Powerplay Faction: Li Yong-Rui Convince me to Join Li Yong-Rui

I started a thread in the main Powerplay section asking for players to explain to me how Powerplay works and if I should join it at this point in the game or not. In terms of powers, I'm currently heavily leaning towards Li Yong-Rui as I like Sirius Corp (mostly because they're technology based), the packhound missile launcher sounds interesting and the emphasis on trading and exploration activities is a nice distinguishing feature compared to other more military-based factions. For players who have been pledged to Li Yong-Rui, explain to me why it's a good faction to pledge to. I don't really understand how Powerplay works at this point but generally speaking, why join this power instead of another power with (arguably) better bonuses? Is it viable to earn enough merits to reach Rank 3 with trading missions only or would I really need to do a lot of combat-based missions? Are there any particularly interesting mechanics/systems/expansions that relate to Li Yong-Rui at the moment?

You really want to be convinced, do you? :D

I believe Sirius Corp will always try to convince you with a lot of $$$ first!

Ok, now its time for the siriuis answers to roll in...

Last edited:
You really want to be convinced, do you? :D

I believe Sirius Corp will always try to convince you with a lot of $$$ first!

Ok, now its time for the siriuis answers to roll in...

As it turns out I actually managed to convince myself and I pledged yesterday. :) I've enjoyed the Li Yong-Rui ship discounts and wanted to make a contribution to maintaining this in some way (all my ships except the Imperial ships were purchased at a discount since he doesn't control any Imperial systems). The packhound missile launchers also look interesting as I use a seeker missiles on many of my ships so I will probably find that useful as well. My main issue is whether I will be annoyed by all the interdictions (even though I doubt they will be a serious threat in my heavily-armed Python) and whether I can progress to Rank 3 within a month mostly by trading without needing to blow up other ships.

As it turns out I actually managed to convince myself and I pledged yesterday. :) I've enjoyed the Li Yong-Rui ship discounts and wanted to make a contribution to maintaining this in some way (all my ships except the Imperial ships were purchased at a discount since he doesn't control any Imperial systems). The packhound missile launchers also look interesting as I use a seeker missiles on many of my ships so I will probably find that useful as well. My main issue is whether I will be annoyed by all the interdictions (even though I doubt they will be a serious threat in my heavily-armed Python) and whether I can progress to Rank 3 within a month mostly by trading without needing to blow up other ships.

I don't know if they are "Imperial Systems" but they sell Imperial ships with Li's discounts:
Harm\Gentil Hub - Imperial Cutter 15% off
Gunapa\Haber Orbital - Imperial Clipper 15% off

One or both of those has the Courier for 15% off as well.

I don't know if they are "Imperial Systems" but they sell Imperial ships with Li's discounts:
Harm\Gentil Hub - Imperial Cutter 15% off
Gunapa\Haber Orbital - Imperial Clipper 15% off

One or both of those has the Courier for 15% off as well.

Interesting, I had searched for systems like these but couldn't find any when I purchased my Courier and Clipper. The price difference is actually quite substantial because not only does it apply to the base hull cost but also to the military alloys since I can't just get those at other Li Yong-Rui systems that don't have these ship models for sale. The difference for the Courier is fairly small but it is around 6 million difference for the 15% discount on the hull and alloys for the Clipper. At the moment both my Courier and Clipper are heavily modified and it will be quite the hassle to rebuy cheaper "discount" versions and transfer all the modified modules due to the risk of losing a module with the buy back option. If we eventually get module storage I could probably do this fairly efficiently so I won't be "stuck" with the more expensive versions but at this point the buy back method for swapping modules is the only option.

Last edited:
I went to Gunapa and swapped the mods on my Clipper to a "discount" hull and saved around 4 million in the process plus reduced my rebuy as well. Strangely enough neither Gunapa or Harm were selling the Courier but I finally found it in Yen Nu at Hermite Port. Didn't save as much swapping out to a discount Courier hull but the rebuy did go down slightly which was nice. I usually try to run my ships as "lean" as possible with the lowest possible rebuy so it was quite helpful finding those Yong-Rui controlled Imperial systems to get the discounts.

Top Bottom