Custom Buildings

To me, it's simply the most important feature from all the "Suggestions and Ideas" sub-forum.

Yes it very well should be. Because with out the ability to build your own custom buildings in game, really you are playing with all stock buildings. And the way this community is built is to customize and to be able to build your dream park or to build a park you love to go to in real life. And having custom buildings really helps with this.

Just for example of how much I think we really need this sort of thing in a theme park sim game, this park:

_origin_RCT3-4.jpg

Looks a HELL of a lot better than this park:

38.jpg

And it can't just be "Here, have a scenery block that looks like a house. Plop it down a few times to give the area some theming." Custom buildings are a necessity as far as I'm concerned, I really can't stress this enough.

Yes.

Buildings is simply what make the difference between "a fairground" and "a theme park" in fact.

Very true!

I also love the idea of Sims style building tools. Aside from the RCT series the only other computer game I play is Sims, so that would be right up my alley.

If anyone knows other tools as well made as that available in "Sims4", it might be cool to compare, no ?
What do you think ? If anyone knows ?

I like they way building are build in The Sims 4 as well. I hope we get a tool like that. Also maybe have the same tool for making gift shops and restaurants.

Sawyer1

Planet Coaster Ambassador
That building tool is amazing, and I agree something like that would be insane!

I'm also going to say I'm happy with the ability to build buildings so long as the option is there, you look at Zoo Tycoon that Frontier made and it's a good game but every Zoo feels the same, having tools to build buildings is crucial.

I like the stacking tool from older games such as RCT3 but I'm welcome to a new style also. So long the creativity is there then I'm happy.

Defo!!! Piece by piece or a similar tool to allow us to create buildings would be most welcome!! one of the downfalls of RCTW is that if you want a custom building, you have to leave the game, open some 3D software that you have to learn to use, build the building and then import it in to the game..

The beauty of previous titles was that you had piece by piece building.. allowing you to have these creations that come to life while you are playing.. Then the joy of opening the attractions to see them come to life.

The ability to customise buildings in game is going to be one of the winners for PC...

Personally, I love using the Custom Stall in RCT3 (the one with nothing but a counter that can sell anything) and then building around it.. You can make the most amazing designs that way... If we were given this and a decent building tool, you can probably do away with pre-rendered and pre-made buildings completely!

Thank god this was finally answered on the Q&A. I was super concerned when i saw the first trailer, as "that game" was also not going to have them full stop.
I could never go back to build simple parks like in RCT1, custom buildings is a must for me.

Thank god this was finally answered on the Q&A. I was super concerned when i saw the first trailer, as "that game" was also not going to have them full stop.
I could never go back to build simple parks like in RCT1, custom buildings is a must for me.
I could never go back too. [up]

I could never go back too. [up]

Yeah, thats why im not to fond of what they were doing with parkitect. Is just RCT1 but with less charismatic design. RCT2 was the game they could have based parkitect from, with the advancements they are trying to add, being isometric will make a few people happy, me included, to pass some time in that game.

Yeah, thats why im not to fond of what they were doing with parkitect. Is just RCT1 but with less charismatic design. RCT2 was the game they could have based parkitect from, with the advancements they are trying to add, being isometric will make a few people happy, me included, to pass some time in that game.
I couldn't discribe is better.

Yup. [up]

Parkitect just play with the "RCT1 nostalgia" (and this is an indie project, so they did not have much choice).
The target are not the same between all the "Theme Park Sim Games"

- In some the management is the most important (RCT1, Parkitect)
- In some the realism/real physics is the most important (No limits2, ThemeParkStudio)
- In some the design is (became) the most important (RC3)

This does not mean that they dont possess everything, but one type of game is (and should be) put forward.

I'm not talking about RCTW because we dont know what they are trying to do for now (the strategy is a little bit strange, and the "vision" is not very clear)

But with PlanetCoaster, i want something as close as possible as RCT3 (in term of "concept"), but the "2016" version, which mean with new features and a new way of seeing some functionalities (and not "only" improvements of old ones).

Maybe something like this would be great for me :
- 50% design
- 30% management
- 20% realism

... But it's my own opinion. [happy]
And I might be disappointed. Who knows !

Yup. [up]

Parkitect just play with the "RCT1 nostalgia" (and this is an indie project, so they did not have much choice).
The target are not the same between all the "Theme Park Sim Games"

- In some the management is the most important (RCT1, Parkitect)
- In some the realism/real physics is the most important (No limits2, ThemeParkStudio)
- In some the design is (became) the most important (RC3)

This does not mean that they dont possess everything, but one type of game is (and should be) put forward.

I'm not talking about RCTW because we dont know what they are trying to do for now (the strategy is a little bit strange, and the "vision" is not very clear)

But with PlanetCoaster, i want something as close as possible as RCT3 (in term of "concept"), but the "2016" version, which mean with new features and a new way of seeing some functionalities (and not "only" improvements of old ones).

Maybe something like this would be great for me :
- 50% design
- 30% management
- 20% realism

... But it's my own opinion. [happy]
And I might be disappointed. Who knows !
☺ Unlike FPS, I'm glad that theme park games have different aspects.

More than to click and drag straight walls just like The Sims 4, it would be very interesting to be able to simply click and drag circular walls to make perfect circles and then being able to stretch them in size. I think walls and path should be built just like the roads system in Cities Skylines, thus letting us choose the exact shape of every wall or path or even fences and hedges.

wavy-wall-2450802.jpg

Circular-house-Interior-railing-Laminate-Wall-Laminate-floor-Circle-table.jpg

zRsDuId.jpg

Overview01.jpg

More than to click and drag straight walls just like The Sims 4, it would be very interesting to be able to simply click and drag circular walls to make perfect circles and then being able to stretch them in size. I think walls and path should be built just like the roads system in Cities Skylines, thus letting us choose the exact shape of every wall or path or even fences and hedges.

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/wavy-wall-2450802.jpg

https://www.webkize.com/6/2013/07/C...Laminate-Wall-Laminate-floor-Circle-table.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/zRsDuId.jpg

http://amazingfujiantulou.com/uploads/fhead/Overview01.jpg
didn't you post this in another thread also?

Yes right. Im new to the forum and I saw that the last message in this thread was from 2015 only after submitting my post that's why I created a new thread. Sorry for disturbing if it's the case lol. Maybe should I be banned for doing such a crime ?? :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom