Controllable First person mode, sky tram rides, marine life dlc and dinosaur dlc!

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Like others before me have said in this thread; a Dinosaur DLC is unlikely to happen for Planet Zoo.

Frontier Developments has expressed in the past that they have no intention to develop content that will cross one of their other games. For example: no dinosaur / Jurassic DLC for Planet Coaster, no coasters for JWE.

I don’t see a reason to have dinosaurs, just keep updating JWE. Planet zoo is about real animals, and many people want to keep it that way. I personally would not like Dinosaurs to ever come into Planet zoo. It’s a separate game, and there no need for it.

I've seen people present the argument that players who wants dinosaurs in Planet Zoo should just go to Jurassic World Evolution because that game already has them, but the problem is that while I love JWE, it's a game that is based on the Jurassic Park franchise and that means it isn't allowed to divert from the staples of that franchise. JWE players are never going to see feathered raptors, baby dinosaurs, shelters or enrichment tools. Jurassic Park is about creating a park and trying to contain the animals inside. That is the core of the franchise and the core of JWE's gameplay. I mean, the game encourages you to take missions where you have to create dinosaurs and have them fight to the death and in the DLC, you straight-up have to commit animal abuse to advance including by creating animals for the sole purpose of having predators kill them. They don't even have shelters to shield them from rains or storms. There's a world of difference between what Planet Zoo wants to be about and what Jurassic World Evolution is about.

That's why it would be so wonderful to see a game where the dinosaurs are treated like any other animal in a zoo would be: with dignity, respect and care. They'd would be used to educate people and to further what we know about their behavior. They would have toys to stimulate their minds and shelters to shield them from the rain.

I don't want a tyrannosaurus rex in Planet Zoo so I can unleash it on the guests or watch it devour a helpless giraffe. I want a tyrannosaurus rex in Planet Zoo so I can watch a tyrannosaurus rex play with a tractor tire or play with its young.

Furthermore, Zoo Planet's emphasis on education would go great hand-in-hand with a dinosaur expansion pack because there are plenty of misconceptions about dinosaurs. For example, the tyrannosaurus rex could not roar in real life and velociraptors were not human-sized theropods, but were in fact quite small ones. There's also more than a few paleontologists who study the behavior of dinosaurs based on their remains and environment. They are also usually happy to talk about their work, especially if it's to help correct misunderstandings and broaden the public knowledge on dinosaurs.

I think the best way of doing dinosaurs in Planet Zoo would be to leave them and other extinct animals to any expansion pack. That way, it'd be left up to the individual player to decide what degree of realism they want in their game. I have no doubt that a dinosaur expansion pack would make its budget home and then some.

Like others before me have said in this thread; a Dinosaur DLC is unlikely to happen for Planet Zoo.

Frontier Developments has expressed in the past that they have no intention to develop content that will cross one of their other games. For example: no dinosaur / Jurassic DLC for Planet Coaster, no coasters for JWE.

Wouldn't that only apply until the development cycle for Jurassic World Evolution has ended?

I like all of your suggested ideas except for the dino DLC thing, dinos are simply not belong to a universe of a realistic (or atleast semi realistic) zoo where you are supposed to only have modern animals in it, so having dinos in PZ would just be out of place and weird IMO.

I've seen people present the argument that players who wants dinosaurs in Planet Zoo should just go to Jurassic World Evolution because that game already has them, but the problem is that while I love JWE, it's a game that is based on the Jurassic Park franchise and that means it isn't allowed to divert from the staples of that franchise. JWE players are never going to see feathered raptors, baby dinosaurs, shelters or enrichment tools. Jurassic Park is about creating a park and trying to contain the animals inside. That is the core of the franchise and the core of JWE's gameplay. I mean, the game encourages you to take missions where you have to create dinosaurs and have them fight to the death and in the DLC, you straight-up have to commit animal abuse to advance including by creating animals for the sole purpose of having predators kill them. They don't even have shelters to shield them from rains or storms. There's a world of difference between what Planet Zoo wants to be about and what Jurassic World Evolution is about.

That's why it would be so wonderful to see a game where the dinosaurs are treated like any other animal in a zoo would be: with dignity, respect and care. They'd would be used to educate people and to further what we know about their behavior. They would have toys to stimulate their minds and shelters to shield them from the rain.

I don't want a tyrannosaurus rex in Planet Zoo so I can unleash it on the guests or watch it devour a helpless giraffe. I want a tyrannosaurus rex in Planet Zoo so I can watch a tyrannosaurus rex play with a tractor tire or play with its young.

Furthermore, Zoo Planet's emphasis on education would go great hand-in-hand with a dinosaur expansion pack because there are plenty of misconceptions about dinosaurs. For example, the tyrannosaurus rex could not roar in real life and velociraptors were not human-sized theropods, but were in fact quite small ones. There's also more than a few paleontologists who study the behavior of dinosaurs based on their remains and environment. They are also usually happy to talk about their work, especially if it's to help correct misunderstandings and broaden the public knowledge on dinosaurs.

I think the best way of doing dinosaurs in Planet Zoo would be to leave them and other extinct animals to any expansion pack. That way, it'd be left up to the individual player to decide what degree of realism they want in their game. I have no doubt that a dinosaur expansion pack would make its budget home and then some.

Well, then they can just update and work JWE. Plus, dinosaur games are SUPER popular, you can google “dinosaur games” and literally be met with 50+ recent games. Who’s to say a better Dino game isn’t already in the works by another developer?

Look, I play JWE too, and yeah it has its issues, but dragging that over to planet zoo isn’t realistic. The game is about animal conservation and education, and dream as people may, t-Rex is not coming back any time soon... in fact it just won’t... so really IMHO there’s no need to try and educate people in a zoo game about dinosaurs when REAL LIFE animals need our help

Sure, Dino and extinct animal information and education is important, but not in planet zoo

Yes, I want to have the FP Mode as well. The animals look so good, I'd like to look at them from the perspective of a human being. I would like to feed the animals in the petting zoo in FP.

Top Bottom