Powerplay Faction: Aisling Duval Cycle 308 Weekly Objectives

I will continue to advocate for people playing the game as it currently exists optimally, yes. I'm going to let you in on a secret regarding FLC tho. Just because their "in house rules" say that must be open only, doesn't mean that the CMDRs are being held to those standards. Why, the pope of Open Only SK1701 has previously stated that they've killed CMDRs in their own PGs in the past. If true, surely this is a violation of the Open Only position Pope SK1701 maintains.
If this is your whole argument you're wrong. Doing merits in Solo/PG isn't allowed in FLC. Removing merits from enemy CMDRs while they're in PG is allowed. We don't have a problem with that, quite the opposite lol

If this is your whole argument you're wrong. Doing merits in Solo/PG isn't allowed in FLC. Removing merits from enemy CMDRs while they're in PG is allowed. We don't have a problem with that, quite the opposite lol
Oh. I see. So the word "All" doesn't mean what it means in English in the Fed lexicon. Interesting. But like I said, I don't care. Because this is a game about winning, so do what you need to do.

Oh. I see. So the word "All" doesn't mean what it means in English in the Fed lexicon. Interesting. But like I said, I don't care. Because this is a game about winning, so do what you need to do.
I'm not sure where are you reading the word "all". The activities we require our CMDRs to do in Open are the following, copy-pasted from FUC rules:
  • Preparation, Expansion and Fortification
  • Undermining and Opposing expansions
  • Any BGS activity in PowerPlay relevant systems
As you can see there's no mention of PVP. I'm repeating myself but we will try to kill enemy CMDRs no matter the game mode they're in. We'd kill them in Solo if we could.

Also, every game is about winning but most people still abide by some simple fair play conventions that make the game better for everyone. Doing Powerplay as a mindless merit grind done in Solo with no opposition removes most of the tactical aspect of the game and favours the factions with more manpower. After all these years we don't expect the Aisling community to play fair so it's all good, don't sweat it.

It's not shaming. It's a true statement. You do need to play in open for other CMDRs to kill you. It's why the most effective way to do powerplay is to play in PG / Solo. Because then other CMDRs cannot kill you, nor disrupt your progress. I don't fault the feds that play in PG / Solo (of which there are many) for doing so because it's effective. And it's why I advocate the same.
Bruh, did you learn how to argue from Trump?

The cry is part of the new pledge package at ADC.

Since,

Cry

Is

Free

I'm not sure where are you reading the word "all". The activities we require our CMDRs to do in Open are the following, copy-pasted from FUC rules:
  • Preparation, Expansion and Fortification
  • Undermining and Opposing expansions
  • Any BGS activity in PowerPlay relevant systems
As you can see there's no mention of PVP. I'm repeating myself but we will try to kill enemy CMDRs no matter the game mode they're in. We'd kill them in Solo if we could.

Also, every game is about winning but most people still abide by some simple fair play conventions that make the game better for everyone. Doing Powerplay as a mindless merit grind done in Solo with no opposition removes most of the tactical aspect of the game and favours the factions with more manpower. After all these years we don't expect the Aisling community to play fair so it's all good, don't sweat it.
Considering FDev made the game and their rules and conventions state that all modes are equal, I still fail to see how you can claim that PG / Solo are unfair since PG / Solo are equal to Open as FDev have made. Since they're all equal, it is up to CMDR preference which one they use. "They're not playing fair" is what the losers say. So continue to say that "Aisling Duval isn't playing fair" despite being unable to find some ToS violation or something. After all, as we say to the feds, "Cry is free"

Is this an Aisling thread, a Winters/Hudson thread or some kind of open only thing yet again? I kinda lost track of it after the second post, there's even FUC rules and discord links being posted here.

I suggest to the thread hijacking members of Hudson or even Winters, which is currently the smallest power (maybe someday you will reach 30 control systems! Not looking like it's going to be this week though, the 1.1:1 triggers might be too hard): try making a thread of your own about your achievements or whatever own specific set of rules you have for propaganda. It seems to often involve posting screencaps from other powers private discords anyway, so it might still be confusing. I didn't even know that these forums allowed such nonsensical attempts at public shaming as the names aren't being hidden.

Lastly, a hauler that arrives at his HQ (at least for Aisling) and is on his way to a HQ station isn't really carrying PP cargo. Only once he picks up the cargo he's actually doing a Powerplay activity. Even the PP NPCs know this much and won't waste time with HQ interdictions, though for players there's still the low of skulking around blocking pads/mailbox, ramming to kill or into loitering (there was a lot of it at Aasgay since it was a single spaceport). I know the galmap UI shows the HQ as 0% fortification/undermining so it may not be that clear to some, but you aren't really disrupting any Powerplay itself by doing it when folks still have an empty cargo...

