Dav's Hope visit and the Rebuy Screen!

TL;DR - there is a random chance of a secure settlement appearing very close to one end of the site. It's not Davs Hope.

Growing tired of the grind that is Mats hunting, I decided that I'd head over to Hyades Sector DR-V C2-23 and see what everyone's always on about regarding Dav's Hope.

Jump into the shipyard and pick myself up a nice shiny new T6 and set her up with a small shield, Scoop, and vehicle bay and SRV, and then do basic jump range engineering on the FSD. To lighten the load, I drop the small lasers.

Off we go into the black - 8 jumps from Anima to Hyades Sector DR-V C2-23. Good news, only one T-Tauri between the two on my route, so no fuel worries.

There's A5 - let's head on over to those coordinates. Drop to 5Km and there it is. I see some clear space so I start to edge in when - "Tresspass alert". Okay, so some pew-pew practice against the skimmers in the SRV - I'm up for that. Lower, lower ... What the heck is that - shields down! Point up and hit boost - KABOOM!!!! Rebuy screen.

So, back to Anima, - this time the lasers stay, the shield is increased, and off we go again.

Good thing that T6s are cheap on the rebuy :).

Last edited:

Stealthie

Banned
Yeah, seen this before.

Don't think it's persistent (?) but sometimes one of those generic surface-outposts spawns just outside Dav's Hope and it'll become hostile if you trespass.

If you land on the far side of Dav's Hope you can pretty-much ignore it, even if it's shooting at you, cos the buildings block it's fire.

I had some weird base close to Dav's once I forget the name and last mission there was something about emergency site? Dav's is totally abandoned and kind of creepy with the alerts still sounding off, then the ships cruising by.

I had some weird base close to Dav's once I forget the name and last mission there was something about emergency site? Dav's is totally abandoned and kind of creepy with the alerts still sounding off, then the ships cruising by.

Dav's Hope certainly has a creepy atmosphere and if you read all the messages there it makes it even more eery. Well done by FD.

Yeah, seen this before.

Don't think it's persistent (?) but sometimes one of those generic surface-outposts spawns just outside Dav's Hope and it'll become hostile if you trespass.

If you land on the far side of Dav's Hope you can pretty-much ignore it, even if it's shooting at you, cos the buildings block it's fire.

Ahh, the joys of rng.

IIRC, some cca 10 km from Hope there are always at least 5 different types of non-persistent POIs. And there are NPCs behind the mountain. Lost a ship and some SRVs until I've learned the lesson.

Of the hundred or so times I have stopped off at Dav's Hope I have never seen any defenses of any kind.

I spent a couple of days there back when I was engineering, I've often wondered about the guys who were left trapped in the mine and if one day we get space legs maybe we could dig down and examine their dry, desiccated corpses and erect some sort of memorial. But nope, no defenses, not even any ganking despite being joined by two or three other cmdrs at odd times. A few system defence ships were flying around at times as well but they didn't bother us as we picked over the old bones of the settlement, you would think looting would pull their chain but apparently it's all fine!

I've now made 28 trips to orbit and back and that settlement has appeared twice. As mentioned, I just maneuver to the opposite end to set down and ignore that area.

The lovely thing is you only need to break the orbital cruise zone and everything respawns.

It is odd seeing Belugas and Orcas orbiting the site regularly.

Stealthie

Banned
It is odd seeing Belugas and Orcas orbiting the site regularly.

Speaking of Dav's Hope oddness, and Orcas...

Anybody else encountered the flight of 3 Orcas that sometimes appears at DH named "Decoy 1", "Decoy 2" and "Prince Olafson"?

Wonder what that's all about?

I kept reading at "set her up with a small shield"

Nothing says "you know where this is going" like a small shield.

As for the mysterious three Orcas, I don't know what that's about, but I'm willing to bet hard currency that none of them contain the real Prince Olafson.

Speaking of Dav's Hope oddness, and Orcas...

Anybody else encountered the flight of 3 Orcas that sometimes appears at DH named "Decoy 1", "Decoy 2" and "Prince Olafson"?

Wonder what that's all about?

I'm going to shoot them in Beta and see what happens.

Sometimes it spawns closer than others - at least on 3 of my drops. I did find it around the mountain, but sometimes it spawns within a klick or two.

I spent a couple of days there back when I was engineering, I've often wondered about the guys who were left trapped in the mine and if one day we get space legs maybe we could dig down and examine their dry, desiccated corpses and erect some sort of memorial. But nope, no defenses, not even any ganking despite being joined by two or three other cmdrs at odd times. A few system defence ships were flying around at times as well but they didn't bother us as we picked over the old bones of the settlement, you would think looting would pull their chain but apparently it's all fine!

Nope. They founded something and were terminated to keep the secret.
There is a similar story on some other place, cannot recall which one.

Top Bottom