CQC CQC need NPCs with AI

o7 Commanders,

I think CQC Needs NPCs with different ships and rank up to elite.
A lot of times I want to do CQC for training m battleskills I find NO other Players.
If other players have the same issue it results in no one trying CQC for a long time.

I think CQC would be pushed if we have:

- Bots/NPCs if no other players are in this mode, or mixed Players and NPCs
- Try different batlle scenarios with own ships to improve fighting skills (without loosing the ship and have to rebuy)
- Get Special decals for reaching higher levels
- Monthly Competitions with rewards
- Ability to test and try even ships you have not yet bought in open

What do you think of this?

See you in the black

Updates?

Has anyone heard any updates related to Bots added to CQC?

o7 Commanders,

I think CQC Needs NPCs with different ships and rank up to elite.
A lot of times I want to do CQC for training m battleskills I find NO other Players.
If other players have the same issue it results in no one trying CQC for a long time.

I think CQC would be pushed if we have:

- Bots/NPCs if no other players are in this mode, or mixed Players and NPCs
- Try different batlle scenarios with own ships to improve fighting skills (without loosing the ship and have to rebuy)
- Get Special decals for reaching higher levels
- Monthly Competitions with rewards
- Ability to test and try even ships you have not yet bought in open

What do you think of this?

See you in the black

I am very, Very surprised that this thread has not been bombarded by die hard CQC players yet... :D

The whole Bot prospect I am on the fence on, to add bots as fill ins would taint the PvP aspect of CQC, whilst on the other hand would allow for a much more smooth matchmaking system.

I say, In order to keep both parties satisfied options are added on the main CQC menu to choose games with Bots or only players. this way people who want bots can happily play with bots, while your more die hard players can remain strictly PvP unhindered. This would result in new servers added, but shouldn't have too much impact on traffic (if released with more incentive such as unique modules, better rewards (Credits, engineer mats) and a weekly global system payout (leaderboards) then I can bet traffic will dramatically increase!)

See? problems are easier to solve when you provide solutions to both sides.... :D

It's the old CQC Catch 22, no one plays it due to it being a barely finished concept and FDev won't bother to improve it due to practically no one bothering with it.

I am very, Very surprised that this thread has not been bombarded by die hard CQC players yet... :D

Probably we are still busy with the previous forum post that suggested how cqc has to be from someone that doesn't play it :D

Please, hold the line!!

yes -- CQC bots would be excellent

I am hoping that adding bot options to CQC/Arena mode is high on the priority list at Frontier. It would really help.

Since the NPC opponents in combat training have some AI, it would seem that some of the ingredients already exist.
It would give CQC a true “arcade” mode, not dependent on the availability of online opponents, and of course a new dimension to online multiplayer as well.

Top Bottom