News Community Update (27/09)

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Hello Commanders,

We wanted to take a moment to thank the community for all of the feedback that has been shared with us, following the launch of the September Update. We hear your frustrations and are hard at work on rolling another patch to address some of those issues to improve your current Elite Dangerous experience.

With the help of your feedback and bug reports, we're going to be introducing a number of fixes next week. For those that might have missed it, we've collated together some of the steps we've already taken to resolve issues you might be facing:
  • We've identified a list of Known Issues and some of these have already been resolved in server side fixes and September Update - Patch 1. As this is not an exhaustive list of all the reports you've sent our way, we're still continuing to investigate and resolve as many issues as we can. If you've encountered a bug or issue, please make sure to report it to us via the Issue Tracker.

• A number of Game Extras will continue to be released, so if there's something familiar missing from the Store, rest assured it will arrive soon.

• VPN connectivity
    • We're still looking into what is causing connectivity issues for VPN users. We've updated the VPN workaround that we posted on the 24 September. Please try the following steps to resolve the issue:
      • Locate the IP address used by your VPN.
      • Next:
        • (Steam) Navigate to the folder here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Elite Dangerous\Products\elite-dangerous-64\
        • (Standalone): Navigate to the folder here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Frontier\Products\elite-dangerous-64\
      • You should see a file named 'appconfig.xml'
      • Open this with a text editor such as Notepad and scroll down to the bottom, where you should see a Network section.
      • Add the following line (replacing 'xx.xxx.xxx.xx' with your VPN's IP) <UseNic>xxx.xx.x.x</UseNic>
      • The final result should look similar to this:
        <Network Port="0"
        upnpenabled="1"
        LogFile="netLog"
        PingTime="27"
        MaxUpRate="250000"
        DatestampLog="1"
        SendCompressedIDs="0"
        <UseNic>xxx.xx.x.x</UseNic>
        </Network>
      • Don't amend any of the other sections as they'll have been configured for your standard usage already.
      • Save the file in the same location.
September Update - Patch 2

Next week, we'll be introducing a second corrective patch, which will include a number of fixes for various issues. We've highlighted just some of the fixes below, namely those reported through Issue Tracker (and some of the top voted issues) below:
  • Crashes/Stability
    • Fixed a softlock that could occur when trading materials at a material trader
  • Diamondback Explorer
    • Fixed mismatched Paint Jobs for the Diamondback Explorer
  • Interdiction
    • Fixed an issue where interdiction wouldn't end after the player submitted
  • Outfitting
    • Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect weapon mounts to be displayed (fixed weapons showing as gimballed, for example)
  • Rendering
    • Fixed an issue that caused stars in the night sky to disappear (creating, in some cases, 'hard edges')
  • Ship HUD
    • Corrected the schematic of a targeted starport to match its actual orientation
    • Fixed an issue that made ship modules appear twice in the module tab after swapping to a different ship
  • Weapons
    • Fixed Enforcer Canons not being able to be restocked through synthesis
In addition to this patch, we've made some changes to the in-game Store following the feedback you've shared with us:
  • The Store icon located in Station Services will be changed blue to orange to fit in line with the other UI elements.
  • We're also going to rearrange the positioning of the icon and various buttons on the main menu:
    • Station Services - Livery > Holo-me > Store
    • Main Menu - Livery > Buy Expansions > Store > Buy ARX

We'll provide a time and date, as well as the full Patch Notes, for the September Update - Patch 2 next week.

See you in the black, Commanders.

Finally a step in the right direction.

Good to see bug fixes.

That damn "store" button should not be present in the station menu in the first place!
MTX buttons dont belong anywhere outside the livery!

Sigh, but at least its less of an eye sore.
Would still be better if you guys showed some integrity and just removed it.

In addition to this patch, we've made some changes to the in-game Store following the feedback you've shared with us:
  • The Store icon located in Station Services will be changed blue to orange to fit in line with the other UI elements.
  • We're also going to rearrange the positioning of the icon and various buttons on the main menu:

Good to see FDev learning from their mistakes, lets hope you think ahead next time.

