Crash

Frontier you better make sure you get this game fix by tomorrow! on ps4 and on sandbox mode Because look I can not stand this alright
FEDCF202-5965-4C16-84E1-ACED348AAEDE.jpeg

Unfortunately, this game's crashing problem on the PS4 is now worse than ever after downloading and installing Update 3. Now I can't even load any of my Isla Nublar 1993 saved game files in Sandbox Mode without the game crashing. I just submitted a report about this on the Issue Tracker here: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/50562

Prior to today, I could at least open my saved park in Sandbox Mode, but crashing during gameplay has been a frequent problem for months now. It seems to occur most frequently when trying to do anything with construction, fencing, landscaping, or helicopter transport. It also seems to become particularly pronounced after playing the same park for a certain amount of time, or perhaps after filling the park with a certain amount of dinosaurs.

The other persistent problem is how often the dinosaurs, rangers, and even the park guests will stop doing anything and just stand around not moving. That, too, seems to become more pronounced only after playing the same park for a certain amount of time. For a while I could deal with that by saving, exiting to the main menu, and reloading the game to kick everything back into action, and that would work for a little bit until I needed to do it again. After filling up all of the paddocks in my park, though, none of the dinosaurs or rangers would do anything no matter what I tried, and that was on top of the game frequently crashing. I stopped playing the game for the past few days hoping that Update 3 would fix these issues but now I can't even load my Sandbox park at all without the game crashing.

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Unfortunately, this game's crashing problem on the PS4 is now worse than ever after downloading and installing Update 3. Now I can't even load any of my Isla Nublar 1993 saved game files in Sandbox Mode without the game crashing. I just submitted a report about this on the Issue Tracker here: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/50562
Thank you for sharing this to the Issue Tracker. I've checked in with the dev team about this as well.

Thank you for sharing this to the Issue Tracker. I've checked in with the dev team about this as well.

Thank you for doing that. I appreciate your attention and professionalism on this matter.

The report that I submitted on the Issue Tracker has been updated with the following message from Frontier QA:

Status Confirming​

Hello, could you provide more information on the size of the park in question please? How much of the map was covered? How many dinosaurs did you have active? How many buildings and decorations were placed? Thanks, Frontier QA.

I'm not sure how they want me to respond, whether I'm supposed to edit my original report or add a contribution at the bottom of the post. I will try both of those methods, and I'll also share the information here in this forum topic.

My Isla Nublar 1993 park is completely covered on all of the map's buildable space. I'm still unable to load the park without the game crashing but, going by memory, there are about 131 dinosaurs. Here's the breakdown by their paddocks:
  • 9 Velociraptor
  • 4 Allosaurus, 6 Ceratosaurus
  • 2 Apatosaurus, 6 Gigantspinosaurus, 10 Gallimimus, 7 Stygimoloch
  • 2 Diplodocus, 6 Corythosaurus, 3 Ankylosaurus, 4 Sinoceratops
  • ~6 Albertosaurus, ~6 Carnotaurus
  • 10 Troodon
  • 2 Spinosaurus
  • ~6 Baryonyx, ~6 Suchomimus
  • 2 Mamenchisaurus, 6 Stegosaurus, 8 Pachycephalosaurus, 4 Muttaburrasaurus
  • 7 Majungasaurus, 6 Qianzhousaurus
  • 3 Tyrannosaurus
I have one more big empty paddock which I intended for herbivores, including Brachiosaurus and Triceratops, but I don't think I had filled it with any dinosaurs before I took a break from playing the game on June 12 due to the aforementioned bugs (frequent crashing during gameplay & dinosaurs standing around doing nothing) that continuously got worse as I added more dinosaurs to the park.

As far as buildings go, there are 4 paleo-medical facilities, 3 response facilities, 1 hatchery, only 1 park tour so far, several large hotels, several restrooms, several emergency shelters, quite a few large amenities (with food, drink & shopping amenities built close together), and a whole lot of viewing galleries and viewing platforms. I also built 2 aviaries and 1 lagoon, with a hatchery and several viewing galleries attached to each, although they aren't populated with any animals yet.

Here is the saved game file info:

Game Time: 45:28
Save Date: 06/12/2022
Save Time: 20:54
Size: 1 Block

102 hrs i spent on that park, i even brought the new dlc wish i didnt now as to gutted to play it, hope u guys can patch it real soon
Do the crash reports not go to Frontier where they can get all that data?? This is really messed up, I can’t load my save game so I would have no clue how many I have or not
Do the crash reports not go to Frontier where they can get all that data?? This is really messed up, I can’t load my save game so I would have no clue how many I have or not
Your gunna need to report it you can do that on ur game

Frontier you better make sure you get this game fix by tomorrow! on ps4 and on sandbox mode Because look I can not stand this alrightView attachment 310093
Like your optimism
Thank you for doing that. I appreciate your attention and professionalism on this matter.

The report that I submitted on the Issue Tracker has been updated with the following message from Frontier QA:

I'm not sure how they want me to respond, whether I'm supposed to edit my original report or add a contribution at the bottom of the post. I will try both of those methods, and I'll also share the information here in this forum topic.

My Isla Nublar 1993 park is completely covered on all of the map's buildable space. I'm still unable to load the park without the game crashing but, going by memory, there are about 131 dinosaurs. Here's the breakdown by their paddocks:
  • 9 Velociraptor
  • 4 Allosaurus, 6 Ceratosaurus
  • 2 Apatosaurus, 6 Gigantspinosaurus, 10 Gallimimus, 7 Stygimoloch
  • 2 Diplodocus, 6 Corythosaurus, 3 Ankylosaurus, 4 Sinoceratops
  • ~6 Albertosaurus, ~6 Carnotaurus
  • 10 Troodon
  • 2 Spinosaurus
  • ~6 Baryonyx, ~6 Suchomimus
  • 2 Mamenchisaurus, 6 Stegosaurus, 8 Pachycephalosaurus, 4 Muttaburrasaurus
  • 7 Majungasaurus, 6 Qianzhousaurus
  • 3 Tyrannosaurus
I have one more big empty paddock which I intended for herbivores, including Brachiosaurus and Triceratops, but I don't think I had filled it with any dinosaurs before I took a break from playing the game on June 12 due to the aforementioned bugs (frequent crashing during gameplay & dinosaurs standing around doing nothing) that continuously got worse as I added more dinosaurs to the park.

As far as buildings go, there are 4 paleo-medical facilities, 3 response facilities, 1 hatchery, only 1 park tour so far, several large hotels, several restrooms, several emergency shelters, quite a few large amenities (with food, drink & shopping amenities built close together), and a whole lot of viewing galleries and viewing platforms. I also built 2 aviaries and 1 lagoon, with a hatchery and several viewing galleries attached to each, although they aren't populated with any animals yet.

Here is the saved game file info:

Game Time: 45:28
Save Date: 06/12/2022
Save Time: 20:54
Size: 1 Block
did anyone got back to you after you given all this??

Top Bottom