News Console Players SRV Surface Crash Fix

Greetings Commanders,

Just a quick note to let you know that we’ve been working on a fix for a widely-reported issue where the game would crash if multiple Commanders playing on either PS4 or Xbox One were on a planet surface in their SRV. We’re pleased to let you know that the fix will be included as part of the Beyond – Chapter Four update.

This fix will stop the crash, but we will be keeping an eye on the issue, and will be looking to improve performance of SRVs while on surfaces in the future.

Thanks for your patience, and feedback. Your crash and bug reports were absolutely essential in getting this fixed.

Ed

Greetings Commanders,

Just a quick note to let you know that we’ve been working on a fix for a widely-reported issue where the game would crash if multiple Commanders playing on either PS4 or Xbox One were on a planet surface in their SRV. We’re pleased to let you know that the fix will be included as part of the Beyond – Chapter Four update.

This fix will stop the crash, but we will be keeping an eye on the issue, and will be looking to improve performance of SRVs while on surfaces in the future.

Thanks for your patience, and feedback. Your crash and bug reports were absolutely essential in getting this fixed.

Ed

Thank you Ed and the team!!
This is particularly important with DW2 on the *cough* 'Horizon'!

SRV Party time!!! \o/

Excellent news, thank you!
For a year now, the commanders on consoles (PS4 mostly) couldn't have that multiplayer experience on the surface.

I'm sharing the news to these communities.
We'll keep on raising feedback and bugs whenever needed.

Thanks for communicating on that matter! :)

Christmas so early :D

Happy for console players! Sure that was annoying bug for everyone and we all be happy to see backside of it. Hopefully real world testing will confirm this with flying thruster colours.

Last edited:

Deleted member 110222

D
Thank you. For some time now I was starting to get the impression that Xbox & PS4 was being given the Mac treatment.

Pfft… consoles, who cares what happens to them? they will never catch up to the superior might of the PC!!!! :D :D

{Sigh}….. I miss HALO..... :(

Yup ED is doomed on console.........

It took some time but good to see this fix is included in the update next Tuesday, you'll be making a lot of commanders happy with this.
Well done Fdev!

verminstar

Banned
Salvation at the eleventh hour just when all hope seemed lost. Suppose I should say thanks but then I remember it took over a year to get here...so Ill just nod and stop making noise about it. Gonna have to see it working before I break out the bunting and street parties though...4 years here has meant Im highly skeptical but fer now they have the benefit of the doubt and my silence on the matter.

Still not happy but at least Im not unhappy...a lifeline has been thrown but still in the water as it were ^

Top Bottom