Hello Commanders,

We wanted to take a moment to thank the community for all of the feedback that has been shared with us, following the launch of the September Update. We hear your frustrations and are hard at work on rolling another patch to address some of those issues to improve your current Elite Dangerous experience.

With the help of your feedback and bug reports, we're going to be introducing a number of fixes next week. For those that might have missed it, we've collated together some of the steps we've already taken to resolve issues you might be facing:
  • We've identified a list of Known Issues and some of these have already been resolved in server side fixes and September Update - Patch 1. As this is not an exhaustive list of all the reports you've sent our way, we're still continuing to investigate and resolve as many issues as we can. If you've encountered a bug or issue, please make sure to report it to us via the Issue Tracker.

• A number of Game Extras will continue to be released, so if there's something familiar missing from the Store, rest assured it will arrive soon.

• VPN connectivity
    • We're still looking into what is causing connectivity issues for VPN users. We've updated the VPN workaround that we posted on the 24 September. Please try the following steps to resolve the issue:
      • Locate the IP address used by your VPN.
      • Next:
        • (Steam) Navigate to the folder here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Elite Dangerous\Products\elite-dangerous-64\
        • (Standalone): Navigate to the folder here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Frontier\Products\elite-dangerous-64\
      • You should see a file named 'appconfig.xml'
      • Open this with a text editor such as Notepad and scroll down to the bottom, where you should see a Network section.
      • Add the following line (replacing 'xx.xxx.xxx.xx' with your VPN's IP) <UseNic>xxx.xx.x.x</UseNic>
      • The final result should look similar to this:
        <Network Port="0"
        upnpenabled="1"
        LogFile="netLog"
        PingTime="27"
        MaxUpRate="250000"
        DatestampLog="1"
        SendCompressedIDs="0"

<UseNic>xxx.xx.x.x</UseNic>
        </Network>
      • Don't amend any of the other sections as they'll have been configured for your standard usage already.
      • Save the file in the same location.
September Update - Patch 2

Next week, we'll be introducing a second corrective patch, which will include a number of fixes for various issues. We've highlighted just some of the fixes below, namely those reported through Issue Tracker (and some of the top voted issues) below:
  • Crashes/Stability
  • Diamondback Explorer
    • Fixed mismatched Paint Jobs for the Diamondback Explorer
  • Interdiction
    • Fixed an issue where interdiction wouldn't end after the player submitted
  • Outfitting
    • Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect weapon mounts to be displayed (fixed weapons showing as gimballed, for example)
  • Rendering
    • Fixed an issue that caused stars in the night sky to disappear (creating, in some cases, 'hard edges')
  • Ship HUD
    • Corrected the schematic of a targeted starport to match its actual orientation
    • Fixed an issue that made ship modules appear twice in the module tab after swapping to a different ship
  • Weapons
    • Fixed Enforcer Canons not being able to be restocked through synthesis

View attachment 144832
We'll provide a time and date, as well as the full Patch Notes, for the September Update - Patch 2 next week.

As always, thanks for addressing these issues so quickly. It's nice to see a game developer that actually gives a flying @#$% about its customers concerns.

• Crashes/Stability

The last weekend i had several crashes. Every time the option to automatically send the report came up and i allowed the game to do that. I hope that all these crash reports (from all players, not just me) were taken a look at and stability fixes for that also were done.

Also no mention of the Xbox api login being fixed, keeps showing 404 error when trying to load commander data on inara, we aren’t lucky enough to have apps for the game and our ability to import or view data outside the game is now zero, I would have expected this to be a high priority but as usual console players get neglected 😔😔

View attachment 144832

Will, I want to thank you and Paige for putting up with the frustrations regarding the store. I can understand the difficulty of being the face of decisions made.

I appreciate that FDEV has responded to the feedback regarding the store. In these days where most developers and publishers overreach and never reconsider, this certainly helps me believe that with proper communication we can meet both the players' needs and FDev's.

Why to me connection through VPN if I do not use it how to be connected to servers without it? But at least with him, it's still not working!

Hello Commanders,

giphy.gif

Top Bottom