COMPLETED CG Contribute to Orion University Knowledge Drive (Data)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
Summary
System: HIP 43670
Station: Shaara Gateway (Orbis Starport, large pads available, 371 Ls from main star, 135.13 Ly from Sol)
Objective: Deliver Anomalous Bulk Scan Data, Unusual Encrypted Files and Unidentified Scan Archives
Time limit: 25th November 3307 @ 06:00 UTC

Description
The HIP 43670 system is hosting two competing delivery initiatives, each of which aims to benefit the Scriveners Clan.
Orion University has partnered with Independent HIP 43670 Labour, which is requesting deliveries of anomalous bulk scan data, unusual encrypted files and unidentified scan archives to Shaara Gateway in HIP 43670.
The university’s campaign was explained by Vice Chancellor Leland Pettigrew:
Although Dredger J-403 is legally our property, what we value most is the Scriveners Clan’s dedication to deep-space research. To convince them of our noble intentions, we are donating scientific data and samples to their Knowledge Core. Our proposal is that they permit us to accompany them on their journey and share in any future discoveries.
Although there remains no response from the Scriveners Clan, the dredger is now actively monitoring all local and interstellar transmissions. This is a new development for the isolated community, and suggests they are aware of these competing efforts.
The first campaign to reach its maximum tier will successfully make its case. If neither campaign reaches the maximum tier, then the one with the highest proportional tier completion will be considered victorious.
The dual initiatives begin on the 18th of November 3307 and will run for one week. Should the campaign to support Orion University reach the maximum tier it will end immediately.
To earn rewards you must sign up as an active participant before delivering Anomalous Bulk Scan Data, Unusual Encrypted Files and Unidentified Scan Archives to Shaara Gateway in the HIP 43670 system.
Be aware that faction-state changes and other disruptive events can negatively impact markets and station services, and could prevent the initiative from running smoothly.
Notes:
  • Competing with Sciveners Clan CG - only one winner
  • Data is contributed (donated) via the Science & Research contact in the Station Services
  • Shaara Gateway is orbiting planet A 6
  • Station services: Commodities Market, Black Market, Shipyard, Outfitting, Repair, Restock, Refuel, Fleet Carrier Admin, Social Space
Latest status
Last updated: 23 November 11:00 UTC-passed Tier 3

Current Progress:
Current Participation Rewards:
Global Progress: 15,563,364 "tonnes" delivered (Tier 5 target: 48M "tonnes")
Contributors: 1,373
Reward Tier: 3/5
Global Reward:
None listed
Top 10 CMDRs: 192,000,000 CR
Top 10%: 120,000,000 CR
Top 25%: 72,000,000 CR
Top 50%: 48,000,000 CR
Top 75%: 24,000,000 CR
Top 100%: 2,400,000 CR

CG threshold tracking
Inara (https://inara.cz/galaxy-communitygoals/) tracks overall progress, your contributions and estimates tier boundaries.

Journal data (used to track progress) can be submitted via various third party tools or by direct journal imports on Inara. For more details see https://inara.cz/inara-api/.

New &/or have questions about the Community Goals? Check out the Community Goal Guide ... click here

Last edited:
You do realise this data CG is bound to win...

Jameson Cobra

Farm G5 Adaptive Encryptor Captures (whatever its called)

Trade 3 a piece at CG Station for 243 a pop.

Hand in data

Rinse Repeat... Rinse Repeat...

@Zac Cocken You do know that barely anyone will contribute to the "Trade" side of this CG thanks to limitations on cargo availability, as well as travel time for said cargo and to the target station right??

Data CG is literally a stone throw from the star....

So after keeping the dredger trapped to stop it moving and attempts to break in that have failed, we are supposed to believe Orion have "noble intentions" and now they simply want to travel with the Clan in a caring sharing journey of discovery. Putting people of their own on the dredger is completely innocent and they won't try to sabotage it, kill the crew or take over or anything like that, honest.

