Compendium of Codex requirements

I think I have all the new prices for the Odyssey flora now, and comparing it to Canonn's sheets, they seem to be right. I've left the previous Update 14 prices up in the comparison sheet as well, so people can compare how they changed relative to those as well. Concha Biconcavis's previous value was missing, and it's highly likely that it'll stay that way.

The rebalance this time around seems to have been more varied than just slapping the same multiplier across almost everything. The newer values seem to reflect rarity better than before, although I still wonder about a few things... but the main question is still "so why does Stratum Tectonicas pay this well?" Although I suspect that the answer is that by and large, FD have weighed values considering how rare certain atmospheres and planet types are, and since ST appears on the very rare HMC + Water combination, they just balanced for that rarity originally.... and by now, considering how it has become the staple crop for exobiology, they'd be afraid to nerf its payout.

Well anyway. Horizons prices to come later, although it looks like they'll still pay relatively poorly. So, I won't be posting an update here just to notify that those are updated on the sheet as well.

Here's something extra: I added more info on what Odyssey flora can be found where. Their regions correspond (roughly) to the galactic arms, so those are what you can read on the main Surface Bio sheet, and you can check which regions these are comprised of on the "Regions" subsheet. These should be correct most of the time, but in some cases, there can be a few regions either extra or missing.

In a nutshell, there are two key take-aways:

The really rare and high-paying species can be found in every region, with the three exceptions of Frutexa Flammasis (10.3 MCr), Tubus Cavas (11.8 MCr), and Stratum Cucumisis (16.2 MCr).

The Galactic Centre region has nearly everything. Only seven species are missing from there, and none of them pay very well. (They are: Stratum Laminamus and Limaxus, Tussocks Catena, Pennata, Serrati, Triticum and Ventusa.) That said, I don't believe that it would make a large difference in practice.

The following species can't be found everywhere and are exclusive to specific galactic arms:
  • Aleoida Laminiae and Spica (mutually exclusive)
  • Cactoida Cortexum, Lapis, Peperatis, Pullulanta - out of the Cactoidae, only the famous Vermis is present in every region
  • Frutexa Acus, Fera, Flammasis
  • Fungoida Stabitis
  • Osseus Cornibus, Fractus, Pellebantus - the last two are present almost everywhere though
  • Stratum Cucumisis, Excutitus, Frigus, Laminamus, Limaxus
  • Tubus Cavas, Compagibus, Conifer
  • All Tussocks except Capillum, Stigmasis, Virgam

An added curiosity is that a number of Tussocks are exclusive to two galactic arms (the Sagittarius-Carina Arm and the Perseus Arm), not just one.

If you find any errors, be it from me or the Codex, please post them here!
I found Lividum Brain Trees in a system with none of the listed bodies.

JSON:
{"timestamp":"2023-01-16T19:25:08Z","event":"CodexEntry","EntryID":2100205,"Name":"$Codex_Ent_SeedEFGH_Name;","Name_Localised":"Lividum Brain Tree","SubCategory":"$Codex_SubCategory_Organic_Structures;","SubCategory_Localised":"Organic structures","Category":"$Codex_Category_Biology;","Category_Localised":"Biological and Geological","Region":"$Codex_RegionName_2;","Region_Localised":"Empyrean Straits","System":"Eorl Auwsy PS-B d13-82","SystemAddress":2829032919411,"BodyID":5,"Latitude":26.735876,"Longitude":152.242325,"IsNewEntry":true}

Same for Ostrinum Brain Trees

JSON:
{"timestamp":"2023-01-12T20:12:59Z","event":"CodexEntry","EntryID":2100203,"Name":"$Codex_Ent_SeedABCD_02_Name;","Name_Localised":"Ostrinum Brain Tree","SubCategory":"$Codex_SubCategory_Organic_Structures;","SubCategory_Localised":"Organic structures","Category":"$Codex_Category_Biology;","Category_Localised":"Biological and Geological","Region":"$Codex_RegionName_2;","Region_Localised":"Empyrean Straits","System":"Eorl Auwsy PS-B d13-10","SystemAddress":355131756915,"BodyID":1,"Latitude":-21.716261,"Longitude":3.023215}

Thanks! That needs some looking at then. The second example, I could see the WW qualifying too (as another Codex error), but the first one doesn't have anything close to the usual requirements. I'll have to look up some other examples then.

Hello,

Earlier this week I found Recepta Deltahedronix on a rocky body with a carbon dioxide atmosphere, but which contains also a small amount of sulphur dioxide. This is in contradiction with the description in Codex, which says that all species in the Recepta genus can live only in a sulphur dioxide atmosphere. The body is Pheia Aewsy QB-X d1-9 6 b a. I have attached here screenshots for evidence.

Pheia Aewsy QB-X d1-9 6 b a - Body info - 2023-04-01_1.jpg

Pheia Aewsy QB-X d1-9 6 b a - Body info - 2023-04-01_2.jpg

Pheia Aewsy QB-X d1-9 6 b a - Body info - 2023-04-01_3.jpg

A small update to this, regarding Odyssey: due to the changes of how it handles legacy Horizons stuff, bodies that have surface volcanism might no longer necessarily generate the bios that require it. This is most notable with the sinuous tubers. So, you can come across examples now where the body does have geological signals, and used to have biological signals, but no longer does.
As noted elsewhere before, something similar happened with bark mounds: they appear to require geomes that are tied to surface volcanism, so unlike before, they only appear on bodies with geo signals now.

To sum things up, when it comes to the legacy Horizons bios, take volcanism with a grain of salt, and don't be surprised if a body that had data uploaded prior to Odyssey no longer has the bio present.

Top Bottom