Designing an indoor park (problems I've had)

I know it's early days for the alpha but I've already tried to make use of what they've already given us with this amazing game.

I remember back in RCT3 building huge indoor theme parks. it was extreme fun but was restricted by the blocky coaster building. however consider PC has freedom I am in the process of designing my own indoor park
however there are a few issues I have already found.
1 they need floor tiles. I know we can place the roof tiles down but they don't sit flat with the ground.
2 the path doesn't work too well in this favor. maybe add a square mode where paths can be 90 degree turns and have sharp edges. this will allow for clean and easy building of these. also the ability to remove banisters would be a nice touch too.
3 better lighting. I know the lighting we have is pretty good and its early days. however the lighting isn't suitable to light up a big area like a mall made for coasters.
4 colourable objects. I know this was mentioned in the livestream at the time of posting this. however I hope it's added in the next alpha or a patch sometime soon.
5 windows. the windows in the game look nice.. however they're not really windows are they? they're not transparent at all which means you can't see the beautiful coasters and flat rides. however if they are made
into proper windows, possibly give the option to tint them like in RCT3.

Anyways i'll post further updates on this post and any screenshots of the current build for you all to enjoy. [happy]

Pre Final Build. Mostly finished

http://imgur.com/a/NogSD
ClANhFz.png

Any feedback on this is appreciated [happy]

Last edited:
Looking very cool. I never tried making an indoor theme park in rct3, it would seem very frustrating to do because it would take so much time. But yeah maybe square floor tiles like the old rct's or the sims would be very nice

Looking very cool. I never tried making an indoor theme park in rct3, it would seem very frustrating to do because it would take so much time. But yeah maybe square floor tiles like the old rct's or the sims would be very nice
The biggest problem when you make a indoor park in RCT3 is when you need to close the roof (it may take 1000 years), but everything else is just like a normal park. [yesnod]

I would think maybe they could add something in the terrain editor (in the youtube video yesterday you can pick the type of ground you want). Maybe in that they could add a material that would resemble a floor. The closest thing right now but we can't use yet is the sand. Or they could just add more types of tiles to the building editor. Either way I'm sure you'd have a decent foundation.

@Angelis
I just tried to make an indoor Pool once in RCT3 (a pretty big one). It made me want do die. When it was finished, it wasn't even worth it because the Game slowed down to a crawl :(

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Or they could give us some Construction Foundations as Game Assets. They would act as Blocks you can lower into the Ground to have a visible solid Foundation where you can put stuff on. Like Track Supports or Flooring.

Last edited:

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
The biggest problem when you make a indoor park in RCT3 is when you need to close the roof (it may take 1000 years), but everything else is just like a normal park. [yesnod]

Closing the roof in any RCT game is like being tortured! I never bothered making anything with a large roof. So glad it is so much better in PC.

Top Bottom