Data cleanup efforts throughout the galaxy

Well there's another interesting one on the list of bodies with 0ls distance from entry!

One Myrielk WA-C d14-4267 A 1, it's actually 0.31ls from a white dwarf so it's not actually 1ls, so unless we start counting decimal places it's probably correct!

There was a slight fix introduced to avoid non typed body insertion, but it will require more rewrite to be certain that all databases table are filled in a single transaction.

Ok that was interesting, just updated another body with 0ls distance from the star, and what a strange error. Fortunately I took screenshots of the EDSM page before jumpingin, the reason in this case there was 0ls distance from the star was because....there was no star!

Here is the main EDSM system summary page and bodies page before I jumped in;

<snip>

Note of interest here, the system summary shows one body, and that body is the planet 7 with basically no information at all! So of course no distance to the star. The detailed view however shows it was scanned and mapped by [ZLO]FeNRiR, so this was after the introduction of the FSS.

So, what changed on EDSM after I jumped in?

The first interesting is it shows me as the first player to report the system to EDSM, even though [ZLO]FeNRiR's tag is actually on the star.

<snip>

The system summary now shows full details, 11 bodies altogether;

<snip>

We now have a star.

<snip>

And a fully detailed report on body 7 with the correct image.

<snip>

The only thing I can assume from this change is that whatever the original visitor to the system was using, only the data reported from the surface scanner and probes was forwarded to EDSM, the scan data from the FSS was never forwarded, this may give us some help in tracking down what is actually causing these errors.

Unfortunately the EDDB page doesn't have all of the insert history...

Someone may be able to pull up the tool used to create the system 42 days ago.

Unfortunately the EDDB page doesn't have all of the insert history...

Someone may be able to pull up the tool used to create the system 42 days ago.

It does seem strange that the mapping and star and body discovery tags were there, which means the data was turned in to UC successfully, but only the DSS and mapping data made it to EDSM.

Kyloabs GD-A d14-5540 "DistanceFromArrivalLS":0.335211
20200116102826_1.jpg

Last edited:
Woah, I'm having a look at ShadowNUAR's https://www.edsm.net/en/system/bodies/id/11065017/name/Eoch+Pruae+PD-A+d14-1070
That system has a -red dwarf- only 4 ls from the neutron, and there's a metal rich world even closer?!?

Holy roche limits batman...

Rotation period 0.2 days, Orbital period 0.0 days? So it must be orbiting in less than .1 of a day to come up zero there, wow that things must whipping around that star like crazy, that would be a good one for a time lapse.

Top Bottom