Despite PS5. Bad performance in the instances in open gameplay

hHello. Does anyone else have the problem on PS5, which noticeable the performance in the open, especially in flight in the wing. Maybe someone also has a solution for the problem? Thank you very much o7

Is there already a corresponding issue Entry? If not, one of you could do this. Unfortunately, my English is not that good. 😉

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Apparently my ps4's SSD is broken. I assume that was the reason for the lag and NOT ed. Now i need a new Harddrive... :-(
Odd my PS5 SSD isn't broken and I've tried it on the internal and an external SSD and I usually get 'lag' in Open play when I am instanced with other CMDRs.

If there are no CMDRs around it's fine which rules out the SSD for me.

Although the OP was taking about PS5 I guess also.

Not me personally (maybe I'm just lucky), but plenty do. Is this anything like what you're seeing? https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/23069

I think this is a different issue. Crashing usually does occur in busier systems though with players and FC movement making it more likely.

hHello. Does anyone else have the problem on PS5, which noticeable the performance in the open, especially in flight in the wing. Maybe someone also has a solution for the problem? Thank you very much o7
Frontier clearly doesn't give one iota... Even if Sally might make an effort to state otherwise. If Frontier cared, some of these issues would have been addressed waaaaaaaay back and given some sense of priority. They predictably launched Odyssey in a shambles state, which I always expected seeing how they had been acting for years. To think they would care to really smooth out console performance at this stage, I highly doubt it, shy of Odyssey coming out - which will need miracle optimizations on old base consoles, judging by PC performance issues!

Something was wrong today, squadron was doing AX CZ. Awful, jitter / fps for all, a mix of PS4 and PS5 squad mates. Its was the worst I've ever seen and I'm on PS5. Something is fundamentally in need of fixing, can't say what it is, it can't be processer or GPU being on PS5.

I'd have to blame networking / instancing at this point because that style of issue was rife all day. :/

Edit, was in open at the end, but had problems in private group before we all went into open. ~7 of us.

Last edited:
Top Bottom