Crashes increasing?

Anyone else experiencing more than usual crashes lately? Its been really bad for me and almost impossible to submit details in the crash report option. All my drivers are updated and still having issues. I haven't played in like a week with a normal save and close.

Is your CPU overclocked by any chance? I was getting frequent crashes for this reason but once I put my CPU back to default settings it ran fine.

From what I've heard, if your game crashes very often it could be due to your CPU being unstable and that's typically caused by overclocking. :)

Last edited:
I’ve noticed a lot of crashes and freezing when I go to build paths. The game usually runs fine until I build paths then it stops working.

Sometimes it will unfreeze if I let it sit for a bit, other times I have to force shut down my pc.

Not many crashes but the problem with freezing is happening a lot more often, for me it's happening when I go to manually save the park file sometimes...it can take five minutes until I get to the drop down menu to choose the file name I want to save. Today I saved the park file, finally finished and then I wanted to quit to the main menu...that took 20 minutes.

Stupid amount of crashes. Owned less than a week and it is mostly unplayable.
Specs:

Intel Core i7 9700k @ 3.60GHz
Kaby Lake 14nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB
Graphics
2367 (1920x1080@60Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 (MSI)

I have done everything on the support page. Anyone else raised a ticket for it?

Last edited:
Stupid amount of crashes. Owned less than a week and it is mostly unplayable.
Specs:

Intel Core i7 9700k @ 3.60GHz
Kaby Lake 14nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB
Graphics
2367 (1920x1080@60Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 (MSI)

I have done everything on the support page. Anyone else raised a ticket for it?
I'm facing same issue having the same CPU. I think there is a big issue with this CPU because I'm having issue with other games ... Can somebody tell us more ?

Check if the game is using the GTX card and not the Intel on board graphics chip.
Also check if the monitor cable is in the card and not the motherboard.

Some obvious things I suppose you guys already checked out, but could be a solution.

I think it could probably just be general game stability but I could be wrong. My most common cause for crashes right now is when my CPU is overclocked (and bear in mind it's only clocked by an additional 0.1 GHz). I read somewhere that it's a sign that the CPU is unstable...but the reason why that can't be the case is simply because Planet Coaster is the only game that crashes when my CPU is running at this speed. Planet Zoo for instance always seems to run just fine.

I've had only one crash in the past months, this was yesterday. The cause was memory related.
So my guess would be it might be affected by RAM, virtual ram and/or disk space allocated/available.

@wowman , how much space do you have allocated in virtual ram? What's your RAM size?
@Nukai That's a good rig and especially at 1080p it should be fluent like water. 16gb should be sufficient for most tasks and games.

hm, another thing is i don't have the latest drivers running on the 1080Ti, last i updated was around Dec/jan. so there is a chance this only happens with the latest nVidia drivers.
Just a random thought.

Stay safe & healthy,
Arti

I've come across the same issue. I've had 1 crash since the last Paid DLC was released until yesterday when I had two.

Something is going on 😕

Crash after crash after crash.... the game is unplayable. Done everything everyone else has done to fix...even reinstalling everything. Making a ticket is an extreme pain in the behind. Not to mention I haven't heard from the last one I submitted. Sad, I wonder if Planzoo will end up the same. I won't buy any more Planzoo stuff, because I had bought all Planco DLC which cost over 100 for the game and DLC. Fix these problems a lot of us are facing. I definitely won't buy Planco for my son on his Xbox or my daughter's ps4 and they want the game. Fix the crashing and you will get my loyalty back.

Top Bottom