Couple things about galaxy-wide bounties and crime

Hey pirates and murderers,

I have couple questions which I have problem to find answer in Elite Dangerous wiki and many threads on reddit/frontier forum. Forgive me if I missed something. Actually I spend more than hour during hauling and smuggling to search about it on web

1. Does killing other players affect reputation of inor faction/big faction in system where murder was commited?
2. Does special forces like ATR show themselves only in systems where Im wanted? Or they can be spawned anywhere if I have notoriety?
3. If I have galaxy-wide bounty on myself, does that mean Im wanted in every system after someone make basic scan on me or they have to use bounty scanner to see my actual galaxy-wide bounty.
4. I hunted down one guy. I had my reasons(offensive childish language of imperial scum). It was my first murder in Elite. I got only 5400cr galaxy-wide bounty. Why it is so low? Does it scale somehow? If I have bigger notoriety then I will get bigger bounty when killing other cmdr? Is there somewhere a spreadsheet how bounties scale? What are the credit numbers for commiting crimes in specific situations?
5. If someone is wanted in no-fire zone near station, can I kill him(cmdr or npc) without consequences?
6. What changes your notoriety level. Better ATR ships?
7. How hard are NPC bounty hunters which occasionally can interdict you when you have a bounty. DO they scale with the amount of bounty on your head?

Sorry if the questions are obvious.

ps. Of course Im asking for my friend.... I dont need this information for myself :cool:

1. As far as I'm aware only very slightly.
2. Their appearance is connected to your notoriety. As long as your notoriety is zero, no ATR will arrive. If your notoriety is higher it also depends on the security of the system. I use this personally by simply disabling opponents instead of killing them. It's far more frustrating to crawl back to base than to face the rebuy.
3. Galaxy wide bounty are still depending on superpower jurisdiction, so a galaxywide empire bounty is only within empire space relevant.
4. Don't know
5. Yes, but it will still incur a fine.
6. Killing clean ships (+) and playtime (-)
7. Unfortunately laughably easy

4. I hunted down one guy. I had my reasons(offensive childish language of imperial scum). It was my first murder in Elite. I got only 5400cr galaxy-wide bounty. Why it is so low? Does it scale somehow? If I have bigger notoriety then I will get bigger bounty when killing other cmdr? Is there somewhere a spreadsheet how bounties scale? What are the credit numbers for commiting crimes in specific situations?

It starts low. The base amount can vary depending on BGS and Powerplay government/ethos. It scales based on your notoriety and the relative power gap between you and your opponent (ship, outfitting, and engineering). The higher your notoriety the higher your bounties. Don't know if anyone has figured these numbers out on a spreadsheet.

As far as I see it there's no silver bullet as far as what kind of ship you want to use for crime. Depends on your personality, what you're doing, and perhaps even what kind of persona you're trying to project. Many of my criminal friends do their shenanigans in cheap ships. I've got one that rolls the biggest, baddest Vette you can and absolutely gives no care to how high the bounty gets. Me? I prefer a pretty standard FDL but tend to be very intentional and focused as to when violence happens.

In any case, glad to see a fellow outlaw Commander! It's a good life.

Top Bottom