CQC Skirmish mode

Easily the biggest flaw with CQC at the moment is the queue times. Sure, you can at least do so in game now, but what if you just want to play CQC?

I think a great solution would be a skirmish mode. Basically, it would just be an empty CQC Arena with no points or anyting. Multiple players could be there at the same time, and could shoot at and kill each other, allowing them to remain entertained until enough players accumulate to form a full match, at which point, all of the players in the Skirmish Arena would be transferred into the new game.

Other games like Overwatch have it, why not Elite? Seems like a no-brainer to me.

I think a great solution would be a skirmish mode. Basically, it would just be an empty CQC Arena with no points or anyting. Multiple players could be there at the same time, and could shoot at and kill each other, allowing them to remain entertained until enough players accumulate to form a full match, at which point, all of the players in the Skirmish Arena would be transferred into the new game.
The minimum player count for a deathmatch to start is 2, so this would only have the advantage that you could fly around the arenas on your own until someone else showed up (still more fun than watching the spinning circle, and would let people explore the maps, I'm not objecting to the idea). Better for TDM/CTF perhaps, provided it didn't actually decide on teams until enough people had shown up.

Top Bottom