Damaged Stations Observations

This has remained consistent across 3 stations with at least 1 fed aligned faction.

Of the ~40 available passenger evac missions, between 4 and 6 missions totaling between 11 and 40 passengers are for fed aligned factions...even when ALL BUT 2 of the 9 factions are fed aligned.

LAME and offensive. Fdev have this uncanny way of infecting even the coolest and most fun things with warts, blisters and cold sores. It’s really lame and transparent.

Hint - fdev, we the customer are supposed to have as much fun as possible, and win, you do realize this ...right?

I’m NOT PAYING YOUR SALARIES TO LOSE OR BE HUMILIATED ARE JERKED AROUND. Real life provides copious amounts of that, I’m not paying hard earned money to supplement. Surely you get this fundamental principle...correct?

At the very least the number of missions should be in line with the factions percentage influence.

There should never be a case where a faction with .00000001% influence posts 99.9999999998% of the missions...or anywhere remotely close.

Talented, well-adjusted adults understand that emotions are a part of life. And that acting like they don’t exist or ignoring them is a recipe for trouble. They also know that no one is perfect and that everyone makes mistakes.

But most of all, they know how to see the emotional aspect of communication for it is while never discarding the valuable content that can sometimes be wrapped in the middle.

I apologize that my frustration appear to have unfortunately and unfairly devalued my op. I will try to do better.

And fwiw, I worked for Motorola’s digital support team in the late 80’s early 90’s. Many calls I took began with “if I could hurt you right now I would” but ended with not only satisfied and grateful customers but gifts sent to hq...I kid you not.

When was the last time anyone has had a support experience that productive?

And it was simple, I just listened for the actual problem while being honest about how it made them feel...many of which waited upwards of 120min on hold. You wouldn’t believe how quickly things calm down when with the honest lead in “your right, we screwed up big time”. Which we had...mgt wasn’t super pleased with this approach till they saw the clearance numbers and feedback.

Last edited:
I too rage against the dice roll too sometimes. Probably we all do from time to time. That's the nature of random events or ones where the seed is hidden.

And it was simple, I just listened for the actual problem while being honest about how it made them feel...many of which waited upwards of 120min on hold. You wouldn’t believe how quickly things calm down when I simply said “your right, we screwed up big time”.

L.E.A.F - right?

I don't work in customer service, I'm a financial analyst whose duties are varied and inclusive of other things than doing financial analysis for people. One of the things I report on is CS productivity and quality. I have found it very useful to monitor CS calls. The best CS reps with the highest and most positive feedback are the ones that treat customers just as you do dtdionne. (y) And considering the garbage customer service employees have to put up with multiple times every day from people who are otherwise probably decent human beings its a wonder they last as long as they do.

So - lighten up babelfisch - dtd... just needed to vent, he made some good points and probably felt better after doing it and then you go and hit him with some PC squeezed out of the rearend of a male bovine having a bad day.

I don't get the complaint tbh.

Can you not take the missions for that faction? Or do you just want to fast track to reputation for the federation? Developers intentionally balance the ability to do that, most of the time (I found a station one system over from an outpost where both only offered courier missions to the other, so you could take 20 there and 20 back, rapid progression). Are there any decent rewards for rescuing these folks? I've been considering it, did some rescues some time ago but it got tedious. Any material bonuses?

Talented, well-adjusted adults understand that emotions are a part of life. And that acting like they don’t exist or ignoring them is a recipe for trouble. They also know that no one is perfect and that everyone makes mistakes.

But most of all, they know how to see the emotional aspect of communication for it is while never discarding the valuable content that can sometimes be wrapped in the middle.

I apologize that my frustration appear to have unfortunately and unfairly devalued my op. I will try to do better.
Talented, well-adjusted adults don't become all passive aggressive when someone tries to be funny at their expense.
On the other hand I am not a well adjusted adult, so what do I know.
;)

So my primary grip revolves around these points.
  1. Fed aligned faction Wogam Bridge has ~70% system influence.
  2. The other 7 independent system factions split the remainder.
  3. As of 45 min ago, of the ~60 evac passenger missions, 3 were for Wogam Bridge.
This is so infuriating. 70% of 60 should yield ~43 missions NOT 3. I can feel my blood pressure rising. Fdev wields this “immersive realism” ideology like a sword which does as much damage against it, as for.

Now on the off chance that influence is some esoteric background bgs metric that does not directly affect me...grrrrrrr...I’ll bite my tongue.

I’ve got 2000 hrs on the PS4, the 2.4 update wildly irritated me, yet I still played. And now I’m ranking superpowers on the PC. I love this game, despite my current frustration and I support it, financially, as much as I can...I believe in it.

But that doesn’t mean that fdev isn’t fallible, and that I won’t act like a big baby when it frustrates me.

Last edited:
On the flip side, I am in solo...so if missions arent instance/mode dependent, I guess cmdrs in other instances could account for this.

But the interactions seem pretty dang specific to me. Meaning, once I take those 3 missions, I won’t get anymore for about 30 min...this is from a pretty small sample size also, as on the PS4 I ranked both fed and empire thru stacking skimmer and planetary scans.

Those stacking skimmer missions were SO MUCH FUN. Wildly entertaining and wildly profitable. The most fun I’ve ever had in this game, to date. But that’s just me.

Last edited:
But you’d think that the faction with the MASSIVE influence would have the most resources and ability to evacuate the most people.

What is influence for?

Another interesting factoid. Just because Wogam Bridge sponsors 10 missions, YOU WILL NOT GET ANY FED RANK from any of those 10 missions UNLESS the mission is FOR Wogam Bridge.

I can’t recall ever seeing a mission from Wogam that was also for Wogam.

Yes, this does mean that you must check the “DELIVER TO” section in ADDITIONAL mission details, for every mission.

Trust me, i tested it. I grabbed all 8 Wogam missions for other factions and 1 mission of 2 passengers sponsored by another faction for Wogam.

All 8 gave me no rank, 0 rank. The 1 mission, 12%.

And yes, I relogged -AND- waited 5 min between each mission completion...and I waited an additional 30 min between the last of the 8, and the 1...just in case.

Last edited:
Top Bottom