David Braben Powerplay AMA

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Hi David!
Thargoids! When will they come?
Also: When is the 1.3. beta starting, when is the release planned?

SlackR

Banned
Will you be getting an HTC vive ? Have you already tried it with ED?

Will we finally hear "right on commander?"

David Braben

CEO & Founder
Frontier
Powerplay group functions.

with powerplay bringing players together under one flag I would imagine that new groups will want to form up to protect their faction, with this in mind will powerplay or future updates for powerplay add a group management function like member search or the DDF discussed feature to automatically kick players from a group who attack another player that belongs to their group?

Hi Mobius - this is something we will look at in the future, but is not part of Powerplay.

Hi David!

Q:Is Lady Kahina Tijani Loren a possible Power?I've seen a lot about her on Galnet News.I've read Elite:Reclamation and it's quite an interesting character.

Hi David,

Congratulations on the game so far - it's an amazing experience!

I'm a member of the Crimson State Group of Lugh. The newsletter description of Powers seemed to suggest that a Power is a multi-system minor faction, and that its power comes from expansion of that minor faction into as many systems as possible. Can the Power Play model cope with a faction such as the Crimson State Group who by its nature does not want to control other systems but to liberate them for self-determination?

Thanks!

Last edited:
How will "lone wolf" players be protected by game mechanics (i.e. those that do not wish to become affiliated with a group or always fly in a wing) The Powerplay update sounds like an excellent way to promote combat between players, but how will you avoid making the game very difficult to traverse for those who prefer a more solitary approach?

Early in the DDF, there was talk that in-system security would help deal with threats to players and keep piracy to "outlaw" systems. If Piracy is a valid mechanism in Powerplay, how is it defined and will it help traders acquire an equal footing with raiders?

Will certain powers be across the main factions like empire and federation ect, thinking of explorers selling data across the whole of human space?

Hi David

I've been a huge fan of yours since 84 :)

I'll ask the most pathetic and obvious questions but hey, someone has to do it.

1: are we getting "Right on Commander!" Back?
2: will any factions in 1.3 give perks/bonuses to us Miners?
3: any hint/news of Space Dredgers/Generation ships coming at some point?
4: shuttling passengers would be a great addition for any faction, can we see it soon?

Thanks and Right on Commander!

(Notice I didn't mention my collectors box still hasn't arrived.. Oh.. Oops)

Hi David,
I know the game is not about being "The Chosen One" and I think the procedural nature of the design is wonderful - sometimes though, perhaps only very occasionally, it would be great to feel not "Chosen" but perhaps a little "special". Will there be missions that feel more "hand coded" and unique, that make the player feel they are getting involved in something more mysterious and full of intrigue than the routine missions?

Hey David, thank you for answering our questions.

I simply would like to know the stats for the two new ships, or when we will see the stats for the new ships.

Good morning Mr Braben, big fan since Elite 2!

Imperial Courier ship - name makes me think of long range jumper ship to deliver parcels and items. What is ship's role designed like?

Hi David,

There's a DDF item regarding our ships being able to be... shipped to us as a service. Any news on when/if this will be made available.
Shuttling back and forth to collate my 5 ship (and growing armada) is getting old.

Thanks for a great game.

Great work so far, brought back lots of fond memories from Frontier and First Encounters.

Speaking of which, will the new assassination missions be closer to Frontier and First Encounters? Eg you get given a time, location and ship info of your target then you use that to plan your hit, normally following them as they jump so you can hit them in deep space.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom