NOTICE: Community Meeting Efteling 2018

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I´m happy to announce: Me and my girlfriend will join the Meeting at Efteling. We were not able to get days off for Phantasialand so we managed for Efteling. We will be in the Park at Friday & Saturday so if some of you are there for more Days like last year, don´t hesitate to just let us know. We are excited to meet you guys and explore this wonderful Theme Park for another Weekend of Fun and Thrills. [big grin]

Greetings,

Danny

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Great to hear that you will be joining us, Danny! We look forward to meet you again at Efteling during the Community Meeting.

It's going to be a fantastic time again! :D

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
By the way, is there a discord channel for the meetings 2018? [weird] [big grin]

Yes, there is a Community Meeting Discord. You have already joined that one, I've just send you a mention. I'll send you a PM with the invite in case you've switched your Discord account.

Thanks, I have indeed changed the account. I am now using the same as for the CHC. The second account from the last meeting was some sort of an accidental thing. [wacky]

Last edited:

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Frontier is booked and ready to go! Come say hi to Will, Andy Chappell, and myself
mrgreen.gif
can't wait to see everyone again!
heart.gif
Fantastic news! I look forward to meet you all again! :D

Last edited:
Trying to make Efteling happen

So, I would really love to make it to the Efteling meetup as well, but am very limited in funds. As I have to travel there all the way from Cork, Ireland it's obviously a bit of an expense so I was wondering if anyone had any tips of where to stay while not spending a fortune?
It's 50/50 at the moment whether my girlfriend will come along as well or not, and since we'll have to fly into Amsterdam I think the most sensible thing to do would be to arrive Friday and fly back Sunday, with the meeting being on Saturday. Now the question is, does it make sense to book 2 nights somewhere in Amsterdam and travel to and from Efteling for the day? Or does it make more sense to find accommodation in Tilburg for the two nights or even in some of the villages around the Park (Kaatsheuvel, Waalwijk)? The Efteling hotels are way outside our budget and we don't plan to go to the park for 2 days as my girlfriend isn't a huge enthusiast... ;)
I guess if anyone has any good tips or knows anything local that mightn't be obvious on the usual search portals (hostelworld, airbnb, whatever) or could recommend some half decent place to stay for the night I would be very grateful! :)

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
So, I would really love to make it to the Efteling meetup as well, but am very limited in funds. As I have to travel there all the way from Cork, Ireland it's obviously a bit of an expense so I was wondering if anyone had any tips of where to stay while not spending a fortune?
It's 50/50 at the moment whether my girlfriend will come along as well or not, and since we'll have to fly into Amsterdam I think the most sensible thing to do would be to arrive Friday and fly back Sunday, with the meeting being on Saturday. Now the question is, does it make sense to book 2 nights somewhere in Amsterdam and travel to and from Efteling for the day? Or does it make more sense to find accommodation in Tilburg for the two nights or even in some of the villages around the Park (Kaatsheuvel, Waalwijk)? The Efteling hotels are way outside our budget and we don't plan to go to the park for 2 days as my girlfriend isn't a huge enthusiast... ;)
I guess if anyone has any good tips or knows anything local that mightn't be obvious on the usual search portals (hostelworld, airbnb, whatever) or could recommend some half decent place to stay for the night I would be very grateful! :)

Hi leSpring,

I don't know about the prices for staying in Amsterdam, but I'm sure that there are some nice places to stay around Efteling. The Efteling hotel itself is indeed very expensive, but there are cheaper alternatives in the area.
If you are staying in Tilburg, then know that you can easily get to Efteling with public transport. There are buses that start at Tilburg trainstation and end at the Efteling bus stop next to the parking lot of Efteling. There are also possibilities for staying in Kaatsheuvel and Waalwijk.
An alternative for Amsterdam Schiphol Airport would be Eindhoven Airport, but I'm not sure if there are any direct flights from Ireland to Eindhoven.

