Console players question

So I've always played JWE on my PC, but I recently bought a 60" TV and I bought JWE for my PS4 and all the DLCs, and while it is beautiful on the big screen and fun starting the campaign over, how do you guys deal with the constant LAG? It's driving me crazy. I'm on Isla Muerta and just 5 starred it, but it is soo slow and lagging. It's enough to kill the fun I've been having, might as well go back to the PC version unless there's a trick or something I'm missing?

Well with lag, it will always happen when the park becomes very big with a lot of dinosaurs, but it rarely does bother my playthrough.
I started the habit of shutting down my ps4 when I know I won't be using it like during long work days. Shutting down the system erases all the caches that the console has been gathering and would make the game a whole lot smoother. That, and I found maps like pena and the tacano research facility to be the smoothest experience when building a large park.

That right there is the reason why we don't have bigger maps. Sucks but that's the way it is. I play on the PC and I would never play this game on a console. Even though it's been simplified for consoles I still wouldn't want to play this game on one. PC is the best way to go.

I don't have any serious problems on PS4, but I never overcrowd my parks either. I've always preferred playing games with a controller, rather than on a keyboard. I sit almost my entire workday on a PC, so when I get home I hate being on a PC/Mac again. Plus I don't want the lag from screensharing to my TV. I would've never played if it was PC only.

So I've always played JWE on my PC, but I recently bought a 60" TV and I bought JWE for my PS4 and all the DLCs, and while it is beautiful on the big screen and fun starting the campaign over, how do you guys deal with the constant LAG? It's driving me crazy. I'm on Isla Muerta and just 5 starred it, but it is soo slow and lagging. It's enough to kill the fun I've been having, might as well go back to the PC version unless there's a trick or something I'm missing?

How about using that TV as PC screen? :unsure:

Actually I'm having the absolute worst lagging issues on Isla Tacano. My park is really dense, I'm used to making it that way on the PC, so maybe I do need to put more space between things, but as we all know it's hard to do on the smaller islands.

I'm not super tech savvy, but I would LOVE to hook my PC up to my big screen.

Actually I'm having the absolute worst lagging issues on Isla Tacano. My park is really dense, I'm used to making it that way on the PC, so maybe I do need to put more space between things, but as we all know it's hard to do on the smaller islands.

I'm not super tech savvy, but I would LOVE to hook my PC up to my big screen.

Most TV nowadays have some kind of connector. Maybe you could find it on the user's guide or asking on some local tech store for an adapter.

I don't have any serious problems on PS4, but I never overcrowd my parks either. I've always preferred playing games with a controller, rather than on a keyboard. I sit almost my entire workday on a PC, so when I get home I hate being on a PC/Mac again. Plus I don't want the lag from screensharing to my TV. I would've never played if it was PC only.

Xbox One controllers work fine on the PC, they are pretty much plug and play. No setup required. Also you can hook a PC up to a TV and play from a couch. Just get the Xbox One wireless adapter for your PC.

Xbox One controllers work fine on the PC, they are pretty much plug and play. No setup required. Also you can hook a PC up to a TV and play from a couch. Just get the Xbox One wireless adapter for your PC.

Nah, I hate Xbox controllers. I'm on PS. And I think most PC to TV streaming is laggy, unless you connect with HDMI... I got rid of my Apple TV because it was so laggy. Couldn't stream anything. Not even my desktop without lag...

Oh yeah, I don't use a keyboard to play the game on PC, I use my PS4 controller. It would be too annoying to use a keyboard

I know, my PS4 literally just crashed because it overheated while I was in capture mode. I'm fuming. It should've been PC exclusive like planet zoo. This really isn't acceptable standard for a game of this price. It's a joke. Every time they update it I get really excited and then remember the game hardly works. It's so infuriating.

Sounds like a ps4 issue. They've even had troubles getting their updates up on the ps4 in the past. My Xbox has never had any issues with jwe or any other game.

I've heard the more hard drive space you have the faster a computer or console runs. Idk if that's actually true or not. But maybe ppl that experience lag have a maxed out hard drive. I put a 1 trb external hard drive on my xbox so I've always had more hard drive space on my console then my pc which started with 650 gb i think.

I didn't know this, but you can start the PS4 in safe mode (completely power off console, then when turning it back on hold the power down for roughly 7 seconds).Once in safe mode, you can select an option called 'Rebuild Database' which basically cleans up the hard drive. Guess what? It worked! I'm on Tacano again in the dense area I have and there is virtually no lag! So happy!

Top Bottom