Guide / Tutorial Dav's Hope for the new commander

... shows that the devs intended these features to be available for relogging
I really would be not so sure in such regard, it is at best just personal guesswork. However imo the worst is, that instead to teaching new players how to gather materials along normal play (without any real need to maxing as first materials in storage, which will happen anyway by itself with time) is shown to them the most unfun mechanism as something what is absolutely necessary to play this game. I know that some type of players simply must have all overnight, but question is how long (and how regularly) these players still play ED.

Btw: Davs Hope as also other inra etc. settlements are all really nice places with good atmosphere and worth to revisit for this ... not bcs materials.

Last edited:
Something I have noticed about Dav's Hope from way back, it usually does not drop the good stuff right away. A CMDR must often make several laps, relogging each time before anything significant shows up.

Which I had alerted people to in the OP - in very big red letters - I don't know how to make them flash though. ;)

I have asked a Mod to add " - Horizons Only" to the thread title for now.
Yep, you made it clear enough. I never had a response to my question so I don't know for sure if they were in Odyssey.

Just a heads up, as of Update 7 for odyssey, you can go to Dav's Hope. You will just need to do a relog after getting in your SRV. The materials show up fine except for mat 4 and 5. 4 will occasionally show up, but 5 has yet to show itself.

Just visited for the first time in Horizons and there were no material drops until I relogged. Just FYI
I also had an odd issue where mats stopped appearing in open.

Anyone know what the data port is for (if anything)? When you activate you start to hear incomprehensible voices and a sidewinder patrol seems to get triggered...

Last edited:
Just visited for the first time in Horizons and there were no material drops until I relogged. Just FYI
I also had an odd issue where mats stopped appearing in open.

Anyone know what the data port is for (if anything)? When you activate you start to hear incomprehensible voices and a sidewinder patrol seems to get triggered...
The telescopic tower near the gate provides a raw data resource/material for your engineering stocks, the others let you hear/read the settlement log so you can find out what happened (mostly).

Came back after a break, having had Horizons only before and now with Odyssey. However after reading previous reports that the location of Dav's Hope has been changed in Odyssey, I chose to log into Horizons first for this trip, but the current one, not Legacy. Found Dav's Hope at my old bookmark and everything seems as before (I cannot say whether they changed players' bookmarks to the new coords though.) After a few rounds I switched to Odyssey, and still everything seems in its place. So far I can't detect any of the issues reported before. Materials appear, the datalink scan works, everything fine. Grinding away... and grateful for this shortcut even if it's a bit meh for gameplay, but I'm more eager to go on another expedition soon. Thanks for fixing 👍

Came back after a break, having had Horizons only before and now with Odyssey. However after reading previous reports that the location of Dav's Hope has been changed in Odyssey, I chose to log into Horizons first for this trip, but the current one, not Legacy. Found Dav's Hope at my old bookmark and everything seems as before (I cannot say whether they changed players' bookmarks to the new coords though.) After a few rounds I switched to Odyssey, and still everything seems in its place. So far I can't detect any of the issues reported before. Materials appear, the datalink scan works, everything fine. Grinding away... and grateful for this shortcut even if it's a bit meh for gameplay, but I'm more eager to go on another expedition soon. Thanks for fixing 👍

Yes they fixed Dav's Hope a few updates ago - however @Para Handy is not on the forum any more so maybe a mod could go into the OP and correct that post - maybe by removing the Oct 2021 edit (the bit in red)?

Yes they fixed Dav's Hope a few updates ago - however @Para Handy is not on the forum any more so maybe a mod could go into the OP and correct that post - maybe by removing the Oct 2021 edit (the bit in red)?
Good idea because this thread is found high on the list with search engines by anyone who looks for instructions about this part of the game.

Top Bottom