Could anyone recommend a 'free' tool for recording the Headset view ( not the monitor display )?

Hi,

I've been having a play again with putting WMR displays into ED with entertaining results so I'd like to create a video or two. However, I've never recorded anything from the PC in my life much less VR. Specifically, I need to record what I actually see through the headset which is a composite view of ED and WMR apps. WMR windows don't render in the ED monitor window so recording that won't achieve the desired result.

Also, unrelated, has anyone seen WMR speech recognition stop working after the W10 1903 update? ( Which I finally got around to yesterday ). Cortana recognition works perfectly as usual but Windows no longer responds to the WMR speech commands which is a PIA since I was just getting comfortable with complete hands free, e.g. 'Turn around', 'Follow Me', 'Start Dictation', 'Open website' etc. All stopped working after the update and yet the requisite settings 'appear' to be active.

Hi,

I've been having a play again with putting WMR displays into ED with entertaining results so I'd like to create a video or two. However, I've never recorded anything from the PC in my life much less VR. Specifically, I need to record what I actually see through the headset which is a composite view of ED and WMR apps. WMR windows don't render in the ED monitor window so recording that won't achieve the desired result.
In SteamVR top left menu try "Display VR View", does that give you what you're looking for?
You can capture that window using something like OBS.

Thanks for the tip, however it only shows the mirror view rather than my embedded WMR windows. Same with OBS. Strange huh! So I was trying to record me using Edge, my Desktop and watching a film from the bridge of my ship but mirror views don't show any of this. I'm, totally, guessing it's because SteamVR isn't updating fast enough to integrate with WMR feature releases.

The good news is that, in exactly the same way the WMR Start Menu has a 'take photo' button which captures everything; the May W10 release apparently has the 'record video' button to do the same job so I think I just have to wait a bit.

Top Bottom