Thank you for the quick reply! Eindhoven is a great idea actually, hadn't thought of that place at all and the flights there are only marginally more expensive than Schiphol, but accommodation is a lot cheaper than Amsterdam from what I can see! Thank you, that's definitely worth checking out! ;)
And yeah I did see on the Efteling homepage that there is a bus running from Tilburg, that's great to know that at least getting to the park wouldn't be too difficult. I will keep an eye out as to where could be best as far as accommodation goes, but Eindhoven might actually make this all possible, thank you! :)

Still, if there's anyone who can recommend some really cheap accommodation close by to the park I'd be very interested to hear about them. :)

Hi leSpring,

I don't know about the prices for staying in Amsterdam, but I'm sure that there are some nice places to stay around Efteling. The Efteling hotel itself is indeed very expensive, but there are cheaper alternatives in the area.
If you are staying in Tilburg, then know that you can easily get to Efteling with public transport. There are buses that start at Tilburg trainstation and end at the Efteling bus stop next to the parking lot of Efteling. There are also possibilities for staying in Kaatsheuvel and Waalwijk.
An alternative for Amsterdam Schiphol Airport would be Eindhoven Airport, but I'm not sure if there are any direct flights from Ireland to Eindhoven.

For those who have to fly in, it is also possible to go through Brussels Airport, then take an IC-train to the Netherlands (This train stops at Schiphol airport as well).
You'd still have to pay an additional train ticket, but having more options might make it easier to find a cheaper flight and cut down overall costs. (Keep in mind, though, a train ticket from Brussels to Tilburg for a single person is about 24.4 euro. The trip back costs the same, so that's 48.8 euro per person.)

The park has its own hotel, but I don't know how prices compare to local accomodation. Plus it might be difficult to make reservations for that particular day, since the park is open longer.

Maybe we need a 'corpse of Opryland' meetup. I mean NOT at the mall that replaced it, people get mugged and shot there, but there are places around nashville that would be OK at least to hang out.

Try Flixbus. There're 2 bus lines with stops in Kaatsheuvel near by Efteling: Amsterdam > Kaatsheuvel (~ 1hr / 13,99€) or Brussles > Kaatsheuvel (~ 2hrs / 13,99€).

Hmm would love to join you guys, but unfortunately that is the same day as Dynamo Metal fest. So riddlerrevange75 won't be joining you all :(

Hey there guys,

unfotunately, i had some changes in my private life and these affect the meeting. Anne will not be there with me. But against all and everything, i will! [yesnod] Life goes strange ways sometimes... but thats not important here.

I will come to the meeting and similar like last year, i have built a small Themepark tour around it. My plans:

12.07.- I'm taking the Train from Jena to 's-Hertogenbosch where my hotel for the coming 5 Nights will be.

13.07.- On Friday, I'll already be at the Efteling for the whole Day. Mainly to make some tests with my new Camcorder. But if some of you guys are already there a day early, i will be pleased to meet a part of this community on friday.

14.07.- The Meeting, my second Day at Efteling and i hope i can draw more attention to you guys like last time. Since I am by myself this year, I want to stay more within our groups other than split up that often.

15.07.- I take the Train heading East and visit Toverland. I'm excited to check out the new entrance and themed areas "Port Laguna" and "Avalon".

16.07.- I will make my way up to Walibi Holland. I have never got to ride Lost Gravity and since a small cute themepark in Germany (Freizeitpark Plohn - my homepark if you will, besides Belantis) builds the second of this type of coaster, I really want to get a little "tease" of what could come there next year. By the way, it will be my last Chance to Ride the original Robin Hood Woody again until the Ride will get it's RMC makeover for next season.

So I'm glad that everything went... well... well enough that I am able to enjoy this meeting and share some fantastic moments with great people. I'm already on fire, just one hopefully short week to go through and try to concentrate on work. [squeeeeee]

Hope you are all well and everyone will arrive healthy.

Greets,

Danny

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom