countdown to infestation

look at the progress bar, we aren't making that much progress in this system, that is creepy enough
look it says time till infestation, what is that, is this time till we see star ship trooper type combat.

but why has the counter gone down in a single day, it said 5w yesterday, today it says 4w

1670197683681.png

They vary too.
There are some invaded systems that have an infestation coming in 5W, some in 2W or 3W.
Don't know what the pattern or reasons for the differences are.
I wonder if the weekly time limit is affected by player action or inaction in that system; maybe if players deliver supplies and fight off Thargoids then the invasion week timing will increase again?

That may be it,
that would coincide with the usual Thursday server maintenance.
Probably supposed to be [ Thargoid infestation in 4D ]
No I looked on two consecutive days, Saturday and Sunday. Wasn't over the Thursday tick period.
Not sure why a daily BGS cycle would make the timer drop by 1 week

One possibility (the least bad one, perhaps) is that the time has the week and day numbers printed backwards.

Doesn't explain the ones which started out at 9W 6D, though.

I guess it is a game-bug. If it is not just a display thing, a rather serious to boot. But hey, it was a big update and that FDev can mess up big is not exactly unheard of. I wouldn't be surprised if the galaxy is overrun until Christmas just because of a stupid bug.

Top Bottom