Constructive criticism regarding the male T. Rex

I feel like the "1997A" T. Rex skin is too brightly colored. I also think the reason for this could be a common, overexposed, image of the reference maquette. Furthermore, it sorta bothers me that the male head wasn't remodeled like the film version was.

P.S. Please forgive me for posting so much, I just have a lot to say.

Attachments

• ZomboMeme 01062021203226.jpg
    ZomboMeme 01062021203226.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 318
  • ZomboMeme 01062021210154.jpg
    ZomboMeme 01062021210154.jpg
    431.5 KB · Views: 366
  • FB_IMG_1622672447976.jpg
    FB_IMG_1622672447976.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 416
Keep in mind that the animals in Jurassic World are engineered female, unless noted otherwise. I like to think that Dr. Wu perfected his formula from Jurassic Park and was able to fully control the sex of the dinosaurs.
True, I think the T-Rex is the only one that has gender differentiation? I can definitely see it with the buck T-Rex from The Lost World what Does the Buck T-Rex look more Bulky on the skull. I'm just going by the Lost World Canon my friend.🙂

Last edited:
There's also the Nasutoceratops from Battle at Big Rock, but I think those are the only ones.
Oh man how could I forget that one boy the Nasutoceratops male I totally forgot so only T-Rex and nasutoceratops are the only two species with differentiation oops😂. Thx Jens for the reminder my friend

True, but we know that since TLW male dinosaurs are clearly present in the franchise. And it would be much better if the game introduced that. Breeding mechanics are highly requested. We might think that the gameplay would be more challenging, because controlling the social needs of dinosaurs would be an additional challenge and would make the game less monotonous. And if the social needs are good, you could sell the remaining dinosaurs generating an additional profit for the park

True, but we know that since TLW male dinosaurs are clearly present in the franchise. And it would be much better if the game introduced that. Breeding mechanics are highly requested. We might think that the gameplay would be more challenging, because controlling the social needs of dinosaurs would be an additional challenge and would make the game less monotonous. And if the social needs are good, you could sell the remaining dinosaurs generating an additional profit for the park
That's true but I think he means that because they're going by the cannon now I think that's why they can't always put all species to have gender differentiation remember this is universal product and Frontier is only the one who makes it not the one who owns it. Breeding dinosaurs should be considered but I don't know until they show the gender differentiation in Camp Cretaceous or any other Jurassic Park content I don't know when we'll see that. For now we'll have to settle with Dinosaurs looking the same but still having babies either asexually or using the frog DNA to change sex

That's true but I think he means that because they're going by the cannon now I think that's why they can't always put all species to have gender differentiation remember this is universal product and Frontier is only the one who makes it not the one who owns it. Breeding dinosaurs should be considered but I don't know until they show the gender differentiation in Camp Cretaceous or any other Jurassic Park content I don't know when we'll see that. For now we'll have to settle with Dinosaurs looking the same but still having babies either asexually or using the frog DNA to change sex
True friend, I get it, but I really hope they can add male dinosaurs in the game one day! It really has the issue of Universal Studios intervention, but I hope this can truly be considered one day

Keep in mind that the animals in Jurassic World are engineered female, unless noted otherwise. I like to think that Dr. Wu perfected his formula from Jurassic Park and was able to fully control the sex of the dinosaurs.
According to Colin Trevorrow, there was controlled breeding at Jurassic World.

Attachments

• main-qimg-d2bb10c097415ace7ab8c37d2c7ecc72.jpeg
    main-qimg-d2bb10c097415ace7ab8c37d2c7ecc72.jpeg
    32.3 KB · Views: 79

I think breeding as a mechanic has been requested since JPOG's time, it's kind of crazy to think how long this feature has been requested in a Jurassic Park sim. Anyway, I think if Frontier does give us breeding we are going to start off with few if any distinctions between the sexes initially. I am basing this solely on the amount of work it would take, even in my own proposal I was highly skeptical about them even doing juveniles. Every single dinosaur they add instantly multiplies the amount of work as you need and juvenile forms, and then sexual differentiation, can't imagine their artists would be all to happy to hear their workload increased that much.

However, 100% hit the nail on the head with gameplay. Social needs aren't fun, the current comfort needs in general really aren't either. I just want to move on from the base level stuff to more in-depth gameplay. The potential is there and its peaked a couple of times throughout JWE, I found a really neat way to use the flares and the small functions of the Jeep in a mission proposal.
True friend, I get it, but I really hope they can add male dinosaurs in the game one day! It really has the issue of Universal Studios intervention, but I hope this can truly be considered one day

Can't blame Frontier too much for it either, Universal has a reputation for being difficult to work with for game developers which is why I imagine so few partner up for tie in games anymore. Still, Jurassic World Alive and The Game are good examples that maybe Universal is willing to allow some more creative freedom.

Given the time and reasonable limitations, I think Frontier could really make something incredible in a sequel. The delay of Dominion might have been a blessing in disguise if Frontier is indeed working on a sequel. Universal doesn't seem to appreciate the time it takes for game development, so a lot of products don't come out in their prime shape.

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Don't forget the TLW and JP3 Velociraptors.
I had forgotten about them! Another example of unauthorized breeding in the time before JWE. In JWE there isn't unauthorized breeding, at least.
According to Colin Trevorrow, there was controlled breeding at Jurassic World.
That explains the male Nasutoceratops from Battle at Big Rock!

Top Bottom