsComplete":false, "CurrentTotal":82256, "PlayerContribution":1, "NumContributors":2675, "PlayerPercentileBand":100 } ] }

(@Athan: Thanks for posting this! :D)

1) Check;
2) Check;
3) Check;
4) Missing - on reflection not relevant as a CG that has not started is not visible and therefore has no progress data to publish;
5) Check;
6) Missing - this one would have been a nice to have - as it would allow the Tier threshold to be identified more accurately;
7) Check;
8) Check;
9) Check;
10) Check;
11) Missing - would have been a nice to have, not fussed about its omission.

@Howard - thank you very much, kind sir! :D

[edit] .... and having looked at the revised manual link posted below, I can see that 6 and 11 are also included - thanks very much indeed - perfect! :D [/edit]

Last edited:
Code:

Intresting. I just contributed some more, and all I got was:
Code:
{ "timestamp":"2017-08-25T09:32:07Z", "event":"RepairAll", "Cost":2325 }
{ "timestamp":"2017-08-25T09:32:47Z", "event":"ScientificResearch", "Name":"focuscrystals", "Category":"Manufactured", "Count":2 }
{ "timestamp":"2017-08-25T09:36:33Z", "event":"Music", "MusicTrack":"Exploration" }

No CommunityGoal event in sight. Tried it again after quit to desktop and restart, and while I got the communitygoal event on startup, again no CommunityGoal event after my contribution. Time to make my way to the bug report forum.

EDIT: bug report

Last edited:
Intresting. I just contributed some more, and all I got was:
Code:
{ "timestamp":"2017-08-25T09:32:07Z", "event":"RepairAll", "Cost":2325 }
{ "timestamp":"2017-08-25T09:32:47Z", "event":"ScientificResearch", "Name":"focuscrystals", "Category":"Manufactured", "Count":2 }
{ "timestamp":"2017-08-25T09:36:33Z", "event":"Music", "MusicTrack":"Exploration" }

No CommunityGoal event in sight. Tried it again after quit to desktop and restart, and while I got the communitygoal event on startup, again no CommunityGoal event after my contribution. Time to make my way to the bug report forum.
Ah, I probably opened the CG details on the mission board for both 'CommunityGoal' events.

Those 'ScientificResearch', and any other CG related 'hand in' events, really should quite the relevant CGID so that this can all be tracked. Automatically spitting out a fresh 'CommunityGoal' event at that point would likely also be welcome.

Can we have something like this please? for when the internal fuel is refilled.
When bounty hunting for a long period of time my small FDL fuel tank can get depleted and an audible warning per 10% of fuel used would be superb.
She's quite thirsty!

{ "timestamp":"2017-02-10T14:25:51Z", "event":"InternalTankRefilled", "FuelLevel":3.964024, "FuelCapacity":8.000000 }

{ "timestamp":"2017-02-10T14:25:51Z", "event":"InternalTankRefilledSRV", "FuelLevel":0.964024, "FuelCapacity":2.000000 }

Last edited:
Top Bottom