Computer Specs

I know i m late to the game, but i wanted to get planet coaster along with a new gaming rig. I was wondering if the attached specs will at least deliver the famed 20-30 FPS the game requires to look amazing. Any and all info would totally be appreciated!! I’m not that keen on computer specs and even though i looked at the planco “required specs” it was like reading stereo instructions.

Attachments

• 614B922E-1C89-4429-BA20-296F96CB5FA5.jpeg
    614B922E-1C89-4429-BA20-296F96CB5FA5.jpeg
    233.9 KB · Views: 287
I know i m late to the game, but i wanted to get planet coaster along with a new gaming rig. I was wondering if the attached specs will at least deliver the famed 20-30 FPS the game requires to look amazing. Any and all info would totally be appreciated!! I’m not that keen on computer specs and even though i looked at the planco “required specs” it was like reading stereo instructions.
I have an Intel Core i7 9700k and a GTX 960 and it tends to hover between 24-30 FPS with no guests in the park. With guests however (10,000 to be exact) it ranges between 15 and 20 which, believe it or not, is still pretty smooth. I'd say in your case, it'll likely just come down to guest numbers, as well as the amount of scenery and rides in your park. You can limit the number of guests in your park so I suggest playing around with that until you reach a framerate you're comfortable with. :)

Thanks dude... is and I7 better than an i5?
It is but sadly it's also more expensive. Usually people would target the best processors and GPUs (GTX 1080 or the more recent RTX models especially) if they're really going for high performance but they could end up spending a fortune, so it's also a matter of how much you're willing to spend (and, following my experience, socket type and power supply also need to be taken into consideration). I'm not saying the i5's a bad choice however, I'm not 100% on how that handles Planet Coaster but it might not be enough to run a large park at 30 FPS, which is partly why I used an i7 processor running a large park as an example.

I advise checking out the minimum and recommended specs if that also helps. :)
https://www.planetcoaster.com/en-gb/system-requirements

Ok so I decided to go with the following instead... an MSI LAPTOP with the following specs... I need to compact computer for travel and work and this thing is aparrently a beast! I think I’ll need to increase the Memory to 16 tho... thoughts?

Attachments

• 9FE6C0BC-6463-4813-9B91-B4972B496A7E.jpeg
    9FE6C0BC-6463-4813-9B91-B4972B496A7E.jpeg
    328.6 KB · Views: 247
I got a ASUS rog but your specs are same as mine. The only difference is I have a gforce 2060 rtx. I can play Planco and planet zoo on ultra no problems. I was going to get a desktop but both models were sold out so I opted for a laptop. Been amazing so far. You should be good to go.

Unfortunately, you won't be able to upgrade the graphics card, as the majority of manufacturers solder their GPU components to the motherboard.

That is true you can add a extra stick of ram if you have a slot open but that’s about it I believe.

I know this is a slightly older discussion, it was the only one I found doing a search for system requirements to run Planet Coaster.

I have recently become interested in Planet Coaster and will probably buy it the next time Steam puts it on-sale. I currently have an artist's (rendering) computer and while it is not new, it isn't a slouch either. Here is my current system information:

Intel i7 6700k 4.0ghz with 16gig ram. I have an Nvidia 1080ti graphics card.

OS Windows 7 - 64bit

While I know this machine WILL run Planet Coaster, I am curious to know how WELL it will run on this machine? (I.e. Max park size, max number of coasters, flat rides, total number of peeps allowed to stay within acceptable frame rates).

Thank you,
D

I´m running a Ryzen 2700X on 4.0 GHz along with 16GB 3200MHz (CL14) RAM and a Vega 64 undervolted. My game is set to use 2560x1440 144Hz, most settings on Ultra/High except stuff like antialiasing (4x) and some weird looking graphic effects.

I´m getting 6-8 Fps (13-16 when paused) in a park with 24000 guests, 23 coasters, 18 rides, 92 shops, 106 staff. Only using the minium required scenery/animations to get everything to 100% tho. The whole standard size map is covered, with a huge lake in the middle.

If I the game isn´t paused when im editing something, as soon as the game starts to calculate my changes I have to take my hands off the keyboard/mouse (any input - especially camera movement - will crash the game). Sometimes it will get stuck in loading screen too. :D

My PC is putting out a lot of heat when running Planet coaster. If I want to play for some hours I´ll have to keep a window open or it will get close to 38°C in my room.

Top Bottom