CQC tournament update

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Done... go ahead and delete my post again like you just did or ban me from the forums I have everything recorded.

Your post was deleted as it was off topic and confrontational. Zac has asked you to contact support with your concerns.

If you feel you have been cheated in some way then by all means contact them.

But, lets stay on topic please?

Thanks.

I'm sorry to break it to you with some bad news but this amateur in-game tournament sketched in a nakpkin in the last couple hours doesn't quite sweep under the carpet the $100.000 prize marketing trick you ran on your community to attract more people into buying your product, nor does it stop me from me from fully pursuing by all means available and necessary compensation for the damages inflicted to me and other players victim to this scam.

If you think news coverage of this event is the my last resort you better think again cause those $100.000 are not going to come cheap to you.

Just because something didn't go as planned, especially in game development, that doesn't make it a scam when said event is postponed.

But more on topic though, I can't wait to see where this is going, I was so excited by the announcement of the tournament and I'll certainly take part in this... just have to find some wing then - I hope my win from GamesCom last year still has some weight in the community ^^

Last edited:
Your post was deleted as it was off topic and confrontational. Zac has asked you to contact support with your concerns.

If you feel you have been cheated in some way then by all means contact them.

But, lets stay on topic please?

Thanks.

Contact support, nah I'll pass thanks, I have enough evidence and other people to contact regarding this event.

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier
Done... go ahead and delete my post again like you just did or ban me from the forums I have everything recorded.

Heya,

The posts are being moderated by the (very awesome) volunteer moderator team.

Essentially, we understand that you aren't happy with the news in the post and I appreciate that. The other thread is unstuck because it is not relevant anymore. If the thread was not meant to be visible, we would have made it not visible. However, you can still link to and read the content of the thread freely.

What I would ask is that you take a second to ensure that your posts are not aggressive/confrontational, and that they are constructive. Otherwise it is likely that the Moderation team will take action as per the forum rules and guidelines. As I have mentioned before, if you wish to discuss or raise your concerns with us directly please do so by contacting our support department who will be happy to help.

I'm sorry to break it to you with some bad news but this amateur in-game tournament sketched in a nakpkin in the last couple hours doesn't quite sweep under the carpet the $100.000 prize marketing trick you ran on your community to attract more people into buying your product, nor does it stop me from me from fully pursuing by all means available and necessary compensation for the damages inflicted to me and other players victim to this scam.

If you think news coverage of this event is the my last resort you better think again cause those $100.000 are not going to come cheap to you.

To the internet lawyers!

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

On a serious note, I'm looking forward to this and I'm happier that we can use real ships with real builds rather than CQC gear.

On a serious note, I'm looking forward to this and I'm happier that we can use real ships with real builds rather than CQC gear.

I was always quite fond of the CQC gear. Probably because PvP in the normal game doesn't interest me - why spend hundreds of thousands of credits on your ship just to risk it in some shootout no-one get's anything out of except thrills and a bounty? That's like tuning your car just to drive illegal street races...

When will we know more details about this tournament? My main questions are:

What are the rules? How will the replacements get in combat?
What ships are we allowed to use? Any outfit restrictions?

I would like to have this anwered so I can gather a group of friends and start training :).

Best!

To the internet lawyers!

Well I happen to have 2 as direct relatives, and this is not the first time I've sucessfully defended players' interests against corporate greed (google EVE Online $10.000 cash prize tournament).

In addition yes, they are on the internet http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/ (you're welcome) and I also happen to have 500 min of free international calls per month on my home connection, which makes the job of contacting them abroad way easier.

Last edited:
Well, I happen to have 2 as direct relatives, and this is not the first time I've defended sucessfully players' interests against corporate greed (google EVE Online $10.000 cash prize tournament). In addition yes, they are on the internet https://www.justice.gov.uk/contacts (you're welcome) and I also happen to have 500 min of free international calls per month on my home connection, which makes the job of contacting them abroad way easier.

I absolutely disagree with you.
Anyway you have been asked to remain on topic, so please stop posting about your SJW stuff here.

I was always quite fond of the CQC gear. Probably because PvP in the normal game doesn't interest me - why spend hundreds of thousands of credits on your ship just to risk it in some shootout no-one get's anything out of except thrills and a bounty? That's like tuning your car just to drive illegal street races...

Fixed weapons that work like the are gimbals.

The inability to change the load out of the ship in any meaningful way.

The inability to use anything bigger than an Eagle.

CQC can be fun, but the ships are like paper and everything just feels different.

PvP is more aking to buying a car for track days.

Well I happen to have 2 as direct relatives, and this is not the first time I've defended sucessfully players' interests against corporate greed (google EVE Online $10.000 cash prize tournament).

In addition yes, they are on the internet https://www.justice.gov.uk/contacts (you're welcome) and I also happen to have 500 min of free international calls per month on my home connection, which makes the job of contacting them abroad way easier.

maxresdefault.jpg

Good luck.

CQC can be fun, but the ships are like paper and everything just feels different.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/t_WILwiWqhI/maxresdefault.jpg

Good luck.

I actually enjoy a lot PVP with my Courier. How fun it is to dance around an Annie or a Cutter :D. I die most of the times, but man... what a way to go!

I still don't like PvP very much, but I agree with you, CQC could use some more variety, not only in selectable ships, but also playing modes.

Hmm I don't know how to feel about this. I understand why it has been put off, due to the extended development time and maybe in part due to the lack of love Arena (CQC) has recieved. I am curious what frontier have planned for it in the future though, it could be so much more. I am most worried for player numbers, with (in my personal experience) it only being playable during livestreams when there are players but I digress.

I trust in frontier, maybe, for now it is for the best and they say the contest will return. Although I can't help thinking people will be very disappointed, I know some people that have been on Arena every moment they can in training for this.

Lastly in a little off topic rhetoric (which mods can freely delete if they wish) I wonder if this will be the "news" for the newsletter this week, I'm itching for development news!! :p (selfish I know)

Last edited:
Top Bottom