Considering FDev made the game and their rules and conventions state that all modes are equal, I still fail to see how you can claim that PG / Solo are unfair since PG / Solo are equal to Open as FDev have made. Since they're all equal, it is up to CMDR preference which one they use. "They're not playing fair" is what the losers say. So continue to say that "Aisling Duval isn't playing fair" despite being unable to find some ToS violation or something. After all, as we say to the feds, "Cry is free"
You don't need to justify your actions mentioning the ToS and all the "all modes are equal" stuff. If the modes were equal you wouldn't be hiding in PG, there's not point in arguing about this lol

Is this an Aisling thread, a Winters/Hudson thread or some kind of open only thing yet again? I kinda lost track of it after the second post, there's even FUC rules and discord links being posted here.

I suggest to the thread hijacking members of Hudson or even Winters, which is currently the smallest power (maybe someday you will reach 30 control systems! Not looking like it's going to be this week though, the 1.1:1 triggers might be too hard): try making a thread of your own about your achievements or whatever own specific set of rules you have for propaganda. It seems to often involve posting screencaps from other powers private discords anyway, so it might still be confusing. I didn't even know that these forums allowed such nonsensical attempts at public shaming as the names aren't being hidden.

Lastly, a hauler that arrives at his HQ (at least for Aisling) and is on his way to a HQ station isn't really carrying PP cargo. Only once he picks up the cargo he's actually doing a Powerplay activity. Even the PP NPCs know this much and won't waste time with HQ interdictions, though for players there's still the low of skulking around blocking pads/mailbox, ramming to kill or into loitering (there was a lot of it at Aasgay since it was a single spaceport). I know the galmap UI shows the HQ as 0% fortification/undermining so it may not be that clear to some, but you aren't really disrupting any Powerplay itself by doing it when folks still have an empty cargo...
We're having a civil conversation here, I don't see what's the problem. There's no Solo mode in the forums.

You don't need to justify your actions mentioning the ToS and all the "all modes are equal" stuff. If the modes were equal you wouldn't be hiding in PG, there's not point in arguing about this lol
I'm not hiding in PG, I'm playing the game optimally. PG is the most efficient method for powerplay since other CMDRs cannot interfere with your work. You're basically the guy complaining that I'm using Politoed with Drizzle in Gen V OU. Until the rules are changed, you play the way that increases your chances of victory the most.

I'm not hiding in PG, I'm playing the game optimally. PG is the most efficient method for powerplay since other CMDRs cannot interfere with your work. You're basically the guy complaining that I'm using Politoed with Drizzle in Gen V OU. Until the rules are changed, you play the way that increases your chances of victory the most.
I'm not complaining or trying to persuade you, I'm just stating a fact. You and others in your community are hiding in Solo/PG so other CMDRs "cannot interfere with your work". I'm using your own words here.

Again, there's no need to justify yourself. We all know how the Aisling community works in this regard, it's all good.

I'm not complaining or trying to persuade you, I'm just stating a fact. You and others in your community are hiding in Solo/PG so other CMDRs "cannot interfere with your work". I'm using your own words here.

Again, there's no need to justify yourself. We all know how the Aisling community works in this regard, it's all good.
I'm still confused as to why you call it "hiding". It's not my fault FDev made it so the most efficient way to do powerplay coincides with a lack of enemy interaction. I'm not playing for epeen, I'm playing to win. Of course you can pretend that the FLC and FUC are 100% open only, if that makes you feel better. We know full well that FUC and FLC utilize PG / Solo CMDRs as well.

what about songs?

Attachments

• изображение_2021-04-24_141958.png
    изображение_2021-04-24_141958.png
    100.3 KB · Views: 93
Some competitive games don't need physical contact. Powerplay, particularly the hauling part of it, is better equated to a marathon than a football game, imo. Whether you like it or not, solo and private group play are an intended part of the game by the people who wrote the rulebook. Whining about it won't change that.
I have to respectfully disagree with that. Yes, it might be a race but its violent. Opposition is done by shooting ships to smithereens. Including player ships. You disrupt convoys of expansion materials reaching their intended target.

Was wondering how long it would take for you to chip in. How did it feel to blow 2 billion, single handedly hauling 200k merits in C300 (all in solo) only to lose the expansion anyway? I spent C300 doing 40k UM merits (in open) and killing the same 10 haulers who were in open with FUC friends. Playing a multiplayer game with other players seems to be a hard concept to grasp, but you should consider trying it, its fun.

As for your second point, blowing up haulers coming into system is purely for the fun of it. Making them eat a rebuy every time discourages them from forting. Its the same thing imperial PvPers do in Nanomam (not that you'd know anything about that). And like you said, if we're only supposed to attack haulers holding merits, then that's exactly what we did in and around the starport in Aasgay. Again, not sure why you'd be concerned about that seeing as how you weren't in open.

I'm still confused as to why you call it "hiding". It's not my fault FDev made it so the most efficient way to do powerplay coincides with a lack of enemy interaction. I'm not playing for epeen, I'm playing to win. Of course you can pretend that the FLC and FUC are 100% open only, if that makes you feel better. We know full well that FUC and FLC utilize PG / Solo CMDRs as well.
This thing you're doing here is called "projection" in psychology. We in FUC do 100% of our merits in Open.

Top Bottom