Dev Diary 2?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I'm curious and interested in Odyssey. About excitement, I still haven't seen anything apart from some asset so I need to see the full picture together to be excited.

Concerning tomorrow Dev Diary I could be really excited only if they show some "real" planet with atmospheric phenomena (rain, clouds, wind, storms) and dense vegetation (but we know ELW are still very far), and ships interiors.
Alternatively Water Worlds with submarine SRVs and underwater exploration.

Instead small things that would be really exciting if released altogether would be:
  • New SRVs
  • Volcanic planets
  • Planetary mining with SRVs and personal equipment on legs
  • Useful and interactive NPC in the ship cockpits
  • Gas Giants interaction with volumetric clouds and storms
  • Bartender
  • New exploration gameloops that are not limited to aim and shoot a weapon/tool to something.

I can't remember if it was fan fiction or actual concept art but there was a very cool image of an under water base with orca and beluga floating around way way back. If that comes tho it won't be this DLC so I dare say we are even at best case 2 years + off that being even a slim possibility

Someone uploaded the dev diary 2 early. It's removed, but here is a screenshot. There's NPCs in a station.

BvhFHtB.png

I found more information:

"Featuring insights from Game Director Piers Jackson, Art Director Chris Gregory, Lead Designer Gareth Hughes, Principal Audio Designer Matthew Florianz, and Principal Animator Felix Ilsley, the new video looks at how you'll be able to shape your own narrative in Odyssey, by making various choices."

"There's further detail on how you can approach missions, as well as the different station interiors and spacesuits you'll discover, and the ways you'll be able to interact with an array of new characters while exploring on foot. There's also info on how Odyssey will work even if you don't own your own ship in Elite Dangerous."

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom