Elite / Frontier Computer Hardware

The thought occurs that we seem to be in the middle of one of the biggest hardware changes since 486's became Pentiums.

With dual core processors now out and quad core processors on the way, ever increasing speeds, and inbuilt GPU and Physics chips apparently dying to make an appearance on new boards etc.

... I dont think we'll be seeing Elite IV any time soon, I watched a video somewhere of a demo designed for and running on a quad core machine, and tbh, if E4 was programmed in that way i'd a) buy a new computer, and b) think its well worth an even longer wait.

Kipper said:
The thought occurs that we seem to be in the middle of one of the biggest hardware changes since 486's became Pentiums.

With dual core processors now out and quad core processors on the way, ever increasing speeds, and inbuilt GPU and Physics chips apparently dying to make an appearance on new boards etc.

... I dont think we'll be seeing Elite IV any time soon, I watched a video somewhere of a demo designed for and running on a quad core machine, and tbh, if E4 was programmed in that way i'd a) buy a new computer, and b) think its well worth an even longer wait.

Alan Wake? That's a pretty special tech demo that is - blew me away!

Top Bottom