Could the sauropods be categorized as Large, Medium, and Small?

With the new dinosaur compatibility system, I like the idea of placing in dinosaurs in enclosures with creatures they like or at the very least tolerate. And so far I like the likes and dislikes of the dinosaur.

Except for the Sauropods. I used to mix the sauropods together in JWE1 and I miss the option here. I wanted to make diplodocus and brachiosaurus exhibits, or exhibits with the amargasaurus and Dreadnoughtus, but such combinations would annoy my sauropods, and that makes me sad.

So I wanted to ask if instead of having sauropods categorized as a single class, why not separate them to fit their three distinct sizes?

Large Sauropods: Brachiosaurus, Dreadnoughtus & Mamenchisaurus.

Medium Sauropods: Diplodocus, Apatosaurus & Camarasaurus.

Small Sauropods: Nigersaurus & Amargasaurus.

I could understand why sauropods would not like each other, as they could be competing for the same food source and would need room for their large sizes. That said, some of them are more specialized with their diets where they would occupy different niches, such as the brachiosaurus with the top of trees, and nigersaurus being a low browser. So instead of disliking all other sauropod species, they could instead dislike sauropods they share the same size category with, as their sizes often match similar niches they would otherwise compete in.

As for the other sauropod species they do not dislike, they would be tolerated based on their cohabitation threshold.

Not sure about a medium group. I have to give it more thought to form an opinion, but I definitely agree that the Nigersaurus and Amargasaurus should be reclassified into their own small sauropod group.

Special place in my heart for those small saurpods. Lol

I have to agree. There’s no reasonable argument that Nigersaurus and Brachiosaurus somehow compete for the same resources

Top Bottom