COMPLETED CG Contribute to Orion University Knowledge Drive (Data)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Why would Orion? Makes no more sense.
So, a moral decision born of emergent gameplay(tm) of dropping cargo into dredger maw by Canonn people.
Good thing it will win, which is clearly seen at this point.

Setting the morals aside,
Scriveners, being a closed society that do not want any interferences, will have absolutely no reason to share anything.
They didnt offered any information to the OU in exchange for their mobility/freedom. They'd rather die on the spot.

OU, they're an University - they're functioning around the concept of teaching and sharing knowledge - although that may not mean that much when it comes about Data held by Scriveners, but at least they wont disappear in the Void. That Data will get stored on OU cores with the possibility of it being shared sooner or later.

🤷‍♂️

Why anyone would assume the Scriveners will share anything?
Makes little sense.
Keep in mind another dredger clan (Blue Viper) did share knowledge for making the onionhead gamma strain.

This dredger clan (Scriveners) was the one that found and salvaged anything of value the Hesperus possibly had, which makes a link to the Azimuth saga bigger arc. Though I doubt the outcome of this CG would stop it either way.

Last edited:
I get it, this event is tied to thanksgiving day... so there might be a couple of smallpox blankets mixed among generous donations =)

And another dredger clan (Phagos) is consist of cannibals (GalNet). OK, its a rumour, but then similar to the Scriveners knowledge share rumour.

And another dredger clan (Phagos) is consist of cannibals (GalNet). OK, its a rumour, but then similar to the Scriveners knowledge share rumour.
Scrivengers recycle their dead for sure, they have no way to replenish biomass otherwise. So recent "8% decline in population" just means more printed turkey paste!

Scrivengers recycle their dead for sure, they have no way to replenish biomass otherwise. So recent "8% decline in population" just means more printed turkey paste!
Yes, its similar to one of the Aisling's exploited systems speciality: Burnham Bile Distillate (see official description of the rare commodity, tasty).

Doesn't matter to me either way to me, as I'm about to knock one of the top 10 off data today, I just keep going full throttle for the shared info rather than them just taking the goods and disappearing.
o7 CMDR's!

Why anyone would assume the Scriveners will share anything?
Makes little sense.
Nobody is assuming that they'll share anything - interesting that that's the motivation you attribute to helping them, though...

Orion has never so much as hinted that they intend to share anything, but that hasn't stopped their supporters from assuming that they will - also interesting that that's the motivation that drives those players, eh?

Perhaps this CG is just a psychological experiment on the Elite player base...

Nobody is assuming that they'll share anything
Me neither

interesting that that's the motivation you attribute to helping them, though...
Interesting, but i'm not assuming that either.

I was just pointing out that between a closed society that refuses any interactions and an university, the latter will provide a better prospect in regards to sharing data.

But the way the story evolved, FD made sure that, no matter the CG results, the story can go either way.

To make things even more clear, i preferred to stay out of this CG simply because none of the sides managed to get my sympathy - although i rooted a bit for the Scriveners - it wasnt enough to motivate me to help their cause.

Edit:
Perhaps this CG is just a psychological experiment on the Elite player base...

Well, i do think that any CG in the last year (part of the multifaceted current story arc) had the exact outcome FD wanted to have
They're the puppeteers :)

Last edited:
Me neither

Interesting, but i'm not assuming that either.

I was just pointing out that between a closed society that refuses any interactions and an university, the latter will provide a better prospect in regards to sharing data.

But the way the story evolved, FD made sure that, no matter the CG results, the story can go either way.

To make things even more clear, i preferred to stay out of this CG simply because none of the sides managed to get my sympathy - although i rooted a bit for the Scriveners - it wasnt enough to motivate me to help their cause.

Edit:

Well, i do think that any CG in the last year (part of the multifaceted current story arc) had the exact outcome FD wanted to have
They're the puppeteers :)
All I'm saying is, the data doesn't matter - the Scriveners are an entire civilization, and Orion is just casually threatening their extinction... for data...

"What's in it for me?" is entirely the wrong question to ask, in this scenario.

WAIT A MINUTE, 48M target for Data, 32M target for Trade?
2/3 of the data target for trade - surely this is a bit weighted in favour of trade?
Is it just that FDEV wanted (assured) Trade CG to win? (oh, must be an open story line, NOT!)

If you go by contributions, data wins by 15M to 13M on Inara - or is Inara useless?

WAIT A MINUTE, 48M target for Data, 32M target for Trade?
2/3 of the data target for trade - surely this is a bit weighted in favour of trade?
Is it just that FDEV wanted (assured) Trade CG to win? (oh, must be an open story line, NOT!)

If you go by contributions, data wins by 15M to 13M on Inara - or is Inara useless?
1637792822191.png

edit: ninja'd 😆

Quite the contrary, I think this has been one of the most balanced CGs I have seen so far, considering that it was apples vs oranges, they worked out the quantities quite well, considering the gathering time, transportation and unloading.
In the end, only the "moral" choice is determining the winning side but, at the beginning they were toe to toe, and it was quite engaging, in fact.

Not biased, there was maths behind it. (or a fantastic stroke of luck!)

surely this is a bit weighted in favour of trade?
They're two different CG types, the raw amounts required for a fair fight aren't going to match at all - it's just coincidence that they're as close as they are.

For a more extreme example ... the record delivery in a mining CG is 3 million tonnes, with around 500,000 tonnes being more common.
Meanwhile, the record score in a bounty CG is 725 billion credits, with the larger individual bounties being worth a million each.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom