Deliver us mars steam only?

I am profoundly disappointed this seems to be steam only for PC, which I refuse to use due to the forced abandonment of your right to privacy. Is there no way to buy/preorder the stand alone game like you can for ED?

You can get it on Epic, or console. Should be lots of ED related consoles coming on the market soon :sneaky:

You can get it on Epic, or console. Should be lots of ED related consoles coming on the market soon :sneaky:
Thanks don’t play consoles but I might look at Epic, although I suspect is essentially the same problem as steam, it catalogs and monitors you and everything on the PC and uploads it to the epic servers. They’re mining you/your data, surveillance capitalism. This is why I have sadly had to pass on many great looking games lately as it seems to be the norm to just use steam (or other similar) now to launch a new title. May have to give up at some point and just build a dedicated gaming PC with zero personal information on it, behind a VPN and use prepaid credit cards for it all.

I am profoundly disappointed this seems to be steam only for PC, which I refuse to use due to the forced abandonment of your right to privacy. Is there no way to buy/preorder the stand alone game like you can for ED?

Elite Dangerous is now the only F D game that is available as a stand alone (not Steam) PC game. JWE, Planet Coaster and Planet Zoo are Steam only and the foundry one (Struggling) is also Steam only. Judging by the promo and early-adopter stuff F1 manager is also going to be Steam only.

We just have to suck it up and accept these things it seems.

Nov 23.jpg
From Nov 23, we can grab Deliver us Mars cost free on Epic Store :sneaky:

Got it on Epic and it's not bad. I agree with most of the reviews - the story and voice acting are good (Astarion in a pre-fame role :) ).

The platforming sections (climbing) let it down a bit as it is one of those games where you know what to do, but need perfect timing to complete things, so that had me walking away a couple of times. The puzzles were ok - though I only understood how to do the Hologram puzzle on the last one in the game (I managed to get through until them by just randomish inputs - a tutorial would have been nice). The 'power direction' puzzles were my favourites as they were difficult but just required some thinking and looking around.

Luckily the story had me hooked so I kept coming back and am glad I did - there are some standout scenes along the way, but that would be spoilers :)

Top Bottom