Danger Island - Chapter 1 - The Secret Project

Chapter 1 - The Secret Project

Image1.jpg

It was a quiet morning in the office. I came in a little early to get a head start to the day. I was finishing up some paperwork for a theme park that needed finalized. I had just submitted the final edits when my boss Ric came in. He saw me, waved, and went to his office. I continued on some other paperwork when he came back out and called me to the meeting room.
20200818232238-1.jpg

I saved my work and went there.
"Michael! I'm Glad I could catch you this early. I didn't want anyone else but you to know about a secret project I've been working on behind the scenes."
"Oh. A secret project?" I replied.
"Yes. You're the only one I can trust to let in on it. I can trust you right?"
"Of course!" I quickly replied. After that, he told me to meet him at the seaport after telling me to pack for camping for a week. He let me off early to go pack. My wife helped me pack and she dropped me off at the seaport. I waved goodbye and met up on Ric's yacht.
20200818232706-1.jpg

"Glad you could make it! We'll go ahead and set off to the island now" Ric said.
"Island?" I asked.
"Yes! It's an uncharted island I was able to make a claim on before anyone else. Even Old Man Walter Wonder didn't seem to pick up on it. To the world it's just another island. I see an entire island resort. Which is why we are going there, to explore and see what secrets this island may be hiding so we can better plan the resort."
"Sounds like a plan to me!."
"Then away we go!"
And with that we were on our way. Little did we know what really was gonna become of this trip.
20200810204119-1.jpg

20200810204054-1.jpg

Chapter 2 - Setting up camp

We left Knight City port and headed southeast towards Bermuda. Then went headed East another hour. Then in the distance I could see the outline of a island in the horizon. The closer we got the bigger the island
Image2.jpg

It wasn’t a giant island but it wasn’t small either. You could sandy beaches, tons of rainforest and a tall pointed mountain. That alone told me that this place was volcanic. Thankfully it didn’t look like it was active and probably wouldn’t be for the next hundred years. We anchored the yacht 10 feet from the beach and went ashore.
Image3.jpg

Image4.jpg

I started taking pictures as we looked for a place to make camp. After about an hour of setting camp, we decided to go explore.

The one thing we definitely needed to do was find fresh water. So we headed down the beach. The island is beautiful. Untouched. But, strangely it had its eeriness. For instance, it was strangely quiet. A little, too quiet. The only sound that you could hear was the sound of the ocean waves, the local birds and the small breeze flowing thru the trees. We walked a little more and finally heard the sound of running water. We followed the sound to a small pond.

20200810204110-1.jpg

Image5.jpg

We were thirsty as ever so we went ahead and took a drink. The water was so crisp and clean! Even the water back home wasn’t as crisp as this water. And another thing we noticed was that the pond never ran over it’s borders. It never emptied but was never full either. We’ve never seen anything like it before. Unfortunately we aren’t scientists and couldn’t explain anything that we were seeing. The only thing we could guess is that it ran off an underground spring. The sun was beginning to set so we started heading back to camp. As we were walking, we heard a loud crunch. “What the heck was that?” I screeched. “Shh. I don’t know.” Ric replied. We heard it again, so we dove behind a giant bush. We heard it again. What is that noise, we wondered. Ric looked up and then froze. I looked up as well. We could not believe what we were seeing.

8-DBBE654-E559-41-AE-BEBB-891-DC920-B5-FE.png

We stood there just staring, frozen in our place from the site we saw.

Image8.jpg

There was another crunch as this giant creature crunches down on the leaves of the trees. We could not believe our eyes. We were staring at a living, breathing duck billed dinosaur!

Image7.jpg

We pinched ourselves to be sure we weren’t dreaming. I quickly took a picture or two and we slowly walked away towards our camp. We got to camp, cooked dinner and went to bed in silence.

Image9.jpg

All that was going thru my brain was HOW? How on earth did we just see a dinosaur? The dinosaurs have been extinct for millions of years haven’t they? But yet, there was one here! How is that even possible? It shouldn’t be possible! I probably asked myself 100 questions that night. So many questions that I passed out from exhaustion.

Image10.jpg

The next morning, Ric and I started eating breakfast. “Ric, how is this even possible? I mean...we saw a freaking dinosaur!” “I don’t know. I can’t explain anything of what we saw yesterday. But we should be thankful that’s the ONLY one we found. And a friendly one at that.” He’s right. For all we know, it could’ve been a T-Rex we found. But then again, whose to say there isn’t one of those around here either? We hoped to never find out. We changed the subject to what we would do today. After yesterday’s experience, we wondered if there were and other surprises to be found here.
We began walking around so more to see what else we could find. The past few days went by quick. We walked up the mountain and got an awesome view!

20200810204104-1.jpg

We walked back down and found a giant cave.

Image11.jpg

But since it was late we decided to come back tomorrow to explore it. There’s been a couple small earthquakes but none to be worried about. Until tomorrow, we rest.

Top Bottom