Ships Coriolis maximum jump range reports

I'm just coming back to the game after a couple of years, was a beta backer, now waiting for a joystick to arrive next week, and I can't wait to get into mining and save up for a fleet carrier so I can do more mining and scouting for potential mining sites. This was one of the things I wanted to do the most in this game from the start, but for a long time mining was very low paid. I've got up to speed with the changes there but:

What has happened to jump ranges now?

Coriolis is reporting higher than usual maximum jump ranges than I was used to with some of the builds I've been tinkering with. I'm stuck at Meene in my Asp and no joystick so can't get back to Shinrarta to check over my other ships but my Asp has a 50ly range which used to be pretty fair. Doesn't seem so good now, even the Corvette mining build I was playing with on Coriolis is reporting 80 odd light year jump range.

What's changed here?

I'm just coming back to the game after a couple of years, was a beta backer, now waiting for a joystick to arrive next week, and I can't wait to get into mining and save up for a fleet carrier so I can do more mining and scouting for potential mining sites. This was one of the things I wanted to do the most in this game from the start, but for a long time mining was very low paid. I've got up to speed with the changes there but:

What has happened to jump ranges now?

Coriolis is reporting higher than usual maximum jump ranges than I was used to with some of the builds I've been tinkering with. I'm stuck at Meene in my Asp and no joystick so can't get back to Shinrarta to check over my other ships but my Asp has a 50ly range which used to be pretty fair. Doesn't seem so good now, even the Corvette mining build I was playing with on Coriolis is reporting 80 odd light year jump range.

What's changed here?
There isn't a 80ly vette, especially not in mining fit.
Maybe you confuse max range (per jump) with total range (jumprange until tank is empty)!?

As your Asp already has 50Ly you engineered it, so that isn't new to you.
What maybe is new is the guardian FSD booster, an optional module which in its biggest size adds a solid 10.5 ly to your jump range :)

Last edited:
There isn't a 80ly vette, especially not in mining fit.
Maybe you confuse max range (per jump) with total range (jumprange until tank is empty)!?

As your Asp already has 50Ly you engineered it, so that isn't new to you.
What maybe is new is the guardian FSD booster, an optional module which in its biggest size adds a solid 10.5 ly to your jump range :)

No I was mis-reading the data. I think Coriolis is referring to total jump range on a single tank of fuel. I think that's what's changed on the site. Sure it didn't show that metric a few years ago. Please ignore my stupid.

Top Bottom