Controlling faction on second place?

Hi,
I managed to move my faction into 1st place in the system, however another faction from 2nd place is the controlling one... What should I do, to make the faction from the first place controlling one?

Hi,
I managed to move my faction into 1st place in the system, however another faction from 2nd place is the controlling one... What should I do, to make the faction from the first place controlling one?

Just because you are top in influence doesnt mean you will automatically take control. You have to go into a war or election when they are at = Influence Then whoever wins will take one station or outpost and rinse repeat until complete control. For both wars and Elections you have to do as Hadrian said.

Just because you are top in influence doesnt mean you will automatically take control. You have to go into a war or election when they are at = Influence Then whoever wins will take one station or outpost and rinse repeat until complete control. For both wars and Elections you have to do as Hadrian said.

This one.

We have and we are testing it. 61.5% v 10.5% and war triggered. Now testing the mechanics to see if the old style coup victory will work or whether we still have to fight as per the new mechanics.

It would be a shame if they were the same (coup v equal inf triggered war), and quite an irritant too. It would make inf levels redundant and pointless- the only time you'd need to worry is being equal to trigger a war, high enough to expand or too low and retreat.

So how to trigger a war (civil war) now, when I am 10% above other faction? Any new mission will be more and more difference. Should I do missions for a opposite one, to have equal %?

Last edited:
So how to trigger a war (civil war) now, when I am 10% above other faction? Any new mission will be more and more difference. Should I do missions for a opposite one, to have equal %?

You would need to bring the 2nd place faction up to your level by either dropping data, doing missions etc.

Last edited:

You have 2 options:
1 - Work for the other faction until they equalise % with you which will trigger the conflict you need to win system
2 - Press on increasing the inf of your own faction and when you reach 60% this will trigger a coup which will trigger the conflict you need to win system

Our Coup War test is still going, but we did have to counter someone who supported us in the war in order to keep the war neutral. Counting the days to war end so we can see if ther coup mechanics still enable a win or if the pew pew is needed even in a coup war.

OK and this is an official finding. We have tested Coup War mechanics and allowed a Draw. The Coup War was triggered when we were at 61.5% and the controlling minor faction was at 10.5%. The fighting stopped as a Draw and we did NOT win the system as per the old Coup War mechanics, proving we must fight to win, regardless of influence levels. After the War ended, our influence stands at 59% (2.5% down) v 12% (1.5% up).

Top Bottom