Meanwhile keep their ship trapped in case they don't "comply."

Colour me unconvinced about their "noble intentions."

lol....
45 mins of trading 3 G5 data a piece for 243 G1 data... 9000 data handed in.

top 10 Commanders
Data CG is winning due to accessibility and how damn easy it is to fulfill the requirements

Please keep in mind that you need to start ED in Horizon Mode to get the Objects to scan at Jamesons Cobra. In EDO the scannable Datapoints are gone. I handed in 10.000 Datas in half an hour (without scanning).

We're one day in and there's no clear winner yet - both CGs are at 5%. It's shaping up to be one of the most competitive CGs ever, like the Ackwada megaship escape.

We're one day in and there's no clear winner yet - both CGs are at 5%. It's shaping up to be one of the most competitive CGs ever, like the Ackwada megaship escape.
Yes, but meanwhile the conditions were altered, someone cheated the supply for the other CG... very unpleasant. But we hit Tier 1 first!

Payment seems to be in line with THAT double data CG, before tier adjustments brought it to a truly legendary level.

Question is, do we want to do it again? Personally, I do not, and I will not participate. I don't need any money (21 billion here), and I still have a mild PTSD from all that relogging.

One CMDR told me, that one can actually get into the TOP10% with only two runs to Jamesons Cobra... :eek:
I'm sure the two runs involve filling up your data storage by spending an extended time relogging. Over. And. Over. And. Over. Again. Then you have to trade the data down until the type is full, hand it it and repeat that for an extended time. "Two runs" is quite the euphemism.

I'm sure the two runs involve filling up your data storage by spending an extended time relogging. Over. And. Over. And. Over. Again. Then you have to trade the data down until the type is full, hand it it and repeat that for an extended time. "Two runs" is quite the euphemism.
I don't know exactly what you mean, but yes, 2 runs (meanwhile 3) of what you described.

It's true that "two runs" of data collection using this method is more tedious than two runs of cargo hauling (assuming you aren't hauling to Hutton Orbital). The difference is that each data run will get you around 12000 units - in other words, over 15 times more than a single cargo run.

If you learn the right positioning for the data collection, and are able to get into a rhythm on the data hand-in (I'm assuming there's a suitable materials trader at the hand-in station?), there is simply no comparison between the two sides of this CG. The only reason Orion isn't running away with it is that most people (myself included) see them as the bad guys in this one.

So it only show, that sometimes we really need assymetric CGs.
More than 24h and we still aren't sure, who will win, meanhwile in crushing majority of CGs we know, who will win after first hours :)
Symetrical CG with this whole "orion bad" bias would be pointless.

It's true that "two runs" of data collection using this method is more tedious than two runs of cargo hauling (assuming you aren't hauling to Hutton Orbital). The difference is that each data run will get you around 12000 units - in other words, over 15 times more than a single cargo run.

If you learn the right positioning for the data collection, and are able to get into a rhythm on the data hand-in (I'm assuming there's a suitable materials trader at the hand-in station?), there is simply no comparison between the two sides of this CG. The only reason Orion isn't running away with it is that most people (myself included) see them as the bad guys in this one.
Yes, there is an encoded material trader at the station - it would have been pretty funny in a salt-heavy way if there wasn't. Nevertheless, talking about this in terms of "runs" is nonsensical. Talk to me about units per hour. The data side only requires 50% more units delivered than the cargo side. Given that the two sides are fairly evenly matched so far, it just doesn't seem likely that data is actually orders of magnitude faster to collect.

Yes, there is an encoded material trader at the station - it would have been pretty funny in a salt-heavy way if there wasn't. Nevertheless, talking about this in terms of "runs" is nonsensical. Talk to me about units per hour. The data side only requires 50% more units delivered than the cargo side. Given that the two sides are fairly evenly matched so far, it just doesn't seem likely that data is actually orders of magnitude faster to collect.
You can hand in more or less 10.000 Scans per hour.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom