Ships Cutter multirole build feedback welcome

Hello fellow Commanders,

i would like to get the best out of my cutter and it would be interesting to read what you think of my build and how i could improve it. its supposed to be a multirole build. the linked build is the current state of the ship. coriolis.io build

my thoughts and problems (thoughts are allowed i hope, advice welcome :))

Tank: i think of switching to bi-weave cause of the faster recharge, prisma looks to heavy for me, resists spreaded with most on thermal, module and hull reinforcement missing so far, i would like to calculate the shield to optimize it.

weapons: time on target is low in a cutter due to the bad agility so i think of a change to weapons. one shot most damage possible is the idea, maybe 4x2 Rails, 1x4 MC, 2x3 beam ? best would be one firegroup for weapons only

fighters: i didnt learn much about fighters yet. any advice here i would be thankful for

thanks in advance

toppo

PS: haters and blamers please dont reply, i want to keep it positive and fun. if you feel i am a fool then simply dont answer. and i wont change the ship. i want to make the best out of THIS ship even its the worst for you maybe. thank you
I wish I could've gotten to this sooner. I'm only here to help so please don't take this as me being mean or anything.
There's so much wrong with this build it would take 3 pages to go over everything.
Just go over everything I've changed and ask me any questions you have.

Edit: Bigmaec's build is actually pretty solid and I would definitely go with an 8C biweave instead. Also, I would ditch the point defense for like a kill warrant scanner or chaff or something.

Last edited:
What part of Multi role are you looking for? And don't forget heatsinks.
I'm using thermal vented beam lasers on mine. In combat my windshield freezes over, definitely don't need any heat sinks. LOL
20200211_020427_2.jpg

1. I'm assuming he doesn't have the money for reactive or military grade
2. Just trying to put something more useful than point defense on it.
1. So your amount of time spent on shell engineering materials is easier to get than the armor itself ?
After purchasing the next reservation, he will have to collect all these materials again.

• Point defenses can be placed at the bottom.
  • It's better to add more heat-sink.
  • Well, then, put in a shield E amplifier.
  • as a last resort, leave this slot empty.

1. I'm assuming he doesn't have the money for reactive or military grade
2. Just trying to put something more useful than point defense on it.
I had reactive surface composite armor on my MULTIROLE (NOT COMBAT) Cutter and on my Corvette but eventually I removed it from the Cutter. Unless you trying to build heavy duty combat Cutter and going to stay in combat indefinitely it is rather unnecessary. Cutter is a fast "Shield ship" and I'd rather have litlle bit extra speed and jump range, nevermind cost reduction. Properly outfitted Cutter can boost around 500 m/s, which is enough to get out of trouble if you about to lose your shields. So, I have G5 enhanced, low power bi-weave shield with 4 "A-class" G3 heavy duty boosters which gives me around 3500 MJ of shield and I can recover it in just under 3 minutes. If you add more shield boost it'll take too long to recharge and recover and you might run into power shortage depending onb your loadout. Few SCBs also help to keep this shield online. As of today I haven't lost my shield except for one occasion when I crushed another ship at the station exit and station opened fire on me. I lost my shield but thanks to high speed I was able to get away with minimum hull damage.
Point defense is pretty useful as it is taking care of all kinds of missile attacks and hatch breaker limpets, including when your ship is being attacked while parked and unattended on the planet ( for that reason you want them to be on the top).
I never used Heat sinks on the Cutter, is just a waste of a slot. Cutter would never go completely stealth no matter what, it just too big. Also properly built Cutter never gets hot enough (mine has 2 thermal vented beams and actually frezes during combat). Use chaff instead.

here is the current build after lots of testing and learning. keep in mind its not a combat only build.

PD is on the bottom

Last edited:
I wish I could've gotten to this sooner. I'm only here to help so please don't take this as me being mean or anything.
There's so much wrong with this build it would take 3 pages to go over everything.
Just go over everything I've changed and ask me any questions you have.

Edit: Bigmaec's build is actually pretty solid and I would definitely go with an 8C biweave instead. Also, I would ditch the point defense for like a kill warrant scanner or chaff or something.
thx for your input.

your build has 30% thermal resist. dont get me wrong but nobody ever suggested that low resist here and anywhere.

thx for your input.

your build has 30% thermal resist. dont get me wrong but nobody ever suggested that low resist here and anywhere.
Its a common mistake to get caught up with the resist %. The more applicable metric is HP value. Sir Ganksalot's thermal HP = 8900. Your thermal hp = 7400 (even with twice the resist %). I will take the 8900 hp every day of the week.

Its a common mistake to get caught up with the resist %. The more applicable metric is HP value. Sir Ganksalot's thermal HP = 8900. Your thermal hp = 7400 (even with twice the resist %). I will take the 8900 hp every day of the week.
so my curretn build has 8900 which is ok then with each over 50%

Its relative. The current build you posted here shows only 7400 thermal HP.
oops right sorry, wonder where i just read the 8900. i have to say the informations vary a lot. bi-weave, my infomration was from multiple sources up the resists.

first of all thx you all for your feedback.

so this is my current build with all engineering done.
how i came to this setup:
  • cutter is slow -> MC 4km range and falloff, getting in range for longer time is hard so i thought a good weapon range is needed.
  • Distri on cutter bad -> MC weapon choice since low draw, free pips for ENG
  • converted a few guns to thermal, 1x corrosive, 1x emissive
  • PD on bottom against hatch breaker limpets
  • no armor due to jump range decrease
  • fighter guardian lance

i literally do everything with it from collecting mats to fighting spec ops in high cz or mining (diff. setup). not because its so effective but i like the ship.

its for sure not perfect so if you have further ideas please let me know.

first of all thx you all for your feedback.

so this is my current build with all engineering done.
how i came to this setup:
  • cutter is slow -> MC 4km range and falloff, getting in range for longer time is hard so i thought a good weapon range is needed.
  • Distri on cutter bad -> MC weapon choice since low draw, free pips for ENG
  • converted a few guns to thermal, 1x corrosive, 1x emissive
  • PD on bottom against hatch breaker limpets
  • no armor due to jump range decrease
  • fighter guardian lance

i literally do everything with it from collecting mats to fighting spec ops in high cz or mining (diff. setup). not because its so effective but i like the ship.

its for sure not perfect so if you have further ideas please let me know.

I would put the incendiary on medium multi-cannons - they have lower piercing and their hull damage will suffer a bigger penalty, but they have no penalty when hitting shields
And i will keep the large and huge multi-cannons as hull killers (emissive, corosive, etc).
Keep incendiaries on one trigger and hull killers on another trigger.

Top Bottom