Culinary (or cocktail) recipes

I need the above for the engineer unlock but their appearance seems extremely rare.
  • I'm around the Colonia area
  • I've tried HAB, EXT, AGR and STO buidlngs
  • I've tried the above during missions
  • I've tried the above doing the sneaky sneakies thing by cloning access levels and going to data ports
  • I've looked on Inara for FC's selling them.
  • I've tried grinding
So far, zero results.

Is there a reliable place for these items near to my location? I feel I'm missing something. Back in the bubble, they didn't seem to be as hard to come by.

Backgound: I sold the ones I had in the wrong system so, yes, I was being a complete idiot. I'm now trying to recoup my losses :D

Last edited:
Backgound: I sold the ones I had in the wrong system so, yes, I was being a complete idiot. I'm now trying to recoup my losses
That makes two of us ;)
My alt has been travelling round every tourist settlement in the region and has so far regained, erm, two recipes back so far...so I've been wondering the same thing. Maybe it's just the RNG being a sod. One thing I was doing for speed was landing at Augar Fortification, Carcosa; it has two HAB units with data ports in the hallway, taking off, SC, drop out of SC, return, repeat...

Last edited:
Hello, The place to look is the data ports, but given the RNG and the sheer number of possibilities, it will take a long time to finds what you are after. Especially in Colonia. I pre-planned and took what I needed with me.

Steve 07.
So did I.

Mistakes were made.

Now I have zero :D

SDPs were easier to come by.

Last edited:
1663859185107.png

1663859223804.png

These are no good to me. My ALT has been to the bubble and unlocked the engineers and I have no intention of going back to Colonia, and I only collect them now to donate.

The choices are:
Return to the bubble.
Make arrangements with someone going out to Colonia to collect and take them to you.

Steve 07.

Not as rare as Opinion Poll or Smear Campaign Plans on DATA PAD, but those two data are also very rare. If Tourism settlement has good shape(6~7 HAB DATA PAD) is near Colonia, you can repeat grinding by resetting instance. Then you can get 1 data per 3~4 trial, 1 trial per 10~15 minute.

But...... Although unlocking onfoot engineer in Colonia is much easier than Bubble, in my case of recent visiting Colonia, I had some problem to find good grinding settlement, especially Anarchy. So I think it might be good for you to go back to Bubble TEMPORARILY. And you can get comfortable round-trip by help of fleet carrier owners club on discord. https://discord.gg/tcMPHfh

Last edited:
I need the above for the engineer unlock but their appearance seems extremely rare.
  • I'm around the Colonia area
  • I've tried HAB, EXT, AGR and STO buidlngs
  • I've tried the above during missions
  • I've tried the above doing the sneaky sneakies thing by cloning access levels and going to data ports
  • I've looked on Inara for FC's selling them.
So far, zero results.

Is there a reliable place for these items near to my location? I feel I'm missing something. Back in the bubble, they didn't seem to be as hard to come by.

Backgound: I sold the ones I had in the wrong system so, yes, I was being a complete idiot. I'm now trying to recoup my losses :D

I did the exact mistake, but i didnt had any troubles to find them in mostly extraction, agri and industrial settlements
IIRC i was based in TIR and i did a lot of restore missions (somehow TIR always seems to have factions yielding restore missions - even now)

I said to myself I was never going to Colonia ever again (was over there some time after they released the corvette, and did the trip in a 12Ly battlevette... yes)

Anyhoo, moving on many a year, ehre I am, knowing I've sold tens of tens of tens of these buggers in the bubble :cry:

I recall the ED Odyssey Materials Helper recommending a deserted tourist settlement, which had many HABs all with data ports, relogging there eventually brought some recipes, though it took an evening's work and some of the following evening to get 10.

It was almost certainly one of these:

Cocktails (first two groups), Culinaries (Second two groups):
recipes.jpg

Last edited:
I recall the ED Odyssey Materials Helper recommending a deserted tourist settlement, which had many HABs all with data ports, relogging there eventually brought some recipes, though it took an evening's work and some of the following evening to get 10.
I've been to a few power-on HAB-rich settlements. One had a bug that needed fires putting out which would never complete. I wasn't too worried about that and swallowed the fine(s) but there were nada recipes there :(

Or "I'm bingo on culinary recipes" to use NPC commander speak.

Last edited:
I've been to a few power-on HAB-rich settlements. One had a bug that needed fires putting out which would never complete. I wasn't too worried about that and swallowed the fine(s) but there were nada recipes there :(

Or "I'm bingo on culinary recipes" to use NPC commander speak.
I've got 8 cocktail recipes I can set to sell in my carrier if you want? DM me. Make sure to sell them in the Colonia system itself :)

I really appreciate that! I'm just trying one thing thenI may well take you up on that :)

Not that I have any idea how you go about it... sorry, newb to buying from other CMDR's.
I've set the barman to sell (at the minimum price setting) so you just have to board my FC and go to the bar, talk to the barman and ask to trade, s/he should sell the recipes.

I've set my FC to friends only so no-one else snaffles them. Send me a friend request in game (same CMDR name) and I'll tell you the FC name/location, it may not be updated in Inara yet. I tried jumping to Colonia system, but it's full, so I'm in Ogmar.

My memory is foggy so I can't remember if you need BOTH types of recipe to unlock the engineer, I think she only required one OR the other.

I've set the barman to sell (at the minimum price setting) so you just have to board my FC and go to the bar, talk to the barman and ask to trade, s/he should sell the recipes.

I've set my FC to friends only so no-one else snaffles them. Send me a friend request in game (same CMDR name) and I'll tell you the FC name/location, it may not be updated in Inara yet. I tried jumping to Colonia system, but it's full, so I'm in Ogmar.

My memory is foggy so I can't remember if you need BOTH types of recipe to unlock the engineer, I think she only required one OR the other.
Hmm... this is odd. I can't find you in socials.

Top Bottom